NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Florida is just too well built a team, great coach, balanced offense, built for the playoffs and shrewd/lucky moves on defense. that Tkachuk trade will go down alongside the espo trade if the panthers win 2 or 3 cups.

bruins hold one of four leads between game 6/7 or Pittsburgh beats chicago? Bruins probably win the cup and bergy rides off into the sunset.

thats life.

Not with #37 having a slipped disk. Bruins couldn't beat Florida with Mahura, Staal
Lyon and Fitzfera!D playing never mind Vegas.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Not true, Boston was outscored 10-0 over 4 periods in G3\4. NYR worse stretch was
6-1, had a 2-1 series lead and took Florida to OT. Just no way you can say this.

Actually you can, by everyone's account the Rangers were soundly outplayed in all but one game, only their goalie kept the scores close. The Bruins were full marks for their 2 wins and if not for some horrific officiating were in position to win game 4. Furthermore the Boston-Florida series was the most physical series of the entire playoffs. Just because the Bruins were blown out in 2 games dosen't negate the fact that the Bruins were an overall tougher out then the Rangers.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Actually you can, by everyone's account the Rangers were soundly outplayed in all but one game, only their goalie kept the scores close. The Bruins were full marks for their 2 wins and if not for some horrific officiating were in position to win game 4. Furthermore the Boston-Florida series was the most physical series of the entire playoffs. Just because the Bruins were blown out in 2 games dosen't negate the fact that the Bruins were an overall tougher out then the Rangers.
Last two years in the playoffs against the Panthers
Vegas is 4 and 1
Boston is 5 and 8
The rest of the league is 4 and 19

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Bruins were badly outplayed by Florida with the exception of G1. Even G5 Boston relied on Swayman to win the game. You can't ignore the 10-0 in G2\3, that was hideous and worse than anything NY showed negatively.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Wouldn't surprise me if the kid's parents are behind it, they are just building his brand, and one day he'll be a social media " influencer." ;)

I actually dig the Panthers. If that exact team played in Boston, they'd be among the most popular Bruins squads ever. I'll duck and run! ;)
Everything but dirtiness, head snapping, and fake toughness. But in terms of their speed, physicality, and relentlessness, yup. Our big bad Bruins teams were never this fast and this unrelenting or we would have had 3 Cups, at least.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Guess he never watched a Boston game from 2003 to 2023
Wayne Gretzky was an awesome player of course, but he's about as charming as a bag full of dog shit left on your front doorstep.

You can argue Orr / Gretzky on the ice all you want and make points pro con for both. But off the ice? One appears completely humble and approachable. The other one? Not so much.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Also Boston was life and death with a degraded Leafs team, needing Swayman to bail them out again. NYR swept their first round opponent and beat Carolina, who was absolutely better than a degraded Toronto into in 6. Rangers ended up 10-6 in the PO
while Boston ended up 6-7. The facts clearly don't back you up.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
I don't hate FLA at all.

In fact, I would be delighted if my Boston Bruins played that style, with that tenacity, that intimidation.

Are they dirty? Certainly. But no one complained around here in 2011, and in the years leading up to the championship, about the Boston Bruins being dirty.

Most people loved it. I was one of them.

The Bruins we have today are not even a faint echo of the Chiarelli teams.

Nearly 10 years into Sweeney's tenure, the Boston Bruins remain in search of an identity. And a backbone.
They weren’t dirty. They were big, tough, physical, mean, could hit and could, and would, fight, all of which is firmly within the rules. They also didn’t dive, snap their heads back or turtle. There’s a difference between being a big, tough, physical hockey player and being a dirty little puke. That said, yes, be more like the Panthers going-forward, please, minus the pukey part.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
They weren’t dirty. They were big, tough, physical, mean, could hit and could, and would, fight, all of which is firmly within the rules. They also didn’t dive, snap their heads back or turtle. There’s a difference between being a big, tough, physical hockey player and being a dirty little puke. That said, yes, be more like the Panthers going-forward, please, minus the pukey part.

The 2011 Bruins weren't dirty?

Not all of them, but Milan Lucic was a dirty hockey player. He would crosscheck you in the face, spear you in the nads, or punch you when you weren't looking, and not think twice about it. And I loved it about him.

Brad Marchand's submarining of Sedin in the finals was filthy, the only redeeming thing about it was he came up with the gloves off. His cheap shot on Ballard just before that is only forgotten because of the move on Sedin. And the infamous punches to the face of a guy who had all the physicality of a wet noodle was a rat move if I ever saw one.

Hell, their 4th line beat the ever living shit out of a line on the Habs, and they didn't care that the line probably had 2 total career fights between the 5 of them.

That team was dirty, they were bullies, they ran roughshod over their opponents, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

And what kept the Bruins close?

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The 2011 Bruins weren't dirty?

Not all of them, but Milan Lucic was a dirty hockey player. He would crosscheck you in the face, spear you in the nads, or punch you when you weren't looking, and not think twice about it. And I loved it about him.

Brad Marchand's submarining of Sedin in the finals was filthy, the only redeeming thing about it was he came up with the gloves off. His cheap shot on Ballard just before that is only forgotten because of the move on Sedin. And the infamous punches to the face of a guy who had all the physicality of a wet noodle was a rat move if I ever saw one.

Hell, their 4th line beat the ever living shit out of a line on the Habs, and they didn't care that the line probably had 2 total career fights between the 5 of them.

That team was dirty, they were bullies, they ran roughshod over their opponents, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Marchand was dirty. Lucic was big, mean, nasty and tough. I don't remember him trying to take people's heads off. Put them through the glass, sure. There's a difference between toughness and dirtiness.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Marchand was dirty. Lucic was big, mean, nasty and tough. I don't remember him trying to take people's heads off. Put them through the glass, sure. There's a difference between toughness and dirtiness.

Here's a greasy crosscheck to Lappy's head, knocking off his helmet.

Here's a wicked sucker punch on Victor Hedman (a pretty stand up guy).

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Also Boston was life and death with a degraded Leafs team, needing Swayman to bail them out again. NYR swept their first round opponent and beat Carolina, who was absolutely better than a degraded Toronto into in 6. Rangers ended up 10-6 in the PO
while Boston ended up 6-7. The facts clearly don't back you up.

I agree with you regarding the Boston-TO series. As for the NYR-Carolina series the Canes were actually the better team, unfortunately for them the Rangers goaltending was easily superior. I am only commenting on how the Bruins fared against the Panthers as opposed to the NYR. Everyone raves about how well Swayman played, well Shersterkin was every bit as good.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Devastating comeback.
Didn't deserve more. First one is a nut-tap to a hab. Yawn. Second one is "age-restrictied" and requires me to login to youtube. Don't care enough to do so. Third was a bump. Meh.

Anyway, when you're big, mean nasty and tough sometimes you cross the line. But being dirty little pukes wasn't their default. Being big, mean, nasty and tough was. Being dirty little pukes who won't back-up their actions is Florida's default. There's a difference.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Didn't deserve more. First one is a nut-tap to a hab. Yawn. Second one is "age-restrictied" and requires me to login to youtube. Don't care enough to do so. Third was a bump. Meh.

Anyway, when you're big, mean nasty and tough sometimes you cross the line. But being dirty little pukes wasn't their default. Being big, mean, nasty and tough was. Being dirty little pukes who won't back-up their actions is Florida's default. There's a difference.

Never said they were pukes. There's a difference between "dirty" and "dirty little pukes". Wayne Cashman was dirty. Darcy Tucker was a dirty little puke.

Reactions: BTO

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Not true, Boston was outscored 10-0 over 4 periods in G3\4. NYR worse stretch was
6-1, had a 2-1 series lead and took Florida to OT. Just no way you can say this.

Our own NeelyNugs talked to a couple of people in the Panthers organization ( players? execs? ) who said the Bruins were their toughest to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad