Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If the Avs get a proper 2C, ie Lindholm, PLD, Backlund, Nelson, etc, what then?

Barbashev? Monahan? Drouin?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The stars have aligned, CMac is going to get the band back together. ROR and Pauly Walnuts are both free agents this summer. Nashville is holding Duchene and Barrie hostage, but we all want to trade Girard for the hell of it, so let's goo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the :sarcasm: wasn't necessary. If this was our off-season, I would laugh, really, really hard. Then I would probably quit watching hockey.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Say we do acquire PLD, has he already agreed to long-term or what are we signing him to?
For what it's worth, Dom's got PLD tagged with a 8.9M market value.

Screenshot-2023-04-03-at-12.54.50-PM.png

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
The Avs contending depended on a decent deadline. After the CMac horror show the team was done, there just wasn't enough depth to make a run at the cup.

The season IMO was determined in the off-season. Avs fell into the classic cup winner trap, emphasized keeping the band together versus realizing who was essential and who was a hired gun.

The Avs should have let Manson walk and prioritized Kadri if he would sign for anything short term. If not, Trochek at least. Keeping Manson and overpaying depth like Helm set the budget tone and led to the depth issues to start out the season that only got magnified.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
The stars have aligned, CMac is going to get the band back together. ROR and Pauly Walnuts are both free agents this summer. Nashville is holding Duchene and Barrie hostage, but we all want to trade Girard for the hell of it, so let's goo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the :sarcasm: wasn't necessary. If this was our off-season, I would laugh, really, really hard. Then I would probably quit watching hockey.
Just flip the trade,Give Pauly the 4c money, get retention on Duchene+Barrie for G+Newhook+3rd or something, sign ROR that deal Pauly signed with the blues.

Ha

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He's going to ask for the Horvat contract
He's got every right to do so. He's the better player.

Screenshot-2023-04-03-at-12.54.50-PM.png

PLD with Nuke/Lehk would be a great combo in my opinion. I just don't see how we can afford him unless we are resigned to losing Mikko in a couple of years. I really think if we want a 2C for longer than 2 years, he's going to have to come in sub 6M. Otherwise, I think we have to lose a forward or keep Landy on LTIR forever.

Reactions: Balthazar

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The season IMO was determined in the off-season. Avs fell into the classic cup winner trap, emphasized keeping the band together versus realizing who was essential and who was a hired gun.

The Avs should have let Manson walk and prioritized Kadri if he would sign for anything short term. If not, Trochek at least. Keeping Manson and overpaying depth like Helm set the budget tone and led to the depth issues to start out the season that only got magnified.
Yes! Helm et al isn't part of the core, especially older players.

But in the case of Manson. It kind of tells you how conflicted they were in acquiring him. In order to give up Hellickson, you must keep him right? Sunk cost fallacy at work. But to be fair, they used the same logic with acquiring Lehkonen and that now seems shrewd.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Out of curiosity, for those of us that didn't throw Manson under the bus the minute the contract was signed. Are we throwing him under the bus now, or are we going to wait and see how he does next season without being injured first?

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Out of curiosity, for those of us that didn't throw Manson under the bus the minute the contract was signed. Are we throwing him under the bus now, or are we going to wait and see how he does next season without being injured first?
Manson is still my boy until he proves otherwise. Being injured doesn't prove shit to me.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Go get a combo of Hayton mittelstadt Luostarinen Lundell roslovic pinto . Get a solid 3w Engvall heinen Kiviranta, kampf for the 4th to pair up with LOC. Get a good pairing for each forward line the fill the holes.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That took years... lots of luck too.
That doesn’t discredit him or the work he put in when it stalled the first time in the slightest.

And don’t think for a moment luck didn’t play a part in a bunch of other key hockey trades.

Manson is still my boy until he proves otherwise. Being injured doesn't prove shit to me.
Injury is precisely one reason of many that contract was a terrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad