Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
It’s not either Toews either Rantanen. What do you say then in one year ? You would get the same problem. To me it’s either Toews, or Girard, not or Rantanen. Easy choice

Exactly this.

Sign Toews 8x 8.5
Sign Rantanen 8x 12.5
Sign Byram 8x 7.5
Sign Georgiev 5x 5

2025/26
Salary cap- 92,000,000

Mackinnon 12,600,000
Rantanen 12,500,000
Nichushkin 6,125,000
Lehkonen 4,500,000
Colton 4,000,000
Wood 2,500,000

Makar 9,000,000
Toews 8,500,000
Byram 7,500,000
Manson 4,500,000

Georgiev 5,000,000

We would still have 15,275,000 in space to round out the roster with our core guys all signed long term. Elite guys signed long term. It would be tricky if Landeskog came back though but a guy like Manson could be moved.

And we would have some nice future pieces by trading Girard. Maybe get a young center and a 1st or something.

And prospects like center Calum Ritchie and dman Mikhail Gulyayev in the pipeline.

2025/26
$15,250,000 cap space minus:

#3C- Foudy 950k
3RW- Kovalenko 950k
4LW- Resign O'Connor 1.5m
4RW- 950k
4C- Center from Girard trade 950k
#5D- Behrens 950k
#6D- 950k
#2G- 950k

$100k in space so even in this scenario Landeskog would fit under. Manson's 4.5m could be moved too.

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Nichushkin
Lehkonen- Colton- Rantanen
Wood- Foudy- Kovalenko
O'Connor- Girard trade - 950k

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Behrens - 950K

Georgiev

I mean this isn't exact of course but it's easily doable to resign Toews, Rantanen, Byram and Georgiev longterm and still have a dominant roster full of superstars.

Last edited:

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
It definitely feels like they are going to give some of the young guys a chance. Seems like less than a coincidence that the FAs they brought in last year like Pavel, Polin and Malinski will have a chance to catch on with no one established in those spots. Might have even part of the initial sell that they would at least get a chance similar to Meyers last year.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Those who are saying Avs haven’t done enough this offseason, just think about it. They lost to Seattle but every game they lost was pretty much a one goal game. The Avs defended just fine, but couldn’t get that one or two more goals because no one other than Mikko and MacK could score. Lehky and ERod were ok, they also produced. The Avs don’t need too much. What they got in Drouin,RyJo, Colton and Wood should be enough to score that one or two more goals and provide the depth scoring. The D and goaltending is gonna be the same and solid.

So what I’m saying is, we’re gonna be fine. The roster isn’t even finalized yet

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Those who are saying Avs haven’t done enough this offseason, just think about it. They lost to Seattle but every game they lost was pretty much a one goal game. The Avs defended just fine, but couldn’t get that one or two more goals because no one other than Mikko and MacK could score. Lehky and ERod were ok, they also produced. The Avs don’t need too much. What they got in Drouin,RyJo, Colton and Wood should be enough to score that one or two more goals and provide the depth scoring. The D and goaltending is gonna be the same and solid.

...and Nichushkin.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Chet:

1690150916585.jpeg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Semi-serious question. How good of a player is sober Nuke?

I have no idea the true extent of his injuries or how even how much or what he was using. But assuming his sobriety holds, is he going to playing through pain or should his injuries all be completely healed and it's more of a mental thing?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If we don't add another NHL dman there will be games with JJ, MacDermid and Hunt all in the lineup at the same time.

We're only two injuries away from this, which will happen.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
If we don't add another NHL dman there will be games with JJ, MacDermid and Hunt all in the lineup at the same time.

We're only two injuries away from this, which will happen.
Yes, but so is almost every other team if they lose two top 4 d men

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Honestly, I don’t understand why the Avs keep him on their roster

You would understand if you played hockey and to know a guy has your back to police the game so meat heads can't run around taking liberties with the star players.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Just sign Tatar already so we can do some proper mock line-ups.
No.

I don’t think this management group would sign him. He’s not a playoff standout and generally most teams that he’s played for don’t want him back ALA us and compher

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Aren’t we aiming higher than beating Seattle in the first round? I’d feel a lot better with 6/7 D and another F who can PK. Even better if they were a C.

Hopefully CMac isn’t just hoping adding Kovalenko in March will be enough to put us over the top.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
You would understand if you played hockey and to know a guy has your back to police the game so meat heads can't run around taking liberties with the star players.

Yeah I know, I’m president of a hockey club, but here the guys able to do the dirty work can also play hockey, and without beeing able to be on the ice on a regular shift, these goons just are useless sorry

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Yeah I know, I’m president of a hockey club, but here the guys able to do the dirty work can also play hockey, and without beeing able to be on the ice on a regular shift, these goons just are useless sorry

Yes. You are right.

Thats why a prime Lucic or even guys like Tom Wilson and Landeskog are so valuable.

They can be the enforcers but also play top line minutes and score 25 a year. Sadly, those guys are a dime a dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad