2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I still got a feeling that Luton, Sheffield United will get relegated even with Everton points deduction.
Man, if they was to take 12 points from Everton for one charge, I wonder what will happen to Man City for their 115 charges

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Honestly Everton could be in big trouble if they go down. They'd need to somehow cut an absolute ton of wages and costs or they'd end up with another massive loss in the Championship due to far less broadcast revenue and a potential additional points deduction down there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Honestly Everton could be in big trouble if they go down. They'd need to somehow cut an absolute ton of wages and costs or they'd end up with another massive loss in the Championship due to far less broadcast revenue and a potential additional points deduction down there.
They would probably have to hemorrhage assets like Leicester did, but a lot of the Ev players are on loan, and Leicester probably had more to sell. It wouldn’t be pretty

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They would probably have to hemorrhage assets like Leicester did, but a lot of the Ev players are on loan, and Leicester probably had more to sell. It wouldn’t be pretty
Leicester definitely had more to sell given the relative purchase times. DCL is really the only player who could fetch a solid transfer fee that they aren't still amortizing. Beto was just bought, Onana was last year, McNeil was last year, Mykolenko probably has 3/5 of his transfer amortized already so that might be alright.

But yea it's not like they've got a bunch of assets that will be really hot and will also significantly help their bottom line.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Leicester definitely had more to sell given the relative purchase times. DCL is really the only player who could fetch a solid transfer fee that they aren't still amortizing. Beto was just bought, Onana was last year, McNeil was last year, Mykolenko probably has 3/5 of his transfer amortized already so that might be alright.

But yea it's not like they've got a bunch of assets that will be really hot and will also significantly help their bottom line.
I bet Pickford and Godfrey could get a decent fee.

I also think they could get okay money for someone like Holgate (no idea how he's been at Soton) or some of their young guys like Branthwaite and Patterson.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Everton would have to do what Burnley did when they got relegated. Sell anything of value for whatever you can, let go of everyone who's contract is up and bring in a completely new squad. They'd need to find the proper manager to pick those new players like Kompany was able to do. Leicester kept a lot of top talent even with all the sales they made. If the Financials are that bad I don't think Everton can really keep much around. Maybe Braithwaite, Garner and Patterson can be kept cause their salaries shouldn't be massive and hope Chermiti can bag goals in the Championship.

They should be able to get a good fee for Calvert-Lewin, Pickford and Mykolenko. Onana should be sold for a nice profit for what they bought. Beto, McNeil should get what they paid back. Then depending on if they are still under contract they should be able to move on Tarkowski and Doucoure for a fee. With all that income they will be able to spend some to rebuild the squad, they aren't going to have to rely on a bunch of free's.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nah man, Godfrey is beyond useless.
He’s got the English homegrown tax though. He’ll get more than he is worth.

I bet Pickford and Godfrey could get a decent fee.

I also think they could get okay money for someone like Holgate (no idea how he's been at Soton) or some of their young guys like Branthwaite and Patterson.
Who do you think is the best dance partner for Everton with Pickford though? Is it Chelsea?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Are Chelsea really gonna pay much for a 30 year old Pickford? It's not like he's young any more.
I mean of the “top” teams they are the ones that need a GK the most , and being 30 matters less for a goalie than an outfield player. Pickford probably an upgrade on Sanchez, but who else is he an upgrade over?

But my point is kind of that it’s becoming harder and harder to find a good match for Pickford. Does he go abroad? Might have to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad