2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Judging by what Manor Solomon is sharing on his Instagram right now, I think Spurs will already try to move him on relatively soon.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Why do you think so? He's posting pro-Israel messages, I don't think that's controversial for an Israeli, especially at Spurs.
Bit much though, isn't it? Shared a post from the IDF. Also made his own comments. I don't think he will be particularly well received when playing.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bit much though, isn't it? Shared a post from the IDF. Also made his own comments. I don't think he will be particularly well received when playing.
Those people who won't receive his posts well are probably the same people who already had a problem with him for being Israeli. And especially giving Spurs' history I'd be shocked if anything happened to him.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It depends, a lot of people over social media commenting about Palestine are not palestinian. He is from Israel, he is (and his family) are affected by it directly. That being said, he should not use media platform and maybe if his mind is not a it, should take a leave temporaly from football

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Fagioli got seven months, wonder what Tonali will get. I'm confident him playing vs him missing the season can be the difference between Newcastle making top 4 or not, he's that good.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

This is a hilarious person.
Hilarious lack of self awareness… and ETH very clealry had shown and told him he’s not an important piece for him lol.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Fagioli got seven months, wonder what Tonali will get. I'm confident him playing vs him missing the season can be the difference between Newcastle making top 4 or not, he's that good.

Sad case really, guy clearly has big issues. Didn't notice anything too suspicious with his matches in Milan, remember him coming big a few times for them.

There was talk about the usual suspension would be 3 years, but with Tonali co-operating openly with the investigation, he might get only 1 year.

But it will be still tough for any team to completely trust him after betting on his own team's matches.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That being said, he should not use media platform and maybe if his mind is not a it, should take a leave temporaly from football
Anyone should be able to use their OWN social media platform for anything. If you don't like a pro-Israel or pro-Palestine message, you have all the power to not follow or give them any attention whoever that may be.

Reactions: luiginb

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone should be able to use their OWN social media platform for anything. If you don't like a pro-Israel or pro-Palestine message, you have all the power to not follow or give them any attention whoever that may be.
Then be ready to feel the consequence of your action and get ready to accept retaliation from your own club.

For the record I don't care what Solomon or El Ghazi believe

Reactions: Jussi

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Then be ready to feel the consequence of your action and get ready to accept retaliation from your own club.

For the record I don't care what Solomon or El Ghazi believe
Agreed, but why would a club punish you for speaking your own thoughts? As long as he's a good teammate, nothing else should matter no?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Agreed, but why would a club punish you for speaking your own thoughts? As long as he's a good teammate, nothing else should matter no?
Because it can divide your fanbase and bring unwarranted attention to your team.

Also you are a sport organisation, not a political party. I can understand sending funds to help the victims like Salah did but don't bring it to social media.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Because it can divide your fanbase and bring unwarranted attention to your team.

Also you are a sport organisation, not a political party. I can understand sending funds to help the victims like Salah did but don't bring it to social media.
Again I agree, but I don't think Spur fans will cancel their season tickets over a rando speaking about a current issue just as I don't think Mainz will lose tickets as well. If they somehow do, they will just get somebody else to buy it. People are dumb for the most part, but I would think many are smart enough to notice that just because Solomon/El Ghazi is/are speaking about something doesn't mean their views represent the entire club.

I was actually going through some clubs one of the other weeks and there are some really politically driven football clubs in the world. Celtic is super catholic, but that doesn't mean all their fans are catholic, Lazio is very conservative even if not every fan is that way, and Marseille is left-wing leaning but not every fan is like that. In the end, I would say I agree there is a right way when speaking about emotionally fuelled topics like this one as Salah is doing by making fundraisers for the people affected by this outcome. Nevertheless, I still believe people should be allowed to post whatever they want, just like we have every right to avoid them and not give them any attention.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
How do you think a Muslim teammate would feel? I'm not 100% sure if they have any muslims in their squad. If you go by country demographics you can assume that Sarr and Bissouma would be.
I don't see how things wouldn't be tense considering the ongoing situation and Solomons posts about it.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How do you think a Muslim teammate would feel? I'm not 100% sure if they have any muslims in their squad. If you go by country demographics you can assume that Sarr and Bissouma would be.
I don't see how things wouldn't be tense considering the ongoing situation and Solomons posts about it.
I mean, that's why they're professional no? There's a lot of grey area here, so I might be simplifying it too much, I admit.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I mean, that's why they're professional no? There's a lot of grey area here, so I might be simplifying it too much, I admit.
I'm not saying there would be any physical confrontation or anything, but I can imagine there being a lot of spite, talking behind ones back, etc. Can't be great to have in a squad really.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm not saying there would be any physical confrontation or anything, but I can imagine there being a lot of spite, talking behind ones back, etc. Can't be great to have in a squad really.
Could be true, but to be a professional means to be able to come together as a teammate with people you disagree with or don't get along well outside of the pitch. There are probably players on the City squad of last year that don't like each other, but "come together" for the good of the team.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

1st, it appears Soloman is right.

2nd, how do you think Russian hockey players feel about all the support for Ukraine?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad