2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Thank the footballers on brighton for making this and last season some what exciting. Newcastle was fun enough last year, but it is so boring when the low teams miss walk-in opportunities early then lose undramatically to top table clubs... some real awful finishers on the bottom... then you wonder... are they on the bottom because they blow so many chances or do they blow so many chances because they are just that, a bottom level everything.

*now even haaland goes and misses almost 50% of his shots, I think more accurately is around 40% but still.... they get way more chances instead of just 1 shining golden moment to capitalize for the whole match.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Neither Spurs goals were flukey, they were open play goals while Arsenal got an own goal deflection and a hand ball that wasn't going in.

Arsenal only better than Spurs once in 8 years, talk about a fluke.
Arsenals goals in quite a few games are lucky. Either last minute lucky or handball / penalty lucky or deflection lucky.... they are a very lucky club....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
lol, dont know how to take anything you say seriously if thats your stance
It was natural with momentum for his arms to swing (unless he took strict control of them and put them at his side) but he was caught in a bad way, just have to be more careful with the arms... that much is more obvious than arguing whether it was or was not.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
the league table already looks like it's splitting into 4 groups.
Luton Burnley and Sheffield are so terribly bad... they are 18 easy points for the top 5...

Wolverhampton draws Luton... an absolute mess for the wolves...

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I mean he's not wrong

Not to defend Chelsea's trash owners but sorry, I don't give a f*** how much of a 'project' it is, if the club spent close to a billion there's no part of the plan or learning curve that should include them having done as bad as they've done since the takeover. That club is failing at every single level.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean the coach isn’t the issue, chelsea need an exorcist. It’s the curse of Roman
The issue with Chelsea is they want to bring in all this young talent but have next to zero continuity in their infrastructure. They have enough talent that sometimes they can fall upwards, and yeah the strategy to buy all the young stars is great in theory; but if you are going to keep churning and burning your staff it’s obsolete. Also, maybe buy some goals.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's pretty simple, it's a squad where the only proven finisher is Nkunku, who is hurt and new to the league, and final 3rd creators are all speed based, so when teams drop back, we have major issues.

All a team has to do against us right now is sit back and wait for a counter opportunity.

Reactions: luiginb

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Not to defend Chelsea's trash owners but sorry, I don't give a f*** how much of a 'project' it is, if the club spent close to a billion there's no part of the plan or learning curve that should include them having done as bad as they've done since the takeover. That club is failing at every single level.

Poch's point seems to primarily be, don't blame me for how much you guys have f***ed things up until now and expect it to change overnight. I have no clue whether or not he is the person to solve it, but they green-lighted him to go ahead and try, so like a month of football is just a tad too soon to pull the plug (again)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's pretty simple, it's a squad where the only proven finisher is Nkunku, who is hurt and new to the league, and final 3rd creators are all speed based, so when teams drop back, we have major issues.

All a team has to do against us right now is sit back and wait for a counter opportunity.

How in the world does a team spend 1B and only has one finisher? It just doesn't compute for me. Injuries aren't what's sinking Chelsea. It's all rotten.

Reactions: Savant

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
How in the world does a team spend 1B and only has one finisher? It just doesn't compute for me. Injuries aren't what's sinking Chelsea. It's all rotten.
Not only just one finisher but also (apparently) build a completely speed based attack when 75% of their games are going to be against teams that are just going to drop into a block and make them get creative and technically precise.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Poch's point seems to primarily be, don't blame me for how much you guys have f***ed things up until now and expect it to change overnight. I have no clue whether or not he is the person to solve it, but they green-lighted him to go ahead and try, so like a month of football is just a tad too soon to pull the plug (again)

Poch should start playing left backs at left back.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
That is the obvious answer. Spend 1 billion pounds on multiple defensive midfielder, unproven wingers and centerbacks then get all confused when the team cannot score goals.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ideally we never lose Rudiger. We don't run the club into the ground where kovacic wants out all year.

We shouldn't have lost RLC, Mount, Werner.

The level of turnover we had was just too substantial .

Should have gotten Tchouameni and not given in to the demand from TT to sell Gilmour, etc.

It's like a decade of crap that reared its ugly head. We were the 3rd/4th best team in England with flawed squads/squad planning for a few years after the 2017 title and then ate all the problems at once.

I just can't stomach watching hte team right now. It's actually painful .

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The one critique I hate is when people point to the squad that beat City for UCL and how it was dismantled. Like the win against Bayern, it was a fluke, that team never should've won it, but that's sports, our squads that should've won it, didn't.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The one critique I hate is when people point to the squad that beat City for UCL and how it was dismantled. Like the win against Bayern, it was a fluke, that team never should've won it, but that's sports, our squads that should've won it, didn't.

I do think that Chelsea would gain by having more veterans than just Silva/Chilwell (depending on how you want to define James you can add him too). Say what you will about the exits but that's a lot of experience/guys who won at a very high level (whether in England/other domestic leagues or internationally or in Europe) that went out the door.

Granted they're playing better than last year when you watch them on television but it's still not great and nothing's going right. Who can step up there?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There veterans sucked ass last year and are sucking this year. Chelsea stink transcends age and talent.

You simply cant buy this amount of players (regardless of individual talent) in that short of period and expect to play as a team. This isnt Fifa... someone should tell the American.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad