2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
It’s over for London
Not quite, but the next goal wins...

Well, after a 5 minute shift by Bonk, Dickenson goes through the whole team and Cowan makes it 3-2... 12 minutes left.

Dickenson ties it with 9:44 left. Sam D has been dominant, Hedman-like, and Bonk has been a stalwart. Skating miles, checking everything, moving the puck. Kid has great composure. Barkey hadn't done much but he had a couple nice passes out of board battles in his last shift. Dionicio from Saginaw is a great dman, for the Ducks...

Saginaw scores with 22 secs left. Congrats on making it back.

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Which London player was responsible for that turnover that led to the GWG? That was pretty egregious.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’d probably rank it higher just on the pure fact that Michkov has a legit ceiling of being an higher end impact player with better than normal odds of that conveying.

But other than that yeah it’s not really pretty. You’ve amassed a pretty good amount of lottery tickets in goal for hopefully something to stick. The forward & defense pool as a whole aren’t very good right now. But they do have a lot of picks for this year’s draft so we’ll see after that.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
The Flyers prospect group will probably be very deep after next year’s draft plus there are some young players who already graduated that have some good potential. We just have to have patience and hope. Honestly I don’t think it would be a good idea if Michkov came over next season. I’d like one more year of potentially getting a lottery pick before trying to form something out of what we got

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
The Flyers prospect group will probably be very deep after next year’s draft plus there are some young players who already graduated that have some good potential. We just have to have patience and hope. Honestly I don’t think it would be a good idea if Michkov came over next season. I’d like one more year of potentially getting a lottery pick before trying to form something out of what we got
My guess is we're in the 7-10 range at worst after this draft. I think we did pretty good at minimum with those core 3 picks last year. Gave me a little hope.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
My guess is we're in the 7-10 range at worst after this draft. I think we did pretty good at minimum with those core 3 picks last year. Gave me a little hope.
Unless Briere goes crazy, after next year’s draft we should have a prospect group of Michkov, Bonk, #12, #31 or 32, the O’Brien 2nd, the CLB 2nd, 2025 1st, 2025 COL 1st, 2025 2nd plus whoever emerges from the lower rounds. That group will probably be ranked high. A TK or Laughton trade could add to that group. There are some good young guys with potential already on the team like Brink, York, Drysdale, Foerster, etc. The Cutter loss hurts the prospect ranking since we got a young NHL back but Cutter was never going to play for us so it’s best to move on. The future will show what type of player Drysdale is and maybe we’ll find out other offers on the table but it sounds like we weren’t getting a stud prospect back despite Cutter being ranked high as a prospect

Holmgren emptied the prospect pool going for it. He got close but failed. We then dealt with 2 terrible GM’s who set this team far back. Just like Drysdale, the future will show if Briere gets the team back to contender status. So far he’s made me more optimistic than not. It was always going to take a few years or so to right the ship

Reactions: renberg

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
And the rebuild began with this regime…which is entering year 2.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Year 2 since they traded their 5th overall pick from 3 drafts ago already.
He wasn’t going to sign. I guess they could have played hard ball but pretty sure everyone here would rake the Flyers over the coals if he left and Flyers got nothing in return

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He wasn’t going to sign. I guess they could have played hard ball but pretty sure everyone here would rake the Flyers over the coals if he left and Flyers got nothing in return
Hardball looks like the right choice here. The assumption was Cutters value had peaked or word would get out and you’d lose your position. The later may be true but I could also see fan bases putting a lot of pressure to acquire cutter. The former I think is not true.

It would have been best to hold onto him and trade him at this draft imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad