2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Onana also not so tough without catenaccio being played in front of him

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
DDG was 21 when he made his move to united. He also previously showed glimpses of an elite keeper.

Onana is 27. mind you it’s early and no one should write him off. I just never thought he was good.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Onana has also yet to play with the top 4 defense healthy in front of him.
Maybe? But Inter also was extremely defense first. He isn’t going to get the time on the ball he got in Italy. Maybe he can adjust to the pace in the PL but he hasn’t done it yet

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Maybe? But Inter also was extremely defense first. He isn’t going to get the time on the ball he got in Italy. Maybe he can adjust to the pace in the PL but he hasn’t done it yet
As has been said many times, it makes a difference to play behind AWB-Varane-Martinez-Shaw over Dalot-Maguire/Lindelöf/Evans/clearly unfit Varane-Amarabat/Lindelöf.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As has been said many times, it makes a difference to play behind AWB-Varane-Martinez-Shaw over Dalot-Maguire/Lindelöf/Evans/clearly unfit Varane-Amarabat/Lindelöf.
But that still isn’t Inter Milan playing with like a back 7. In a much slower league

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's funny because that's the exact thing I can say after the North London Derby considering that Nketiah never was sent off for clattering Vicario.
That's true, but it works itself out in the end as Arsenal should've been a man-up yesterday with Kovacic being sent off for two yellows.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Spurs fans: "wow, crazy to believe we're top of the table after Matchweek 8. Nice to be excited about the team again. Think we'll hopefully make Top 4!"

Arsenal fans who continue to act as if they won a treble because they were top of the table for most of last year: Spurs fans are insane and delusional after a hot start Jesus Christ

Arsenal fans dunking on Spurs fans for acting less obnoxious than Arsenal fans did is extremely funny

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Spurs fans: "wow, crazy to believe we're top of the table after Matchweek 8. Nice to be excited about the team again. Think we'll hopefully make Top 4!"

Arsenal fans who continue to act as if they won a treble because they were top of the table for most of last year: Spurs fans are insane and delusional after a hot start Jesus Christ

Arsenal fans dunking on Spurs fans for acting less obnoxious than Arsenal fans did is extremely funny
Both cringey AF. Arsenal = try hard. Tottenham = pick me

Reactions: luiginb

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

You need to work on your perception.

No wonder you play cape crusader whenever an Arsenal fan dunks on someone here.

Reactions: S E P H

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Win the league and then you can start talking shit like you're 08-09 Barca
No one here was talking about winning trebles. Hence why I said work on your perception.

How about your team learn how to win without spending Russian blood money while playing a style that makes everyone sleep?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
No one here was talking about winning trebles. Hence why I said work on your perception.

How about your team learn how to win without spending Russian blood money while playing a style that makes everyone sleep?
Work on my perception? Work on your reading. "Acting as if you'd won a treble" not talking about winning trebles. Literacy man, they have school programs for it.

Y'all gotta pump the brakes, your team is relevant for the first time in two decades and any goodwill you might've had was thrown out the window

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Work on my perception? Work on your reading you dumbf***. "Acting as if you'd won a treble" not talking about winning trebles. Literacy man, they have school programs for it.

Y'all gotta pump the brakes, your team is relevant for the first time in two decades and any goodwill you might've had was thrown out the window
And where have we acted like we won the treble? Can you see how we act?

You can't handle banter between Arsenal supporters with the rest?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You're really solidifying yourself as the negative Nancy of this board.
Just calling it like I see it

Paulie has it right as well, this is what he said yesterday.

"Look, I'm absolutely not saying they are title contwnders. Hardly believe they'll keep up this form. But Champions League next season looks like a real possibility so far."
And this would be a great season if it happened. I think we learn a lot about Tottenham now. They’ve BY FAR had the easiest schedule in the league, with their toughest game being a local derby we’re form can go out the window, and the game against Liverpool that the refs gift wrapped to them. Things are going to start to get a lot tougher so we will see what happens. I think forward momentum Always helps though so they certainly aren’t in a bad spot, and not have Europe is a big benefit. Everything has kind of broken right for them, let’s see what happens next

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Everyone here was already bashing Arsenal fans for being excited when we were sitting on 50 points at the mid-way point of last season. Now Spurs are doing the same thing after 8 games and everyone is still bashing Arsenal fans lol. Just little brother mentality from the other London clubs.

Also, imagine thinking Arsenal hasn't been relevant for two decades. Already waiting for the "no European trophies, Chelsea better, we have so much money, blah.." response while your team has been mid table after spending $1B over 18 months.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It would be much easier to bash Tottenham if I had a similar amount of time as last season, but given that I’m going to pick up basketball officiating too the bashing is not going to be coming from my end.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
But that still isn’t Inter Milan playing with like a back 7. In a much slower league
I think the biggest difference is that Inter were already used to a system where the goalie played with his feet a lot. United are just implementing one. And that process has been made more complicated by the large number of injuries to the back 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad