NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Stupid me…..

Still, makes me realize how much I hate the modern age sometimes.

Sucks to always be suspicious whenever something even remotely unique “happens”.

It’s like one long paused goal celebration while we wait for some guy in a basement arena room to microanalyze whether the toe of a skate was on blue paint or not.

I miss the days when I could believe what I saw and read, and that people faced consequences when they’d get caught in a lie. Now we just seem to have people who just live to make shit up. Why? Who the f*** knows.

Watching Beavis and Butthead was funny at times. Being Beavis and Butthead is a sign that you’ll be living in a shed soon because no decent employer wants a moron troll on their payroll.
I hear all of this.

Reactions: Number8

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
The Panthers are like the Borg Collective .All for the common goal. Enough high end talent to score , punishing checkers and great goaltending . They have so far neutralized Kucherov , Pasta ,Panerin ,McDavid among others .
Hate them but damn they are a buzz saw .
I don't hate FLA at all.

In fact, I would be delighted if my Boston Bruins played that style, with that tenacity, that intimidation.

Are they dirty? Certainly. But no one complained around here in 2011, and in the years leading up to the championship, about the Boston Bruins being dirty.

Most people loved it. I was one of them.

The Bruins we have today are not even a faint echo of the Chiarelli teams.

Nearly 10 years into Sweeney's tenure, the Boston Bruins remain in search of an identity. And a backbone.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Yes between Ekblad making Bouchard tap out and lomberg trying to choke out TFred at the bottom of a scrum in last years playoffs, the Panthers are bringing a new meaning to cheap shot artist and just being down right dirty!
All teams in this league have players who have the ability to be downright assholes .
What's apparent though is teams who are coached to take liberties.
I do not recall Eckman- Larson to be that type of player. Under Maurice....he is now.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

For the life of me I cant figure out how a group of grown adults cant just pick and name and go with it... is a 10 month think tank really necessary?

Nice jerseys. Not particularly exciting, but solid. Only thing I'll miss about the Coyotes are their uniforms. They were always on point and unique compared to anything else in the league.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nice jerseys. Not particularly exciting, but solid. Only thing I'll miss about the Coyotes are their uniforms. They were always on point and unique compared to anything else in the league.

Smart call on the colour scheme. Basically the same as the Maine Black Bears just slightly darker which to me is one of the best hockey jersey colour schemes ever.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
old Pens colors. Love it. Never understood why they changed. I get it, to align with the steelers and Bucs.

whoops wrong post.

And, of course, Harry bitched about it at the time.

I must say, "powder blue" does not incite fear. Soft f***ers through most of their history.

Then it's Tank For Mario, JJ, Ulfie and some great teams I HATED.

At least Ron Francis, one of the classiest players to ever don an NHL jersey, won his Cup,

Ron Francis - Wikipedia

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Lol i love the sarcastic Paul Maurice wave

why cant nhl games ever start on effin time?
Seriously. I had the Sox game on and switched cuz I figured the hockey game had to have started by now.

why cant nhl games ever start on effin time?
Seriously. I had the Sox game on and switched cuz I figured the hockey game had to have started by now.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
What in the world was Calgary thinking when they traded Bennett to Florida, talk about a heat seeking missile who can produce offensively, the type of guy perfectly suited to excel in the playoffs. If he played for the Bruins he would be loved here.

Reactions: Terrier

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
What in the world was Calgary thinking when they traded Bennett to Florida, talk about a heat seeking missile who can produce offensively, the type of guy perfectly suited to excel in the playoffs. If he played for the Bruins he would be loved here.
The Sam Bennett that played for Calgary is not the same Sam Bennett that is playing for Florida right now. Bennett in Calgary was frequently criticized for lazy, disinterested play. Since getting traded to Florida, he has been much more engaged and subsequently has blossomed into an impact player (that is very easy to hate lol). One of those cases where a player just needed a change of scenery to thrive I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad