NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
giphy.gif

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The sour grapes about Florida getting “preferential treatment” should be beneath us. If the league wanted to make money there’s plenty of other teams they could be slobbering on.

Literally won the cup playing a style the Bruins used to be known for.

My how times have changed.
The refs were really pro Edmonton tonight. The Tkachuk trip call was embarrassing and the high stick in the third should've been 4 minutes.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
…..good to see that the HF servers haven’t imploded yet due to the McDavid/Conn Smythe decision.

Jerry West and Chuck Howley are smiling, I’m sure…

Reactions: rfournier103

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Skinner gives up a cream puff for the GWG. One of the worst game 7 results ever. I would have rather seen Ullmark go to Edmonton than Ottawa. Shit day
And people wonder why I drink 😂

Edmonton had to score first to win. Florida is like NJ in the 90’s get the lead and push them to the outside.

With that June 24th is a stupid time to end the season. This thing needs to end around June 1st. Nuts

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
And people wonder why I drink 😂

Edmonton had to score first to win. Florida is like NJ in the 90’s get the lead and push them to the outside.

With that June 24th is a stupid time to end the season. This thing needs to end around June 1st. Nuts
Oh yeah, about 5 deep now myself lol..I've been saying that for a couple weeks now, wtf is with the season going to the end of June stuff? It always used to be wrapped up by June 6-10th or so. Even that is too late. I would prefer May 24th to June 24th to be honest

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Oh yeah, about 5 deep now myself lol..I've been saying that for a couple weeks now, wtf is with the season going to the end of June stuff? It always used to be wrapped up by June 6-10th or so. Even that is too late. I would prefer May 24th to June 24th to be honest
And to be fair I would say the same thing if it was the Bruins. First week of June as you say. This is also why the Ullmark trade happened today too. I’ll bet Sweeney had to get it done to move on as the draft is right around the corner. Pathetic way to run a sports league

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Florida played Edmonton like they played us all series. Forecheck the hell out of them and keep it simple by shooting everything on net. Actually, I think Boston played better vs Florida than Edmonton did tonight, minus all the too many men penalties though. Mcdavid sucked tonight, Leon was much better. But goes to show, even the top 2 centers in the NHL didn’t make a difference vs the panthers.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Florida played Edmonton like they played us all series. Forecheck the hell out of them and keep it simple by shooting everything on net. Actually, I think Boston played better vs Florida than Edmonton did tonight, minus all the too many men penalties though. Mcdavid sucked tonight, Leon was much better. But goes to show, even the top 2 centers in the NHL didn’t make a difference vs the panthers.
A silver lining is that we will not have to tolerate an entire year of McDavid b-washing by the media that would have resulted from an Oiler win. Still, for me, that would be preferable to a Florida win.

Reactions: Shoebottom88

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Random thoughts:

Teary-eyed Keith Tkachuk singing along with Kool & the Gang's Celebration was glorious.

Seeing Brady Tkachuk happy for his brother was touching; though he's also celebrating now having a Vezina-winning goalie.

I learned about the trade via the blurb across the bottom of the screen; I thought prices were higher trading within the division, but Sweeney disproved that.

Maybe they're just growing on me, but I like Messier and Subban. They could possibly build a chemistry akin to Ron MacLean and Don Cherry, with PK being Grapes, and Messier his straight man.

I'm OK with McDavid getting the Conne Smythe, though I would've been fine with a Panther winning it after he went cold in the last two.

Having just averted a tropical storm, I was worried when I walked outside after game to heavy winds. Turns out it was just Jay Woodcroft exhaling.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Come on man, the difference between Bob and Lyon is much more than Swayman and Ullmark.
Ok man...but Bob didn't really get hot until AFTER the Bruins series

IMO the B's lost that series mostly due to THEIR goaltending, not Florida's goaltending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad