2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs fans coming in here bragging about a draw when all 4 goals were flukey and neither team played particularly well is so on brand. Will always be little brother to Arsenal.
Maybe one shouldn't be so incredibly cocky before games, I don't know.

For the record I do feel quite a bit of pride in the team so far. Postecoglou has turned them around compared to last season. People kept saying that they would get exposed against better opposition but they got a very convincing draw in one of the most difficult fixtures of the season. They just keep proving people wrong.

Let's not hope this is their famous last words lol.

Reactions: Evilo

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Spurs fans coming in here bragging about a draw when all 4 goals were flukey and neither team played particularly well is so on brand. Will always be little brother to Arsenal.

Neither Spurs goals were flukey, they were open play goals while Arsenal got an own goal deflection and a hand ball that wasn't going in.

Arsenal only better than Spurs once in 8 years, talk about a fluke.

Reactions: Evilo

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Chelsea's upcoming PL fixtures:
Fulham
Burnley
Arsenal
Brentford
Spurs
Man City
Newcastle
Brighton
Man United

Manchester United is one of the more winnable games. Hahahaha.

Neither Spurs goals were flukey, they were open play goals while Arsenal got an own goal deflection and a hand ball that wasn't going in.

Arsenal has only finished above Spurs once on the last 8 years? For real? That's kind of hilarious.

Reactions: JPBolts

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It really is pathetic that Chelsea are at a point where I was with the St. Louis Rams years ago. I turn the game on Saturday or Sunday morning because I have nothing else better to do, and turn it off at half time regretting how much time I wasted.

I'm not watching until Palmer or some other attacker starts at #10 with Enzo dropping deeper to his preferred position. I won't include Colwill sliding to CB and an actual LB starting at LB because that would probably mean I'm not watching a game for a long time.

Reactions: Blender

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Arsenal has only finished above Spurs once on the last 8 years? For real? That's kind of hilarious.

Specifically Tottenham had finished above Arsenal for 6 straight years before last year.
Arsenal have finished above Spurs in the league pyramid in 67 different seasons since their first campaign together in the EFL (1908-09), with 21 of these coming consecutively between 1995-96 and 2015-16 – the longest run of supremacy (either way) between these clubs in league history

If we really want to play that game.

Reactions: KJS14

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Arsenal have finished above Spurs in the league pyramid in 67 different seasons since their first campaign together in the EFL (1908-09), with 21 of these coming consecutively between 1995-96 and 2015-16 – the longest run of supremacy (either way) between these clubs in league history

If we really want to play that game.

No one cares. It's just based on the flexing you wouldn't think that Spurs have been (seemingly by far) the better team for the last 8 years. I don't give a shit what happened 20-80 years ago. That's ancient.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
No one cares. It's just based on the flexing you wouldn't think that Spurs have been (seemingly by far) the better team for the last 8 years. I don't give a shit what happened 20-80 years ago. That's ancient.
I mean you thought it was hilarious so 21 years must be Dave Chappelle level comedy then.

And how many trophies have they won again? Also hilarious.

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

By that logic, Saka's goal was still an open play goal even though it was a deflection. And the penalty was a legit penalty even if the shot wasn't on target.

Call them "flukey" or "defensive errors," but regardless the point was that neither team created their goals from great play, but rather it was sloppy defense / errors. Nothing to brag about.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
By that logic, Saka's goal was still an open play goal even though it was a deflection. And the penalty was a legit penalty even if the shot wasn't on target.

It wasn't legit, not even taking into effect the ref missing Maddison being fouled before the goal.

Sky Sports' Gary Neville said: "I'm pretty sure it hits his hand, but I have not got a clue, you guess at home, but I do not think there is anything unnatural about that... it is not for me!

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
It wasn't legit, not even taking into effect the ref missing Maddison being fouled before the goal.

Sky Sports' Gary Neville said: "I'm pretty sure it hits his hand, but I have not got a clue, you guess at home, but I do not think there is anything unnatural about that... it is not for me!

Wow, now that Ange and a Sport Bible article quoting Gary Neville and Twitter posts has called it out as a bad call, I'll surely change my mind... Excellent journalism!

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Maybe one shouldn't be so incredibly cocky before games, I don't know.

For the record I do feel quite a bit of pride in the team so far. Postecoglou has turned them around compared to last season. People kept saying that they would get exposed against better opposition but they got a very convincing draw in one of the most difficult fixtures of the season. They just keep proving people wrong.

Let's not hope this is their famous last words lol.
I mean, I've been posting the same way for like 5+ years now, if people like the Frisbee bloke can't handle that, I don't know what to say.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Le Saux, who's one of the better analysts on NBC specifically mention that "this should be a handball when all is said and done." People arguing that wasn't is simply Pejorative Slured, that's the definition and exact play of what a handball needs to be in this sport.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

lol, dont know how to take anything you say seriously if thats your stance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad