Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
You guys know wear and tear is also a factor in healing right? Like you can heal without surgery too, lol. Playing nearly 30 minutes probably doesn't help but I don't think freaking out about makar makes any sense right now. Probably show up to camp looking crisp

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
It shocks me that Av's fan even think he was healthy. All you have to do is go to youtube, and watch any of the Cale Makar highlights videos. He looks levels (skating, pivoting, cuts, turns) above from 2022 and before compared to this year. His skating looked very different this year.
past his prime

If Makar was healthy, it’s a pretty huge concern quite frankly.
should have traded him

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
So the season for the Avs has been over for a month now and I have yet to read anything about post season surgeries, rehabilitations, scheduled treatments or other needed care.

So either the injury news blackout continues post season, the team lacks any credible beat writer or everyone is and has been healthy.

Oh....never mind.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So the season for the Avs has been over for a month now and I have yet to read anything about post season surgeries, rehabilitations, scheduled treatments or other needed care.

So either the injury news blackout continues post season, the team lacks any credible beat writer or everyone is and has been healthy.

Oh....never mind.
This was announced already. Lehky being the only major one.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Well, I missed it. Sorry.

So Makar wasn't injured.... at least not enough to require surgery....

That's gotta end a lot of endless speculation....
Wasn’t there something early in the season or even preseason where Makar said he had something lingering and Bednar was just like well nobody’s ever 100%. I can’t remember if that was this season or the year before…

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Wasn’t there something early in the season or even preseason where Makar said he had something lingering and Bednar was just like well nobody’s ever 100%. I can’t remember if that was this season or the year before…
This is all I could find from Evan after the last pre-season game where Makar finally played.

From Joey: I know he returned to practice today, but what’s the level of concern regarding Cale Makar’s injury. Obviously, we don’t want anything that’s going to linger into this season!

From Annalisa: Compared to Landy’s interviews from last year how did Makar’s interview today make you feel?

From Shawn: Health, Health, Health. How’s the health this year?

Cale Makar obviously played in the preseason finale, but looked to be taking it a little easy. There was one shift at the start of the third period where he really cranked it up, going coast to coast and creating a great chance, but other than that, you didn’t see him skate with the puck a ton.

Am I concerned? Yeah, a little bit. When we talked to Makar, he didn’t declare himself 100%, but one line really stuck with me.

“It’s just been kind of a long process, and stuff never really gets worse, but it hasn’t really gotten much better.”

The fact that it hasn’t gotten to 100% after a long summer is a definite concern. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is an issue all season long. I hope I’m wrong, but that’s just what my gut is telling me right now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It was this season... but if Makar isn't getting surgery, the wear and tear will catch up. Frankly, if Makar wasn't hurt, there should be a level of concern given his skating in the defensive zone. His mobility isn't the same as two years ago. Hopefully it is just something that needs time.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It was this season... but if Makar isn't getting surgery, the wear and tear will catch up. Frankly, if Makar wasn't hurt, there should be a level of concern given his skating in the defensive zone. His mobility isn't the same as two years ago. Hopefully it is just something that needs time.
Maybe he can have a quick conversation with CMac....let him know he's showing up to camp wanting to get work done and he should take that into consideration throughout the summer. Plan to have him back at the deadline.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The guy was obviously hurt the entire year.

Makar strikes me as the type to want to avoid surgeries if possible especially after seeing McDavid recover from a torn knee without it.

Is it wise? Who knows. But it clearly hampered him last year.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

Makar strikes me as the type to want to avoid surgeries if possible especially after seeing McDavid recover from a torn knee without it.

He's on the downslope

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I'm with you in thinking that, but if we take things at face value, the reality is a little scary. Hopefully he's much better next year and this is really nothing.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Bulls are rebuilding. They already traded Caruso, DeRozan is a free agent, Craig is a free agent, Drummond is a free agent, and LaVine is on the trade block.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
IMG_2922.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad