Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Can’t wait for the return on the Viking. They better do it on home-ice.

1724248885450.gif

Ekholm is gonna get destroyed if a playoff matchup comes to fruition.

1724248907620.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I agree with you that Landy could help in other ways if he has loss speed but I would argue that if he skating got worst due to his knee PK is probably the place he would have the most trouble. To be effective on the PK as a forward you need to pivot a lot and be able to handle a lot of stop and go. That is a lot harder to do with a bad knee.

But further to your point even with a limited on-ice role and helping on the PP he could also help a lot off-ice.
I was kinda of thinking how Dave Andreychuk appeared completely done when we got him, but then he went on to captain a young Tampa Bay team to the cup I believe in mostly a 3/4th line role. I don't see Landy down that far, I'd like to think of him as still being a 2nd/elite 3rd liner.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Dude has some sort of weird move. Short game wasn’t very good either. lol
We're only seeing a little 3/4 wedge in that clip, but even in that it is rough. And yet still not as ugly as Manning's tee shot. :laugh:

I've heard MacKinnon is a beast of a golfer though...

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We're only seeing a little 3/4 wedge in that clip, but even in that it is rough. And yet still not as ugly as Manning's tee shot. :laugh:

Did you ever watch the Spittin' Chicklets Golf thing with MacKinnon? If not, you need to youtube it when you get a chance.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver

Yeah I saw him today out at the tournament. Let’s just say it’s not a strength of his.

Also manning is woof. He hit his tee ball like 100 yards short into the drink on a par 3.

Mack is playing to a 3.8 HC with a lot of rounds this summer

Reactions: henchman21

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Now I know what I’ll be procrastinating my work with tomorrow

[edit...Curious on everyone's view on golf. Seems like Crosby was wearing a watch while playing. Does that not effect the way the wrist roll on the swing? Or is it just something that when you're good enough you can compensate for it.]

Last edited:
Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

[edit...Curious on everyone's view on golf. Seems like Crosby was wearing a watch while playing. Does that not effect the way the wrist roll on the swing? Or is it just something that when you're good enough you can compensate for it.]

MacK looks like a guy who late in his life picked up golf and went out and bought the best swing coach he could find. His movement doesn't look natural or that comfortable... but is very technically sound. Whit looks the most natural and like he's been playing his whole life. Biz... the village drunk who sneaks in the 6 pack and hits on the cart girl.

I wear a watch while golfing (not a monster rolex, but an Apple watch), and it feels natural to me. I feel weird without a watch and playing. Of probably any sport... golf is more about what makes you comfortable.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

Watches don’t bother me at all. My level of suck is equal with or without a watch. I’ve plateaued at this point for many years.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Same. Only thing I can't wear is my wedding ring. It'll give me a blister or callus that will rip open.
My wife got me a silicone ring back when I was working in industry. I feel naked when I don't have my wedding band on, so it's nice to be able to switch to the silicone one when working with machinery or really anything that could get your ring hooked up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad