NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
So when the Panthers wrap this up on Saturday, who's getting the Conn Smythe?

Going into this series I'd have given it to Barkov without even thinking twice but Bobrovsky has been as close to unbeatable as you can get this series. Have to think he'll be getting some votes.

Barkov, Forsling or Bob. All been excellent, all deserving. Splitting hairs as to which one ultimately gets the nod.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
the longer these playoffs go, the more it feels like Boston was the second best in the nhl

The gap, as we saw, is gigantic
Last year the Bruins were the only eastern team to beat Florida more than once in the playoffs

This year, the only team to beat them twice along with NYR. Edmonton looks to be getting swept, so that will likely include the final. I'm starting to sound like a Leafs fan 😔

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Only question I have left is whether it goes 4 or 5

Edm. is loose in its own end and the Panthers know how to capitalize. Not a particularly fun series to watch but Fla. is focused on playing its structured game until they raise the Cup

the Conn Smythe goes to Bob

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So will the Florida Panthers have an Airboat Parade in the Everglades?

1718335226139.png

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
But....but....but....McDavid! Draisaitl! Power play!!

Oh wait.... where have they been this series....

McDavid has 3 apples in 3 games which is still something, even if it's below his usual very high standards. The rest have been invisible. But it was the same with Tampa, us and the Rags - the Panthers are excellent at shutting down the opposing team's stars while their top guys still find the space and opportunities to rack up the points. Been incredibly good in that regard, and very consistent.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
For the Final series with the greatest distance between locations, only one trip may be necessary.

I'm disappointed, as I wanted to watch at least a couple more games.

Edmonton's PP faltering is one factor. They actually look OK, and get some solid looks. But either Bobrovsky makes a stellar save, the shot gets blocked, or misses the net.

It's not quite a role reversal of the ECF, but similar. Florida more or less dominated the Rangers, but Shesterkin made it a series.

Edmonton isn't dominating Florida, but they are out-shooting them and spending considerably more time in the offensive zone; but Bobrovsky is the difference, and he did steal Game One.

Florida's lack of depth on D finally caught up to them last year, and it's the same with Edmonton this year.

Some production notes: PK Subban's analysis has gotten stronger, especially his breakdown of Edmonton's defensive lapses. Fleetwood Mac is much more suitable bumper music than Maroon 5. Emily Kaplan's new hair color looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad