Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is gonna be Landy 1st game back
IMG_2930.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This will be interesting to see. Two totally different athletes and body types and two completely different sports, both hard on knees. I hope they both make successful returns. To me, it seems like the basketball movements would be more violent and consistently harder on the knees, but who knows, maybe they are easier than hockey movements.

I would imagine that running and pivoting on a hard court would be tougher than skating on ice for the knees. However, I think the knees can take more trauma from a collision in hockey due to the higher speed of the collision effectively increasing the acceleration portion Newton's second law: F = m * a

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I would imagine that running and pivoting on a hard court would be tougher than skating on ice for the knees. However, I think the knees can take more trauma from a collision in hockey due to the higher speed of the collision effectively increasing the acceleration portion Newton's second law: F = m * a
My knees are pretty much shot from age and roller hockey (anyone who's played roller hockey knows the shin pads are specifically designed to move out of the way as you're falling to the concrete) and I can say for sure that skating hurts the least. Anything like running, lunges, stepping/hiking, can't do for too long before I'm in agony.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Ad

Ad

Ad