GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Makar is a truly amazing player. A generational dman. He’s the Ray Bourque of this era

It's a bit early for me to make that comparison, but damn sure looks like it's going to be that way. It's been a long time since I've seen a defenseman dominate with the puck like he is. Just unbelievable talent. It's like McDavid if he was a defenseman.

Reactions: Paul4587
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I’ve played plenty of competitive hockey and I’m still playing beer league hockey. In my beer league that is a penalty 9 times out of 10 and when I was playing competitively it’s a penalty 10 times out of 10s if it’s picked up.

I think the issue is this - it wasn't picked up.

I think Craig Button said it best on Leafs Lunch yesterday that if the NHL were to call that every single time, you would get 'up to 15 of those calls'

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Makar is a truly amazing player. A generational dman. He’s the Ray Bourque of this era

Yeah it looks to be this way. We saw a couple of years of Karlsson at this level but his peak was so short and he was older than Makar when he had the massive seasons. Makar is only 23, if he has good longevity he’s going to go down as a top 2-3 dman of all time.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah it looks to be this way. We saw a couple of years of Karlsson at this level but his peak was so short and he was older than Makar when he had the massive seasons. Makar is only 23, if he has good longevity he’s going to go down as a top 2-3 dman of all time.
If you lookt at players, usually they are entering their prime at 23. Entering. Makar is already tge best (arguably)

Colorado were historically bad that year, lost the lottery with only 4th pick, and they got this :laugh: wild

Reactions: Paul4587

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah it's now like the last time a generational talent was drafted was 2017.
2023 could be the next time if either Michkov is Ovi 2.0 or Bedard is Crosby 2.0.

Sakic didn't rush Makar either, if Murray was their GM he'd have played immediately after being drafted.

Makes me so glad Murray is gone.
What if Fowler would have had an even better career if he wasn't rushed or if Drysdale was better if he wasn't rushed.

Given how small he is, Drysdale should have spent at least another year in juniors amd then AHL before NHL.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This series shows how important special teams players are in the playoffs. The Avs are going to win this series because they have absolutely elite PKers like Cogs and Helm who are absolutely shutting down the Tampa PP. Conversely the Tampa PKers have been terrible and the Avs PP is absolutely elite. 5 on 5 these two teams are basically even.

Reactions: Kalv

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah this one’s over the Avs are winning. I thought that was a pretty questionable icing call though…

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Avs are not only the better team but they’re also getting some crazy breaks. Makars goal looks harmless but bounces off Cernaks skate through Vasis skate. Then Sergachev hits the post down the other end minutes later.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Kucherov is so good and Palat is so clutch.

All Palat does is make big plays.

He’s been in so many playoff games since coming into the league. He basically entered the NHL just as Tampa was becoming a playoff powerhouse.

Reactions: bsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad