Speculation: 2022 off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I won't lie. It would be funny if after Chicago not wanting to deal Dach in a Seth Jones trade. then trades him to the CBJ one year later. But a 1st for a player who has only 59 points in 3 season in the NHL? Thats a bit to give up. He is on the same PPG pace as Texier. I personally would multiple 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd, but not a 1st
I understand the circumstances are different but the way things are going Dach is kind of comparable to Kotkaniemi who effectively went for a late 1st and 3rd. Still probably too much but 12 would be wayyy too much

Reactions: MAHJ71 and Toe Pick

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
6'4" 200 lb center?

I'll give a 1st rounder for that with his potential. He could use some work on faceoffs if he's truly a center though.

Boqvist, Bemstrom, Voronkov to Ottawa. Ottawa’s 7OA to Chicago. Dach to Columbus. Keep the 1st round picks. Ottawa could use an offensive right D who was a recent high draft pick, they are interested in Bemstrom (allegedly), and they like big guys like Voronkov.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Boqvist, Bemstrom, Voronkov to Ottawa. Ottawa’s 7OA to Chicago. Dach to Columbus. Keep the 1st round picks. Ottawa could use an offensive right D who was a recent high draft pick, they are interested in Bemstrom (allegedly), and they like big guys like Voronkov.

Give Chicago the 12th and keep the 7th

Reactions: MissADD and koteka

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I won't lie. It would be funny if after Chicago not wanting to deal Dach in a Seth Jones trade. then trades him to the CBJ one year later. But a 1st for a player who has only 59 points in 3 season in the NHL? Thats a bit to give up. He is on the same PPG pace as Texier. I personally would multiple 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd, but not a 1st
Not only a first... But their own first we acquired in the trade for Seth Jones.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Apparently Chicago asked for at least 2OA from NJD for Debrinicat. Ain't no way Jackets are parting for that much for both of them

I’d do 6+12 for both if Cat signs an extension. Those two guys would provide more long term value than whoever we’d be picking at 6 and 12

Reactions: CBJx614

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The fundamental problem with this tidy little theory of yours is that Tortorella's desire to move on - and the news coming out regarding same, that he'd been talked into staying (and that most of us welcomed at the time given that he was and still is the winningest coach in Jackets history) - predate any news of the PLD trade request, let alone the subsequent acquisition of Laine. The timeline simply does not work. It's like claiming we could go ahead and trade Nash because we were confident Sonny Milano would take his place - not only is it extremely suspect on the surface for a variety of reasons, the two can't be connected in this fashion because they happened in the wrong order.
Ok, maybe the emphasis of my theory should focus more on (the departure of) Jones vs Laine instead of Torts vs Laine, but, the addition of Laine and his subsequent “rocky” short term relationship with Torts certainly didn’t help his future with the team.

And while I hate how much the MINIMAL information we get from the CBJ media is taken at face value, or morphed into whatever point somebody wants to make (because “media reports” are “FACTS”) can you give me an idea why you think Torts apparently wanted to “move on” from the CBJ, while only to return to the NHL 2/3 years later??

Regarding “timelines”, your being very naive to all the conversations that more than likely occurred behind the scenes regarding Dubois, probably WELL BEFORE there were any reports on the subject.

Who’s to say that conversations with Winnipeg regarding Laine/Dubois and Tort’s feelings on the matter we’re not discussed at a time in the past??

Didn’t happen because Portzline didn’t report it??

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He's 21, missed some time with injuries and was a 3rd overall pick that has essentially still been playing a 3rd line role behind Strome and Toews in that lineup.

A big guy who is strong on the puck and is a playmaker is Jarmo's dream.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I don’t get Hedge and Svoboda’s infatuation with Geekie

They are stuck on he’s big not very insightful

A8C38AE2-E0C0-4422-B1A4-CAD599F96510.png
23A0E716-6254-4641-BBEE-0E314AA23DEB.png

Last edited:

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I'd rather guy who has shown he can play in the NHL, just needs some better development rather than they guy who might not ever play an NHL game.

Reactions: VT

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'd rather guy who has shown he can play in the NHL, just needs some better development rather than they guy who might not ever play an NHL game.
Under some circumstances I'd agree. But we already have so many forwards as is that frankly I think now is the time to swing for the fences rather than play it safe. Dach at this point is well into the latter category.

Reactions: majormajor

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Anyone catch Portzline's live chat? I thought it was going to be a chatroom thing but it was apparently an audio thing and the site doesn't seem to have an archive of it.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Chinakhov (and maybe the 2th round) for Dach. We have enough wingers and I wouldn't be happy to trade Bjorkstrand.

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Under some circumstances I'd agree. But we already have so many forwards as is that frankly I think now is the time to swing for the fences rather than play it safe. Dach at this point is well into the latter category.
I dunno I think under the right circumstances we could get him going. Playing in Chicago he had pressure to be THE GUY at a young age.

If he came into camp for the Jackets this off-season he would come into a locker room that would basically have a 3 way battle for the 1/2 C spots for the next 3-5+ years.

Jarmo loves creating competition between players to get the best out of them.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Anyone catch Portzline's live chat? I thought it was going to be a chatroom thing but it was apparently an audio thing and the site doesn't seem to have an archive of it.
I listened to a little. It was sort of like a bad radio show where people try to listen to themselves on the radio and communication with the host and callers is awkward.

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Debrincat for a few picks. I see Chicago still sucks at trades. Will be hilarious if they lose the lottery next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad