Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is gonna be Landy 1st game back
IMG_2930.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This will be interesting to see. Two totally different athletes and body types and two completely different sports, both hard on knees. I hope they both make successful returns. To me, it seems like the basketball movements would be more violent and consistently harder on the knees, but who knows, maybe they are easier than hockey movements.

I would imagine that running and pivoting on a hard court would be tougher than skating on ice for the knees. However, I think the knees can take more trauma from a collision in hockey due to the higher speed of the collision effectively increasing the acceleration portion Newton's second law: F = m * a

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I would imagine that running and pivoting on a hard court would be tougher than skating on ice for the knees. However, I think the knees can take more trauma from a collision in hockey due to the higher speed of the collision effectively increasing the acceleration portion Newton's second law: F = m * a
My knees are pretty much shot from age and roller hockey (anyone who's played roller hockey knows the shin pads are specifically designed to move out of the way as you're falling to the concrete) and I can say for sure that skating hurts the least. Anything like running, lunges, stepping/hiking, can't do for too long before I'm in agony.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Lest we forget 😁

10 minutes into Game 1 of the first round, and your captain sees that shit, steps up and sets the god damned tone for the series.

This is something Gabe will be able to provide even if his skating is less than what it once was. His grit, will, determination and absolutely no shits given when someone takes advantage of a team-mate.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado

Honestly.... Looks like a guy who may very well be ready game 1.
I love the optimism, but he’s going half speed out there. He looks strong, stable, and in control; that’s definitely a positive sign, means he has regained some strength and has mobility / range of motion.

We need to see him go full speed, or close to it, before he’s realistically close. I’d also be surprised to see him rushed back, only get one shot at it here, and the playoffs are still well down the road.

Great to see Landy is progressing in his recovery, man would it be cool to see him come back as an effective NHL player.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Heyduke

Oct 31, 2019
I love the optimism, but he’s going half speed out there. He looks strong, stable, and in control; that’s definitely a positive sign, means he has regained some strength and has mobility / range of motion.

We need to see him go full speed, or close to it, before he’s realistically close. I’d also be surprised to see him rushed back, only get one shot at it here, and the playoffs are still well down the road.

Great to see Landy is progressing in his recovery, man would it be cool to see him come back as an effective NHL player.
Maybe it's just been too long since you last saw Landy play, but that is not "half speed". He's never been particularly fast, and definitely slowed down over his career as he gained more weight and leaned into the power forward role.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

I mean... Its definitely not 50%. Not 100% either, but he's pushing pretty good here. Plus like the tweet says, more important in all of this is he's doing all the turns and crossovers basically like completely normal and putting full weight into those movements. That's the really important factor here.

We're still almost 2 full months away from game 1, that's plenty of time to up the intensity from 75% to 100%.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
We all said that a 75%-Landy would an upgrade to this roster. I would say he is there now going by that video and he still has some time to improve on that. I feel very optimistic about him being ready for game 1 or at least playing at 85% of what he used to be. That is huge for this team. And we are not even talking about what he brings off the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad