GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Palat is not going anywhere this summer. They will trade other players to make room.

Killorn looks cooked this series( probably due to injuries), wonder if they try move on from him.

Would take on Killorn as a cap dump with a nice sweetener attached, very nice sweetener. Lol.

With only one year left at $4.5M not sure we would even get a sweetener. He put up 59 points this season, that’s more like $6M production even if it was inflated by playing for Tampa.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I didn’t think it would become a huge deal when it happened, but my god what a braindead penalty for Compher to take to negate Colorado’s upcoming PP. You could argue it was a bit of a soft call, but it’s unacceptable to give the refs any reason to call a penalty on you when there is a delayed penalty on the other team.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Tampa basically followed the St Louis game plan against Colorado. The Blues may have won that series if Binnington hadn’t gotten hurt.

Colorado wins with speed and moving the puck. But they don’t have anyone in front of the net and a lot of their shots come from outside or the rush. When that isn’t working, especially against a good goalie, they don’t seem to have a plan B.

Colorado may still win, but a lot of their goals in the last couple games were odd bounces and not beating Vasilevskiy, except Kadri’s GWG.

I thought it was over after game 4 with Tampa looking spent, but I’m not so sure.

One thing, Kuemper probably hasn’t helped his off season.

John

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Final home playoff game in a three straight trips to the final, Tampa is going to find a way to win tomorrow.

Game 7 in the mile high city being exhausted, not sure they’ll pull that off.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Killorn looks cooked this series( probably due to injuries), wonder if they try move on from him.

With only one year left at $4.5M not sure we would even get a sweetener. He put up 59 points this season, that’s more like $6M production even if it was inflated by playing for Tampa.

They are already over 2 million in cap, have more players to re-sign other than Palat. Then they have Cirelli, Sergachev, Cernak, Foote, and Colton all Pending RFA’s with arb rights the following season, with 20 million of cap( before they make any moves this summer and before the cap goes up if it does)

Verbeek should be on the phone with Tampa and Vegas (even how the last trade went south) both teams are going to have to add a sweetener to get out of cap hell. Unless they pull the LTIR Bull shit which the league has pretty much said they are looking the other way.

I do agree about Palat , why would he want to leave for a rebuild team. He should be getting at least 6 million but If he has to leave Tampa he is more suited for a team contending now. They are paying more for his playoff performance.

There’s going to be so many players available, we need to find the one that is most ideal with playing with Z and/or Terry. Don’t need to be going after the best player to get someone very good for this team.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They are already over 2 million in cap, have more players to re-sign other than Palat. Then they have Cirelli, Sergachev, Cernak, Foote, and Calton all Pending RFA’s with arb rights the following season, with 20 million of cap( before they make any moves this summer and before the cap goes up if it does)

Verbeek should be on the phone with Tampa and Vegas (even have the last trade went south) both teams are going to have to add a sweetener to get out of cap hell. Unless they pull the LTIR Bull shit which the league has pretty much said they are looking the other way.

I do agree about Palat , why would he want to leave for a rebuild team. He should be getting at least 6 million but If he has to leave Tampa he is more suited for a team contending now. They are paying more for his playoff performance.

There’s going to be so many players available, we need to find the one that is most ideal with playing with Z and/or Terry. Don’t need to be going after the best player to get someone very good for this team.
Yep... id be ready to poach a player from vegas/tampa.

2023 1st, Brisson and hague would be of heavy interest for me as "sweetners" then id take whatever cap they think is movable.

Martinez/Pacioretty seem like the most rational contracts to move... Karlsson would prob make the most sense but idk if anyone takes that.

Tampa on the other hand doesnt really have "bad" contracts.... they are just in a spot where eventually they likely have to lose 1 of Cerielli, Sergachev , stamkos or point

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yep... id be ready to poach a player from vegas/tampa.

2023 1st, Brisson and hague would be of heavy interest for me as "sweetners" then id take whatever cap they think is movable.

Martinez/Pacioretty seem like the most rational contracts to move... Karlsson would prob make the most sense but idk if anyone takes that.

Tampa on the other hand doesnt really have "bad" contracts.... they are just in a spot where eventually they likely have to lose 1 of Cerielli, Sergachev , stamkos or point

Yeah that’s the thing, a player being squeezed out of Tampa is still a very good player, same can be said to some degree about Vegas. If we are talking about someone being squeezed out of Arizona or Montreal, lol yeah.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I keep forgetting Tampa doesn’t even have Point, arguably their best all around player. I feel like Stamkos changes his game in the playoffs to where he’s super focused on defense.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Stamkos has been fine this postseason, it's maybe the best run of his career in the playoffs (certainly the 2nd best). he's also never been known as a sensational handler of the puck.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I keep forgetting Tampa doesn’t even have Point, arguably their best all around player. I feel like Stamkos changes his game in the playoffs to where he’s super focused on defense.
stamkos has 90 pts in 116 career playoff games which isn't that great for a player of his caliber

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad