Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
No, no. He's right when referring to me. I f***ing hated Graves. That dumbass really thought he was something special. Makar propped that infuriating puck hog up so much, that POS is now signed to one of the worst contracts in the NHL. I cheered for him when he was a bottom pairing guy. I was a naive idiot. He just became a shift killing moron.
Apparently it’s unreasonable of you to have those feelings and every time you mention Graves you must also mention the failure of our big 3 in that series.

• Haha
Reactions: sethro109

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
First, I'm making a general comment... not directly at you.

Second, I'm not in a position or don't care to be in a position to declare what it okay or not. Is it okay with you that I comment on what I'd call unreasonable hatred of a player?

Third, why don't people talk about MacKinnon, Rants, and Makar combining for 1 goal and 2 assists in games 3-5 in that series? It is always Graves screwed up, Grubi forgot how to play goalie, Bednar got significantly outcoached, etc (all of which play into it)... but those 3 are expected to carry the team and frankly didn't show up nearly enough in that series.
Comment how you’d like.

Both can be true that Graves made a mistake and the big 3 underperformed. In a conversation about the play Graves made, you commented as though it’s hilariously off base to be angry at Graves and Grubi for that series. It’s just strange to judge how others feel about the outcome of a play or series. YOU may feel a certain way, doesn’t mean others have to as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Comment how you’d like.

Both can be true that Graves made a mistake and the big 3 underperformed. In a conversation about the play Graves made, you commented as though it’s hilariously off base to be angry at Graves and Grubi for that series. It’s just strange to judge how others feel about the outcome of a play or series. YOU may feel a certain way, doesn’t mean others have to as well.
I've clearly hit a nerve with you....

I stated in the post you just quoted that Graves and Grubi played a role in losing that series. So clearly I think both are true.

It seems you want to misrepresent my posting, so to be clear... I don't care what people post or think. I will say I think that the overwhelming hatred of Graves and Grubi is offbase. Today, they've become scapegoats for the failure. They had their own roles in it most certainly, but they were not the main contributors. They've been on other teams for years, and there is still a deep hatred of both of them. To the point that some cannot acknowledge when they play well or their good points. It isn't even a playful hatred like Duchene.

Reactions: lionsDen

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg

I stated in the post you just quoted that Graves and Grubi played a role in losing that series. So clearly I think both are true.

It seems you want to misrepresent my posting, so to be clear... I don't care what people post or think. I will say I think that the overwhelming hatred of Graves and Grubi is offbase. Today, they've become scapegoats for the failure. They had their own roles in it most certainly, but they were not the main contributors. They've been on other teams for years, and there is still a deep hatred of both of them. To the point that some cannot acknowledge when they play well or their good points. It isn't even a playful hatred like Duchene.
It’s all good over here.

I respect your opinion even if I disagree with some of it. I’m not trying to misrepresent your post or anything, I was just generally confused about your initial comment about the Graves and Grubi hate as though people are wrong or off base for feeling a certain way.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Apparently it’s unreasonable of you to have those feelings and every time you mention Graves you must also mention the failure of our big 3 in that series.
I think more so than the big 3, that year's failure stemmed more from our coaching staff. Bednar was a stubborn idiot and our special teams coaches were completely lost. Both our PK and PP were complete failures in that series. It was a failed PK or PP that always led to the momentum being shifted in their favor.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Took me a second to realize what y'all are arguing about. Something that happened THREE YEARS AGO. C'mon, man.

See, this is exactly why Tatar needs to get signed already. Give us something real to talk (complain) about.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Took me a second to realize what y'all are arguing about. Something that happened THREE YEARS AGO. C'mon on.

See, this is exactly why Tatar needs to get signed already. Give us something real to talk (complain) about.
I don't think Tatar will get us the clicks needed... Poolparty though, pages and pages and pages of content.

Reactions: Avs_19

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

IMO, the Avs lost that Vegas series for pretty much the exact same reason(s) they just lost the Seattle series:

- The opposition’s forecheck pounded the Avs into dust.
- The goaltenders let in some untimely easy goals.
- No viable 2C.

I acknowledge that against Seattle, MacKinnon and Rantanen showed up.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Took me a second to realize what y'all are arguing about. Something that happened THREE YEARS AGO. C'mon on, man.

The board is either the failures of 3 years ago or how the avs will be scraping the bottom of the league in 3 years because of the cap.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Graves' face always annoyed me much more than his unwarranted sense of belief in his own ability.

• Haha
Reactions: 5280

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
The Grubauer hate is mostly because of the shit he talked after leaving about how the Avs window had closed. He must have read HF.

Georgiev got some criticsm for the soft goals he let in. Expectations were different for that team though with the injuries and Val gone, and his goals weren't part of a highly disappointing series collapse.

He also didn't demand a big contract afterwards and then leave and talk shit.
Kuemper was not really better than Grubi but a much more enjoyable guy to root for and I'm sure a teammate that the guys wanted to play for because he didn't deflect blame.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Kuemper was not really better than Grubi but a much more enjoyable guy to root for and I'm sure a teammate that the guys wanted to play for because he didn't deflect blame.

I think that’s a huge understatement. Kuemper put up the worst performance by a cup winning goalie in over 15 years, and by some metrics, the worst run since the late 80’s. He was unfathomably bad. People cry about the Holden goal, but Kuemper gave up a couple garbage goals in 2022 that were leagues worst.

The cup win also mask over the fact that the Avs way overpaid for what ended up being a replacement level goalie in the playoffs.

Reactions: The Moops

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The amount of hate people put on Graves and Grubi is unreal. :laugh:
Both can be right no? Graves was an NHL-level defender and is quite serviceable, but his IQ and field of vision are what originally prevented him from making the NHL with the Rags. With Grubauer, I think a lot of people are still quite butthurt at his German-ish comments about nobody scoring for him, but he was widely inconsistent here at the same time. I still would have much preferred to win the Cup with Grubs in the net than Kuemper.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Both can be right no? Graves was an NHL-level defender and is quite serviceable, but his IQ and field of vision are what originally prevented him from making the NHL with the Rags. With Grubauer, I think a lot of people are still quite butthurt at his German-ish comments about nobody scoring for him, but he was widely inconsistent here at the same time. I still would have much preferred to win the Cup with Grubs in the net than Kuemper.
I’ve said quite a bit they aren’t perfect and have blame in that series specifically. But people scapegoat both of them hard. Graves is a legit middle pairing defender and Grubi is an inconsistent goalie, but can be very good at times. I do think his direct comments play a role and simply replacing a fan favorite.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Is it okay with you if people are mad about a specific play in which Graves very clearly made the wrong decision?

Didn’t mention anything about his tenure with the Avs, we are referencing one single play. I’m not putting hate on him. It’s expressing emotions that were felt at the time which is a completely normal thing for fans to do.
No. I hated Graves from his second year onward. Grubauer I hated while he was still in Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad