2023-2024 Playoff Tracker - updated after each DET game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Think Kane signed here for the potential of the team this year and going forward and likely the training staff and facilities. Coming off that surgery likely he wanted the best of the best and has had nothing but good comments about how they have treated him. He likely wants to play a few more years so let's hope other factors besides the on ice product help him feel comfortable sticking around.
That makes a lot of sense. If he stays in Detroit, then yeah, I guess you'd be correct!

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
At day's end, they won't be built like the Bolts. Their D will be their strength.
I agree that they have infested significant draft capital into defense, and that so far development is encouraging. That's not the same as knowing that they'll have 3 pairs of NHL defensemen good enough that defense is the strength of the team.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I agree that they have infested significant draft capital into defense, and that so far development is encouraging. That's not the same as knowing that they'll have 3 pairs of NHL defensemen good enough that defense is the strength of the team.
Of course not. You never know until it is done. The same was true with the Bolts. I bet if you pull up their threads from that 6 year drought is was the same type of discussion.

In regards to the D we know Mo is a #1 NHL level defensemen. We don't know he is Hedman.

We have all seen what Simon has done playing big minutes in the toughest hockey the Wings have payed in years. I don't know, but I contend, his early play is so strong he'll rival Mo within two years.

We now Raymond has more points than Kucherhov did at the same age. number of games.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Of course not. You never know until it is done. The same was true with the Bolts. I bet if you pull up their threads from that 6 year drought is was the same type of discussion.

In regards to the D we know Mo is a #1 NHL level defensemen. We don't know he is Hedman.

We have all seen what Simon has done playing big minutes in the toughest hockey the Wings have payed in years. I don't know, but I contend, his early play is so strong he'll rival Mo within two years.

We now Raymond has more points than Kucherhov did at the same age. number of games.
I can be excited for how Seider and Edvinsson have started their careers, and still not believe either will ever be studs.

I can say Raymond has been fantastic this year, and still not think he will ever approach Kucherov status.

I can be glad Detroit has lots of players that either are or are on their way to becoming good / very good, but still say there's no evidence of a single elite guy anywhere in their system.

If anything, the Wings are on track to be something like Nashville was back in the day: a first or second round exit with very good defense and two-way play, but not enough overall talent to ever get over the hump.

Reactions: DamonDRW

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
I think if they miss, Lalonde is gone..With contracts being up Yzerman is going to lose players when he could of used the deadline to gain assets. Seems very uncharacteristic of him unless he thought they'd be in the playoffs.
I think SY was trying to dump a D-Man or 2 at the TDL, but the return for anyone other than Kane was likely squat, so better to let the guys go for it, the placeholders did their jobs as they are still playing meaningful games as of April 13...would be better to make the dance, but SY usually tries to extend UFAs early if he wants them around for a while.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Sorry I forgot to put? mark

lionel-hutz-business-card-the-simpsons.png

Reactions: Astyanax

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What's the tiebreaker between us and Capitals? It's not Wins?

In this instance, it's the RW column (regulation wins) that has the Caps winning the tiebreaker. Full breakdown is pasted below for your convenience.

-------

Tie-Breaking Procedure​

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:
  1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., 'Regulation Wins'). This figure is reflected in the RW column.
  3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e., 'Total Wins'). This figure is reflected in the W column.
  5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the 'odd game') shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any 'odd games') shall be used to determine standing.
  6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
  7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.
NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad