Prospect Info: 2023-24 #1: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I feel you. I have no idea why Carolina would have traded him other than if he said he was planning on testing the market or if he specifically told them he wouldn’t sign with them. There could be an issue with their (lack of) AHL affiliate.

I like to keep an eye on him because he’s a fun prospect to watch. He clearly has a unique skill set, and I can’t see some team giving him a chance.

How do you think he’d stylistically mesh with Deslauriers?

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
LHV actually has a lead in what seems like a month. Of course, IP has still his team being outshot by a 2-1 margin

I've watched bits and pieces of a couple of his games, I would be super excited if it wasn't for the fact that I assume he won't sign here.

You have to think he sees there is no room for him.
I stopped keeping track of him because of this. No way he voluntarily signs up to be coached by the prospect killer known as Tortorella....

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Whay is it about the Phantoms that they can't generate shots. Are they that slow of a team or is it IL game plan. Can someone who watch's them regularly explain?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Phantoms won 4-1 against the Chocolates

Edit: 4-2, wrong

Edit: 4-1......sorry must be dazed and confused........

original version with Jimmy Page and the Yardbirds

Led Zep version, please note Jimmy used a cello bow with the Yardbirds before starting the Yardbirds II, which was virtually changed in no time to Led Zep when Chris and Jim [ from the Yardbirds] decided not to join.......and the rest is history..

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Whay is it about the Phantoms that they can't generate shots. Are they that slow of a team or is it IL game plan. Can someone who watch's them regularly explain?
I do not have the time nor the crayons to splain it to ya . Plus it's top secret if I tell ya I might have to kill ya . Sorry .

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I do not have the time nor the crayons to splain it to ya . Plus it's top secret if I tell ya I might have to kill ya . Sorry .
Then can you at least explain the joke that is hidden in your answer?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
received_305922835698102.jpeg

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Phantoms won 4-1 against the Chocolates

Edit: 4-2, wrong

Edit: 4-1......sorry must be dazed and confused........

original version with Jimmy Page and the Yardbirds

Led Zep version, please note Jimmy used a cello bow with the Yardbirds before starting the Yardbirds II, which was virtually changed in no time to Led Zep when Chris and Jim [ from the Yardbirds] decided not to join.......and the rest is history..

Every time Led Zeppelin comes on my Sirius radio I switch to classic rewind, lithium or hair nation. My ears bleed whenever they be come on the radio

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Every time Led Zeppelin comes on my Sirius radio I switch to classic rewind, lithium or hair nation. My ears bleed whenever they be come on the radio

I was just shooting my mouth off on a subject dear to my heart: History of Rock n Roll

I did see the Yardbirds.

If you notice I relate everything to music and music history or WW2 But here is one for you......

Reactions: BernieParent

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I was just shooting my mouth off on a subject dear to my heart: History of Rock n Roll

I did see the Yardbirds.

If you notice I relate everything to music and music history or WW2 But here is one for you......

A fun concert memory was seeing this unknown (to us, at least) group named Guns 'n Roses open for Iron Maiden. Good times.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Owen McLaughlin (Phoenixville kid - which is where I live) is continuing to put points up. There’s a UND vs BU game on ESPN+, where he has a goal and an assist. He looked good. I don’t think he has elite offensive tools, but he plays smart and had plus hands.

Flying under the radar in the prospect pool with all of the forwards taken in the top three rounds the last three drafts but is looking solid in his sophomore season with the Sioux.

Has anyone seen him play this year? Two goals with seven assists in 10 games is a big bump from his first season.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Flying under the radar in the prospect pool with all of the forwards taken in the top three rounds the last three drafts but is looking solid in his sophomore season with the Sioux.

Has anyone seen him play this year? Two goals with seven assists in 10 games is a big bump from his first season.
There are 1 or 2 games of UND on ESPN+, and I've watched them. He looked good. Plays center at 5v5 and halfwall on the PP. Mature offensive game, not a playmaker or shooter. Very competent in both areas. Okay skater. He wasn't crazy flashy with his skill set, but did a lot of nice things. Smart player. I want to watch more of him.

I don't have enough watches to give much more than that. Here are a couple of twitter searches:

This last one is a really nice transition pass that leads to a goal

The last two are from one of the games on ESPN+

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He was just sitting there in the 4th round :facepalm:

My 7th D. Too bad we have York and Andrae.

There are 1 or 2 games of UND on ESPN+, and I've watched them. He looked good. Plays center at 5v5 and halfwall on the PP. Mature offensive game, not a playmaker or shooter. Very competent in both areas. Okay skater. He wasn't crazy flashy with his skill set, but did a lot of nice things. Smart player. I want to watch more of him.

I don't have enough watches to give much more than that. Here are a couple of twitter searches:

This last one is a really nice transition pass that leads to a goal

The last two are from one of the games on ESPN+

Fwiw, he was probably the most impressive non-Brink or Foerster prospect at the camp when I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Kosovo vs Cyprus
    Kosovo vs Cyprus
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $725.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lithuania vs Romania
    Lithuania vs Romania