NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
That is what I thought!

I hope you had fun even though the Oilers lost.
We had a blast!! Every moment of our day and night yesterday was amazing. Longer post coming later. Got back to the hotel at 1:15 am and set the alarm for 4:15 to catch our 6 am flight. Got home around 10:30 and I'm at my desk. So I'm not exactly at peak performance today :D

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Oh yeah, about 5 deep now myself lol..I've been saying that for a couple weeks now, wtf is with the season going to the end of June stuff? It always used to be wrapped up by June 6-10th or so. Even that is too late. I would prefer May 24th to June 24th to be honest
66 days it went I think

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Drake curse stands. He bet $500,000 on the Oilers before the Final started. Maybe Shania is a curse too. In 2011, our PM (Harper) named his new pet cat Stanley prior to the series, that worked out very well for us.

I never want Celine Dion to step foot in the Bruins' locker room ever again. I'm not a fan of any celebrities getting in there unless they are former Bruins.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
The Drake curse stands. He bet $500,000 on the Oilers before the Final started. Maybe Shania is a curse too. In 2011, our PM (Harper) named his new pet cat Stanley prior to the series, that worked out very well for us.

I never want Celine Dion to step foot in the Bruins' locker room ever again. I'm not a fan of any celebrities getting in there unless they are former Bruins.
Harper was even in attendance at game 4 in Boston. He was probably thinking it was going to be sweep when the tickets were purchased.

Reactions: caz16

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Skinner gives up a cream puff for the GWG. One of the worst game 7 results ever.
I mean, it was a dude who has scored 67 goals this season/playoff coming down the wing with all the time in the world to pick a spot.

Tough to blame the goaltender when you've got the best offensive player alive, and another dude who regularly puts up 50, and you only manage to score one goal. 🤔

Reactions: Aeroforce

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Hard to believe what I'm reading here........some of you actually watched the post game stuff? The second the clock hit 0:00 I turned the channel, who the hell wants to watch those scumbags celebrate?
I just like seeing the Cup.

It always puts a smile on my face. 2019 was the only time in the last 40/45ish(?) years that I can recall purposely not watching.

Reactions: MustardStew

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Skinner gives up a cream puff for the GWG. One of the worst game 7 results ever. I would have rather seen Ullmark go to Edmonton than Ottawa. Shit day
A save he could have made, but another example of bad Oiler defense letting Reinhart literally skate from his own zone all the way to the circle (3on4) to snipe one.
1719341297206.png

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I meant him mostly bye himself,I don’t think you meant that did you.I didn’t watch much of the series,but seemed like Edmonton spent a lot more time in Florida’s end then the Bruins did.
Sway was great no doubt but boy if we could have put a few of the many breakaways on the board maybe we get to 7

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Its mesmerizing the Oilers went that far with that corp of defence.
Horrible would be a complimentary word.
Zero physicality, giveaway after giveaway and backing up, backing up, backing up....

The quality of hockey was good. Not great, just good.
It did prove one thing, clutching, punching in the face, diving and hitting everything that moves wins championships.

Reactions: lextune

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
I didn’t watch much of the series,but seemed like Edmonton spent a lot more time in Florida’s end then the Bruins did.
For three games they did.

In hindsight it was just Florida tensing up once the Cup was in the building.

As soon as everything was on the line for both teams in game 7, the game 2 & 3 Panthers were back. (Game 1 was wonky for both teams after a too long layoff).

The game 2, 3, and 7 Florida team was the same heavy forechecking team we battled. They were less dirty in the Finals though, we probably beat them if they don't take out Marchand imo.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I posted this in the OT thread by mistake, I meant to put it here, so copied and pasted because it seems so odd:

Interesting story on our local news just now (CTV Kitchener) about Lorentz. His parents went to games 4, 5 and 6. His father said the Panthers organization told them not to be around for game 7 because it was a distraction so they had to leave and watch the game from home. His Dad was breaking down talking about it. He is a very proud father and it must have felt awful to be sent home. I wonder if they did that to all families?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I posted this in the OT thread by mistake, I meant to put it here, so copied and pasted because it seems so odd:

Interesting story on our local news just now (CTV Kitchener) about Lorentz. His parents went to games 4, 5 and 6. His father said the Panthers organization told them not to be around for game 7 because it was a distraction so they had to leave and watch the game from home. His Dad was breaking down talking about it. He is a very proud father and it must have felt awful to be sent home. I wonder if they did that to all families?
Didn’t do it to the Tkachuks

Reactions: caz16

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I just like seeing the Cup.

It always puts a smile on my face. 2019 was the only time in the last 40/45ish(?) years that I can recall purposely not watching.
I've watched the Stanley Cup celebration every year for at least 30 years (at least going back to 1993 after the SportsChannel error - I mean, era - ended).

The only time I didn't was 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad