Prospect Info: 2023-24 #1: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
My pipe dream is:

Fall to ~5-6 worst in league.

Trade someone for another 1st.

Pick ~5-6, ~20, ~25

Manage to get one of the potential 1Cs (Demidov, Catton, Helenius)
Then pick up two of the ridiculous D prospects who will be there in 20s... (Hutson, Buium, Mews, Yakemchuk... heck, maybe Kiviharju falls due to size and injury.)
I know it’s early but aren’t there more centers at the top of the 2025 draft? I don’t see the Flyers getting to 5-6 this year but next year they could be way worse.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
My pipe dream is:

Pick ~5-6, ~20, ~25

Then pick up two of the ridiculous D prospects who will be there in 20s... (Hutson, Buium, Mews, Yakemchuk... heck, maybe Kiviharju falls due to size and injury.)
I'm all in for Hutson or Buium.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
My pipe dream is:

Pick ~5-6, ~20, ~25

Have you seen any of Olofsson? Curious where you think he ends up going on draft day if you have.

sregdoor

Jun 22, 2018
In the business we call it advertorial. If you buy enough ads you get some editorial space, including the cover. I decided to buy it anyway, good ‘24 draft preview and the Flyer feature was written by Wayne Fish as usual. I haven’t subscribed for years but I don’t want THN to go under so I buy the Draft Preview and Prospects Issue.

As a Carter fan, I felt he was under appreciated because he was an effortless skater vs Richards who was loved for grimacing. I like Gauthier as a prospect. He really looks like a winger, not a C, so I’ll be happy if he’s a robust scoring winger 5 years from now. He’s not likely a franchise player - that’s Michkov.
Agree that it appears the Flyers paid for favorable coverage. I went on an ebook site that offers magazines and read it online. Not a bad read, they bought several full pages including a congratulatory page for Ken Hitchcock's HOF selection. The positive ink for the Flyers did not match some of the prospect ratings including in the issue.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Agree that it appears the Flyers paid for favorable coverage. I went on an ebook site that offers magazines and read it online. Not a bad read, they bought several full pages including a congratulatory page for Ken Hitchcock's HOF selection. The positive ink for the Flyers did not match some of the prospect ratings including in the issue.
The actual write up was the usual Wayne Fish review, but there was no reason for them to be on the cover when so many teams have better prospects. I also think the Hockey News knows how many Flyers fans there are across North America and Europe, so they can sell more copies even when the team is garbage.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
What is the rule if you call someone up who is nto waiver exempt? Do they get 10 days or 10 games before they have to pass the waivers?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Stop doing this to me plz

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F1ad762da-0c1b-42de-a08e-884743b81795_400x222.gif

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Rizzo dime. Devine barely had to move his stick to receive it lol. Second primary of the game.

Kid has supreme puck skills and vision. The pump fake shot froze everyone and an awesome pass.

One concern I have when watching him is that most of his highlights are coming from 4v4 or on PP. I plan on watching this one and tomorrows game at some point

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Watched last place Northeastern beat BC 5-3; Gauthier was ok; on the 6 on 5 at the end of the game. , he must have had 4-5 shot attempts, maybe one got through. They feed him the puck and he shoots. Not very creative and when he did try to weave thru traffic was stripped or lost control. And when on the PP noticed Smith favors Leonard and not Gauthier. Leonard is a nasty MFer......

How in the world can NJDevils lose to SJ Sharks 6-3......Phantoms lost 7-3......Phantoms had 39 shots.

Thats all...good night.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Watched last place Northeastern beat BC 5-3; Gauthier was ok; on the 6 on 5 at the end of the game. , he must have had 4-5 shot attempts, maybe one got through. They feed him the puck and he shoots. Not very creative and when he did try to weave thru traffic was stripped or lost control. And when on the PP noticed Smith favors Leonard and not Gauthier. Leonard is a nasty MFer......

How in the world can NJDevils lose to SJ Sharks 6-3......Phantoms lost 7-3......Phantoms had 39 shots.

Thats all...good night.
all i hear from Gauthier screams: NOT SPECIAL

And it perfectly fits with everything this scouting team has done for years!

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
McLaughlin one tee off a #toeguy dime. Fairly good D from Buium too, just better O.

With McLaughlin, I don’t know how for real he is. Clearly, he’s got skill, and knows where to go in the offensive zone. He knows how to find sweet spots…

But Jackson Blake is the guy on that line, and I don’t know if McLaughlin is just a guy with some skill, or if he’s a real prospect. Obviously will take more watches to find out. But he’s a very intriguing guy.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
With McLaughlin, I don’t know how for real he is. Clearly, he’s got skill, and knows where to go in the offensive zone. He knows how to find sweet spots…

But Jackson Blake is the guy on that line, and I don’t know if McLaughlin is just a guy with some skill, or if he’s a real prospect. Obviously will take more watches to find out. But he’s a very intriguing guy.
McLaughlin didn't do that much for me. I'm much more interested in Rizzo. It was kinda hard to focus on him though because I was trying to watch a bunch of guys at once. I'll let you know how I feel after this second game today.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Kid has supreme puck skills and vision. The pump fake shot froze everyone and an awesome pass.

One concern I have when watching him is that most of his highlights are coming from 4v4 or on PP. I plan on watching this one and tomorrows game at some point
No worries, that is someone else's problem. He is not signing with us.

all i hear from Gauthier screams: NOT SPECIAL

And it perfectly fits with everything this scouting team has done for years!
Then he was born to be a Flyer

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
@VladDrag loving Rizzo right now. Not sure there's much I even dislike? I guess I've seen him try to force some passes that were covered but I'm fine with it because most of them have been good. I'd sign him yesterday. Surprised the Canes moved him. Buium is balling though. He's already one of my favorites.

They almost combined for the GWG in OT. King picked up the rebound after a nasty save.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad