Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I want the Sens to do good, however, that club has two problems and one of them is awful goaltending. Forsberg isn't that good and Korpisalo showed that he's more inconsistent than an eight-year-old going to Toys-r-us for the first time. The other problem is that team has zero defensive ability from the forward group. I don't think the defensive core is that terrible at all, maybe everyone is playing a level above where they should be on the right side. However, this team will leak goals simply because of the cluelessness that will take place with the forwards. Nobody on that first line plays defence, the second line is probably their best defensive line, the third line is zero defensive ability whatsoever, and the fourth line is Joseph with a bunch of junk.
IMG_1376.gif

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Don't get it? This is around the egoist phase of children where going to Toys-r-us for the first time is like giving Valley Girl a shopping spree at Harrods. Nobody would know what to buy because of how amazing everything is.
No, I was confused because there is no more Toys r us:sarcasm:

At least not here in Los Angeles

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Or sign Patty Kane for 1 year @ 5m and trade Girard to Ottawa for Detroit's 2024 1st, D- Jacob Bernard- Docker and D- Tomas Hamara

Lehkonen- Mackinnon- Kane
Drouin- Johansen- Rantanen
Wood- Colton- Nichushkin
O'Connor- Cogliano- Kovalenko

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
JJ - Bernard-Docker

Georgiev
Francouz

Defensemen in the pipeline:

Sean Behrens
Tomas Hamara
Mikhail Gulyayev

Reactions: Dominance and Linds

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Girard
Hamonic - Zub

That's why
lefty - lefty
lefty - lefty
righty - righty

Yea that's just not how it works in the NHL. Ottawa is loaded with good LD but lacks a top pairing RD. Handedness matters. They don't want Girard.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wonder what changed with Tarasenko and how his new agents got it done. The rumour was he was signing a 3.5-4 mill deal with the Canes before changing agents. He then gets 5 from the Sens, who were bidding against….themselves? I don’t think the Canes could go that high for him.

Solid for the Sens and a really good deal for Tarasenko in this market. He gets a full NTC too so he holds all the cards if/when the Sens are ready to deal at the TDL.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wonder what changed with Tarasenko and how his new agents got it done. The rumour was he was signing a 3.5-4 mill deal with the Canes before changing agents. He then gets 5 from the Sens, who were bidding against….themselves? I don’t think the Canes could go that high for him.

Solid for the Sens and a really good deal for Tarasenko in this market. He gets a full NTC too so he holds all the cards if/when the Sens are ready to deal at the TDL.
He received an offer from Carolina, San Jose and Ottawa.

On a 1 year deal Ottawa makes the most sense.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I think he Klingberged himself

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Don't get it? This is around the egoist phase of children where going to Toys-r-us for the first time is like giving Valley Girl a shopping spree at Harrods. Nobody would know what to buy because of how amazing everything is.
What is a Valley Girl doing at Harrods? Did they give her a plane ticket with the shopping spree?

• Haha

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What is a Valley Girl doing at Harrods? Did they give her a plane ticket with the shopping spree?
A billionaire’s side thang.

He received an offer from Carolina, San Jose and Ottawa.

On a 1 year deal Ottawa makes the most sense.
Not trying to argue at all, but curious why you think him going to Ottawa is better than him going to Carolina?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think he Klingberged himself

Classic thought he'd get a better offer, didn't get one, fired his agent.

Canadian teams never land free agents tho
Yea a Russian on a 1 year last resort deal. :laugh:

Not trying to argue at all, but curious why you think him going to Ottawa is better than him going to Carolina?
I think he will have the opportunity to put up better numbers, also the AAV in Ottawa was higher (3.5M vs 5M).

Before firing his agent he turned down a 6M X 3 offer from the Isles.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The G hate here is hilarious to me. Because everyone here says he’s awful and useless but then tries to trade him for Batherson, Necas, multiple 1sts, etc.
It reminds me of the Habs fans internal hatred of Ryder and Halak, but also then believing that Ryder, Halak and a 2nd was the most valuable package of assets in the league.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It reminds me of the Habs fans internal hatred of Ryder and Halak, but also then believing that Ryder, Halak and a 2nd was the most valuable package of assets in the league.
Or the classic Bozak + 2nd

G has value, but it has to be to the right teams. Many teams have a pretty strong size bias and defensemen of his stature are simply harder to move. This isn't helped by showings G has had in the playoffs. So even if he is really a similar caliber player (IMO) to Spurgeon, he's got a tad less value. Seen more as a good middle pairing puck mover who isn't going to be a driver in the playoffs. Which means you're really trying to thread the needle on teams wanting him. Contenders won't pay up in a hockey trade as G is unlikely a needle mover. The mid level teams need to not have a strong bias against small defensemen. The low level teams also need to not have that bias and have players the Avs desire to fill out the lineup.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad