Speculation: 2022 off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
Jesus christ that's cheap for one of the best scoring wingers in the world. Chicago are f***ed
I'm inclined to agree. Do they have any other spare parts we might want?

Sounds like Chicago plans to invoke the Nuclear Tank option. Do you think they know there's a lottery involved?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Not sure why the Blackhawks thought they had to move him today… granted he’s going to be in line for a pay day soon, but he’s not the first guy I would have moved. Good for Ottawa, I’m happy for their fans at least. :laugh:

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'm inclined to agree. Do they have any other spare parts we might want?

Sounds like Chicago plans to invoke the Nuclear Tank option. Do you think they know there's a lottery involved?
Dach is the one I think we are talking to them about. They probably want 12th for him, which seems high, but I've been wondering whether something like 12th for Dach + 38th is worth it.

Hard for me to figure out the value of Dach when most of my viewing are from back when he was a very promising 18/19 year old

Not sure why the Blackhawks thought they had to move him today… granted he’s going to be in line for a pay day soon, but he’s not the first guy I would have moved. Good for Ottawa, I’m happy for their fans at least. :laugh:
They must have someone they really really like in the top 10. Going to be very interesting to see who they take.

Reactions: NotTooWideArena

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Dach is the one I think we are talking to them about. They probably want 12th for him, which seems high, but I've been wondering whether something like 12th for Dach + 38th is worth it.

Hard for me to figure out the value of Dach when most of my viewing are from back when he was a very promising 18/19 year old

They must have someone they really really like in the top 10. Going to be very interesting to see who they take.
You're probably right. Someone who they really really like AND will still be available at 7 ;)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Listened to JD on 97.1 the fan and a little nugget he mentioned is that they are also in negotiations to get Gavrikov extended. Said both he and Laine love it here and want to stay but these negotiations take time.

Call me crazy, but I’m honestly more pumped on the idea of getting Gavi extended compared to extending Laine.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Listened to JD on 97.1 the fan and a little nugget he mentioned is that they are also in negotiations to get Gavrikov extended. Said both he and Laine love it here and want to stay but these negotiations take time.

But I’ve heard on here he’s going to walk to UFA for month’s now

• Haha
Reactions: Viqsi and Xoggz22

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So far this weekend I'm underwhelmed.

Sure. We got some nice prospects for the future but I'm still waiting for something to make the team better for this season.

Maybe Elvis or Kuraly will get traded tomorrow because they signed some autographs at the draft party tonight.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio

Sure. We got some nice prospects for the future but I'm still waiting for something to make the team better for this season.

Maybe Elvis or Kuraly will get traded tomorrow because they signed some autographs at the draft party tonight.

I would agree. we have a glutton of forwards - how about trading them for draft picks

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

There will be moves to improve the team. Don't worry.

I am more than happy we stood pat and made both picks. We're not in go for it territory. The Chychrun talk was fun, but Arizona wants too much. Clearly, Jarmo is going fishing for help at the top of our roster. I'm eager to see what he cooks up

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
There will be moves to improve the team. Don't worry.

I am more than happy we stood pat and made both picks. We're not in go for it territory. The Chychrun talk was fun, but Arizona wants too much. Clearly, Jarmo is going fishing for help at the top of our roster. I'm eager to see what he cooks up

just curious, what makes you think Jarmo is going fishing to help the top of our roster?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

...It's the DRAFT.
You're right. I need to not be impatient because I've been waiting 20+ years for this team to build the right way. Even still, I don't know if we are building the right way.

Well, he's already been linked to Chychrun, Dach, McDonagh, and TFP has us linked to players like Strome, Garland, Puljujarvi,.

Sounds like we'll get our shot at Strome for free because Chicago isn't even going to bother to try and get anything for him.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Well, he's already been linked to Chychrun, Dach, McDonagh, and TFP has us linked to players like Strome, Garland, Puljujarvi,.

since chychrun, dach, and mcdonagh are no longer possibilities, who do you personally wish to see in a CBJ sweater come october that wore a different one last season?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
since chychrun, dach, and mcdonagh are no longer possibilities, who do you personally wish to see in a CBJ sweater come october that wore a different one last season?

I mean you ask me what I'd like to do...

I'd like to roll over some of our young depth forwards that we don't have ice time for (Chinakhov, Foudy, Bemstrom, etc...), for high 2nds and snag Owen Beck and Jagger Firkus. There's big swings left on the board.

Then sign Johnny Gaudreau next week. :D

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I mean you ask me what I'd like to do...

I'd like to roll over some of our young depth forwards that we don't have ice time for (Chinakhov, Foudy, Bemstrom, etc...), for high 2nds and snag Owen Beck and Jagger Firkus. There's big swings left on the board.

Then sign Johnny Gaudreau next week. :D

giving up on Yegor that easily? my oh my

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Garland and Puljujärvi are the interesting ones.

I do also wonder whether drafting 2 high end D prospects makes some of the other Dmen in the system available for trade. If so, Chychrun trade might still be on table.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You're right. I need to not be impatient because I've been waiting 20+ years for this team to build the right way. Even still, I don't know if we are building the right way.

Sounds like we'll get our shot at Strome for free because Chicago isn't even going to bother to try and get anything for him.
I get your impatience but to me this is the first time the Jackets are building the right way. I see no reason for them to bring in a McDonagh or a Burns kind of guy (aged, expensive vet) but if they traded for DeBrincat I would have been happy. He is young, proven and would have be an immediate help. Assuming he agreed to an extension first.

Reactions: Hello Johnny

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
I think the CBJ could move a few bodies to make space among the forwards, and I'd like to see them add a pick or two. There is still some talent out there.

But let's remember that these guys are all still "works-in-progress" - sometimes they surprise you and the grass may not really be greener if you trade a known quantity for a sack of magic beans. (Wow, that metaphor got away from me!)

If Jarmo is talking to free agents, I think he should focus on youngsters, unless he finds an affordable veteran role-player who projects to be a positive influence on the team. Somebody like, say, Sean Kuraly. (I shiver every time I see him listed as disposable.)

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH

I agree with you 100%. 20+ years is enough. I am not saying this about the players drafted tonight, but last night was a missed opportunity in my book. Besides, if they are going to build the team the "right way", then why are they letting Jarmo do it? I have so many questions about ownership at this point. They let Jarmo go for it in 2019, now they want to re-whatever. I guess as a fan, I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel at this point and I just can't get all excited over prospects anymore, I need to see results on the ice.

pscbj80

Aug 1, 2020
I agree with you 100%. 20+ years is enough. I am not saying this about the players drafted tonight, but last night was a missed opportunity in my book. Besides, if they are going to build the team the "right way", then why are they letting Jarmo do it? I have so many questions about ownership at this point. They let Jarmo go for it in 2019, now they want to re-whatever. I guess as a fan, I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel at this point and I just can't get all excited over prospects anymore, I need to see results on the ice.
I am confused about how it was a missed opportunity last night. Trading for DeBrincat? Chychrun? Chychrun is still a Coyote so no team was biting the high ask price. Those are the only two players available who would have even been worth it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Your impatience is well-earned sndI share it. I think the point was that this weekend is the draft, which is pretty much reserved for building for the future. What exactly did you think was going to happen this weekend to make the team better for next year? Two teams made trades for good, young players. Two out of 32. It’s not like everybody but Jarmo was out there adding superstars.

As others have said, there’s a basically full free agent period left. That’s when things happen to make your team better for next year. And if they don’t then yeah I think most fans will be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad