Prospect Info: 2023-24 #1: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
cutter with an OT snipe to win BCs first game 2-1
I am watching that game right now. It’s been super sloppy from both teams thus far (mid thru 2nd), penalty after penalty… but Cutter has made a few decent passing plays on the half wall on the PP. Still shooting more than I would like to see, but it’s awesome to see progress.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Fun fact re: Gendron -

Only three 7th round forwards have played more than 40 AHL games in their D+2, this century. They averaged .29 PPG. Me thinks the Flyers would be wise to send him back to the Q for his overage season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fun fact re: Gendron -

Only three 7th round forwards have played more than 40 AHL games in their D+2, this century. They averaged .29 PPG. Me thinks the Flyers would be wise to send him back to the Q for his overage season.
He has nothing left to prove at that level. 69 goals in 76 games (including playoffs).
If he can't produce at the AHL level, the talent probably isn't there.

That doesn't mean he'll be an instant star, just that either the Q production was a mirage or a sign he's special, and only one way to find out.

Reactions: tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Glad we are now OK to judge results of preseason games involving fringe AHL players. That was a no-no yesterday.
lol maybe post what i said so everyone can see how you misrepresent things lil fella

flyguydetector.jpg

Last edited:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He has nothing left to prove at that level. 69 goals in 76 games (including playoffs).
If he can't produce at the AHL level, the talent probably isn't there.

That doesn't mean he'll be an instant star, just that either the Q production was a mirage or a sign he's special, and only one way to find out.
it doesn't have to be a mirage at all. Juniors much diff than the pro level. May not translate or just may not be good enough.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
it doesn't have to be a mirage at all. Juniors much diff than the pro level. May not translate or just may not be good enough.
let him ride that confidence into the pros then, its unlikely he hits 60 again its rare even for the Q. if he starts scoring right away you can start giving him bigger minutes and get him ready earlier or you can let him cook.

4 of the top 10 goal scorers last year spent a season in the AHL and half the top 20 points getters in the playoffs last year were all AHLers at one point, let him hone his craft against pro goaltenders

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
let him ride that confidence into the pros then, its unlikely he hits 60 again its rare even for the Q. if he starts scoring right away you can start giving him bigger minutes and get him ready earlier or you can let him cook.

4 of the top 10 goal scorers last year spent a season in the AHL and half the top 20 points getters in the playoffs last year were all AHLers at one point, let him hone his craft against pro goaltenders
ahl I agree. Longshot prospect who maybe just maybe turns into something.

Reactions: tnfrs

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We should drafted him with our 2nd. Oh wait.

The Devils have him, Hamilton, L. Hughes, Nemec. Weirdly enough, they value skill and having elite offensive defensemen doesn't prohibit drafting more skill. Then they acquired their two actually plus defensive defensemen at a discount.

I feel like this is a better process than spending all your premium assets on mediocre defensive defensemen and then putting all your offense in the hands of York/Andrae.....

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
sounds like we're gonna have no trouble walking through the devils defense in a couple years lol

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A career .88 PPG scorer in the worst Major Junior League in NA is too good for Junior hockey. :laugh:

lol maybe post what i said so everyone can see how you misrepresent things lil fella

View attachment 750138
Did you figure out how PTOs/ATOs work yet chief?

The team that gave up the 4th fewest xGA% last year?

Who besides Michkov is exactly walking through anyone? Meanwhile, Jack Hughes and Co. vs. the stifling Flyers defense......
Skilled defensemen are automatically bad at defense. You know the rules.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
below average skaters who barely break 5'10 and play bad defense are bad at defense lol but you can fawn over the competition all you want, seamus casey doesnt impress me. tell jersey to sign them all, we'll send the culture line over and over again until his hollow bird bones snap under the sheer weight of deslauriers' viking beard fetishes braided into it

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"Below average skater."

I must be missing the burners the Flyers have on their future backend. Criticizing the Devils defense and exalting the Flyers at the same time is a DOOZY. Casey is maybe the Devils' 6th best defender in the organization? That's the point. And you'd be lucky if Bonk is half as good as Siegenthaler and Marino on the subject of defensive defensemen.

Last edited:

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
i dont have to be lucky bonk just has to keep developing, Ive watched him. I dont rely on highlight packages to make my opinions on players. theres like 5 defensemen under 6 feet in the top 60 defenseman, seamus casey doesnt have the foot speed to win races to the battles he will inevitably lose anyway, because battles and net front hes useless. Bonk'll just whip some zingers through the screens Casey can't move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad