2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Well it's a pretty subjective ranking. Scott Wheeler has us at 6th and his list is:

Michkov
Bonk
Brink
Andrae
Rizzo
Desnoyers
Kolosov
Barkey
Ciernik
Tuomaala

Obviously most rankings have Michkov doing the heavy lifting for our pool, but it's alson not completely devoid of talent.

I want to know what the Flyers paid him for that ranking. Michkov is doing all of the lifting there. Bonk, Brink, and Barkey have a bit of promise as middle of the lineup guys. The rest? I am less than whelmed.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Marody and Laczynski led the Phantoms in scoring and are unrestricted free agents. Any chance they are re-signed to two-way contracts?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Marody and Laczynski led the Phantoms in scoring and are unrestricted free agents. Any chance they are re-signed to two-way contracts?
Doubtful. Marody may have better options. i.e. more money playing in the KHL or Swiss league. I would guess that Laczynski will try for a fresh start with another organization since Torts doesn't really consider him an option at all.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Is the KHL really an option for a guy like Marody?

Would have a *chance* to get an offer. But doubt any top team would have any interest. And the chance would probably be like 20%...

And most likely given his profile he would have to prove himself on smaller ice for a year or two... generally the way unless a player was a legit NHLer. Look at a guy like Bracco who had a far higher profile, had to go and play in lesser Euro leagues first before KHL came calling.

Reactions: Larry44

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Joe Snively is allegedly signing in the KHL this summer and he's the same age as Marody, similar AHL scoring profile, and three inches shorter. I don't see why Marody would be any different. 🤷‍♂️

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It’s really stupid that Lappy is getting an extension and a bunch of praise from Briere when the Phantoms record the past two seasons is a thoroughly mediocre 69-60-9. They only made the playoffs because the AHL has 23 teams out of 32 get in.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Lappy's record as an AHL head coach is 98-92-30. In the 8 team Atlantic Division, the Phantoms have finished 8th, 6th and 6th. So you can see why the Flyers felt they had to lock this former Flyer up before other NHL teams poached him. :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Actual quote from the GM about how Lappy earned the extension:

"Development is critical, where we're at. Lappy's been part of this organization, understands this organization, he understands what our fans want and need. You know, and he's been one of those guys, he was I think he was a seventh round pick... he might get mad at me if he was lower than that. But ah, you know he had to fight for everything, he earned everything throughout his career. To have a guy like that, he can walk into a room as a coach and look at someone and say, you know what, that next shot - you better get on your knees and stop it with your face, cause he's done it."

Doomed.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Actual quote from the GM about how Lappy earned the extension:

"Development is critical, where we're at. Lappy's been part of this organization, understands this organization, he understands what our fans want and need. You know, and he's been one of those guys, he was I think he was a seventh round pick... he might get mad at me if he was lower than that. But ah, you know he had to fight for everything, he earned everything throughout his career. To have a guy like that, he can walk into a room as a coach and look at someone and say, you know what, that next shot - you better get on your knees and stop it with your face, cause he's done it."

Doomed.
Wow that is comical and expected. This franchose will neve ever change or get it.

Shit they can't even develop a quality goon.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad