GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Avs did this without their starting goalie and Girard... Who as much as people have bad things to say about his size... He is every bit as impactful as someone like Fowler. They are a really damn good team.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Avs are just phenomenal. Smith was in no way a limiting factor for the Oilers with how it shaped up this year but they'd be smart to find an upgrade

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I feel bad for Mcdavid…. Oilers are such a clown show… only reason they made it this far this year was Mcdavid went full greatest player of all time…. He can’t be expected to do that every year.
They'll never make it to the final. That Nurse deal kicks in next year.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Props to Nurse for gutting it out, but how in the world do the Oilers think it is a good idea for a player with 1 hip flexor to play 21 minutes a night? I will never understand how teams think a player playing at well below 100% is better than whoever their replacement would be. The Oilers were even playing with 7 defensemen anyway.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
They'll never make it to the final. That Nurse deal kicks in next year.
I haven’t watched much of Nurse over the years, but based on the playoffs, I have no clue what he brings to the team.

His defense is not that good and neither is his offense. He seems to be a 2nd pairing at best.

I thought the Oilers may have seen some upside, but the guy is already 27yo.

John

Reactions: JabbaJabba and bsu

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If Oilers had a legit goalie, there is a decent/good chance this is a 2-2 series. Edmonton scored 6 in game 1 and gave up 7 (plus EN) and gave up 6 today while scoring 5. One big save is the difference in those games... and even game 3 could be argued that a goalie makes a difference (but I wouldn't hang losing a game to the Avs where Oilers only score 2 on the goalie).

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I believe Makar is a generational Dman. He's already better than prime Erik Karlsson.

Prime Karlsson was 4th in league scoring on a lowly Senators team. Makar has yet to crack the top 10 in league scoring.

Makar is elite and the best dman in the game but he hasn’t surpassed Karlsson yet.

• Love
Reactions: Kalv and bsu

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I haven’t watched much of Nurse over the years, but based on the playoffs, I have no clue what he brings to the team.

His defense is not that good and neither is his offense. He seems to be a 2nd pairing at best.

I thought the Oilers may have seen some upside, but the guy is already 27yo.

John

he was playing with a torn hip flexor, he’s not normally that bad.

He’s a 2-3 being paid number 1 money. It’s a horrific contract but when he’s healthy he’s a decent dman. He just should never be asked to be a teams no 1 dman, Ken Holland should be fired for the contract he gave him.

Reactions: bsu

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Prime Karlsson was 4th in league scoring on a lowly Senators team. Makar has yet to crack the top 10 in league scoring.

Makar is elite and the best dman in the game but he hasn’t surpassed Karlsson yet.
Prime Karlsson would be McDavid-like if he was on this Avs team... No joke.

Reactions: Paul4587

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Somehow hurts to say but the Avs are a team to like a lot 😎 Great playwrs and fun to watch. Could be another dynasty in making with that ingredients.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

I got to watch a little bit of EK back then and he was incredible, but Makar is (imo) light years better defensively. Karlssens only defense was having the puck himself, which was pretty good, but he got beat a lot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad