Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | 4-3 WIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I would be surprised if Maroon got sucked into that , I expect it to be like the first 2 periods of last game with big hits and lots of them , every time a Leaf touched the puck he got hit whether he still had it or not and there was a lot of bullying guys off the puck where the Bolts player just physically took the puck away like they were playing against little kids , thats the Bolts that will beat this Leafs team .
I expect Bolts will win it too .. too much size and speed for Leafs .. hoping for Leafs but bottom line D and G win in playoffs when refs throw da whistle away .. and Vasi Hedman McD Sergey and Cernak are best backend in hockey .. it is too much for Leafs to overcome if they all bring their A games .. but we all know Vasi and he can be Jekyll and Hyde

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
As a Habs fan, may the lightning strike down the leafs. the sports media coverage here in Canada is unbearable with leaf love, also the sports channel here in canada owns the leafs.
We're just chillin'. No biggie.

1107520.gif

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Go TB
Beat the loser figs.
Nostrils (Matthews) needs the be hit often and hard

TB in 6
Post automatically merged:

As a Habs fan, may the lightning strike down the leafs. the sports media coverage here in Canada is unbearable with leaf love, also the sports channel here in canada owns the leafs.
I concur
Knock them out, it is good for Canada

Reactions: U55

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Man I can only imagine. Reading the leafs fans on this boards posts you would think the leafs won the cup 20 years in a row. If the media talks like that I wonder what makes them so delusional?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Man I can only imagine. Reading the leafs fans on this boards posts you would think the leafs won the cup 20 years in a row. If the media talks like that I wonder what makes them so delusional?
TSN and Sportsnet jerk off the Leafs so bad that every other Canadian city, doesn't bother listening to their hockey talk stuff unless they are Leaf fans. It's unbearable up here. I live all the way in Vancouver and even here I have to hear about Matthews last bowel movement on TV.

Reactions: U55

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Sorry everyone,
but I'd say Toronto in 5 or 6.
Except like 4 games, we played like dogs* since the outdoor game and I don't believe in the magical switch.
Not so confident..,

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Side note: I should post on the Bolts board more. I just don't know what to say and I barely know any of you, but posting more would change that. I think I tried to introduce myself once. Maybe I'll try that again. Do we have an introductions thread?

Leafs should give us a run for our money but I'm hoping playoff experience and goaltending can win the series. I don't know what else to say for now. I'm beyond excited for tomorrow. The NHL playoffs are the best time of year in my opinion.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Sorry everyone,
but I'd say Toronto in 5 or 6.
Except like 4 games, we played like dogs* since the outdoor game and I don't believe in the magical switch.
Not so confident..,
Agreed, I also voted Toronto in 6. I just don't see the boys giving the 110% needed every game to outplay Toronto's top line. This will be a series where Matthews will be unstoppable, and Kuch will get frustrated and take dumb penalties and throw blind passes every where.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Side note: I should post on the Bolts board more. I just don't know what to say and I barely know any of you, but posting more would change that. I think I tried to introduce myself once. Maybe I'll try that again. Do we have an introductions thread?

Leafs should give us a run for our money but I'm hoping playoff experience and goaltending can win the series. I don't know what else to say for now. I'm beyond excited for tomorrow. The NHL playoffs are the best time of year in my opinion.
Welcome again! We used to have an intro thread but not any more. I guess you could post in the off topic thread.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
What we need to win:

A healthy playoff Point.
Vasi to perform above what he showed in April.
Hagel to agitate, initiate, and score. Stop being reactive and deferential!
Make Matthews second guess his bigass shot.
Scare Marner.
Draw retaliation penalties, in particular, get Simmons to try to start a fight but don’t engage him.
Palat to keep the buzz he has finally shown in the last handful of games.

And of course..
18 million in poached LTIR ringers from eliminated teams. You know, like we always do.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Agreed, I also voted Toronto in 6. I just don't see the boys giving the 110% needed every game to outplay Toronto's top line. This will be a series where Matthews will be unstoppable, and Kuch will get frustrated and take dumb penalties and throw blind passes every where.
True.
To be honest it's not hard to imagine that kind of scenario.
It depends also on the fact that, maybe, the Leafs will poo* in their pants...and so it'll help us.
But I don't think in this possibility, this year.
The only thing I believe is what I have seen in the last months or so.

Joanna

Jan 7, 2020
St. Petersburg

Just jump in. I don't get much notice, but it's still interesting to read the comments. Welcome.
I'm a teacher - grew up in Colorado where my Dad was a coach for the Univ. of Denver hockey team. I learned at his knee.
I'm a former Avalanche fanatic during the Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg eras. I say Lightning take it in 6.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Feeling excited on the eve of our quest to 3peat! Love that we are keeping Stammer and Kuch together to ride their hot hands into the playoffs. I agree with the rest of you about keeping this a slower and more physical series in order to beat the Leafs.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
The Mecca of the hockey world vs. the team that won the last two championships.

US national channel for games 1-4? ESPN2 x2 and TBS x2. Two secondary networks. Great deal of respect shown there, that.

Yeah, for worse. TNT is an improvement, ESPN absolutely sucks. If we're not getting Ray Ferraro on the commentary, then we're getting a shit broadcast, especially if/when ESPN insists on putting Buccigross on the commentary for games he absolutely does not deserve to call.
Buccigross is painful. I love Ray Ferraro.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I believe it would be huge to win Game 1. It would increase the pressure on the Leafs ten fold and they don't seem like a team that handles pressure too well.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
What we need to win:

A healthy playoff Point.
Vasi to perform above what he showed in April.
Hagel to agitate, initiate, and score. Stop being reactive and deferential!
Make Matthews second guess his bigass shot.
Scare Marner.
Draw retaliation penalties, in particular, get Simmons to try to start a fight but don’t engage him.
Palat to keep the buzz he has finally shown in the last handful of games.

And of course..
18 million in poached LTIR ringers from eliminated teams. You know, like we always do.

Don't forget number one bullshit.

Also, in seriousness, the playoffs are what we signed guys like Pat Maroon and Corey Perry for. Playoff hockey is a different animal where guys like them can really shine and perform.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
It really has to suck to be Toronto here.
Haven't won shit.
Probably one of the biggest chokes in history in the playoffs in recent memory vs. Boston.
Questionable goaltending.
Lots of scoring but still questionable defense after adding, adding, adding...

Anything less than a finals run is going to be seen as a massive disappointment by everyone, even though they've shown nothing to make anyone think they're on that trajectory.

We're back to back and we're now here, and now we get to play spoiler. I love it.

Welcome, new people!

Reactions: Hoek

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
GO TB CRUSH the FIGS

Perry will be a stud in this round

It really has to suck to be Toronto here.
Haven't won shit.
Probably one of the biggest chokes in history in the playoffs in recent memory vs. Boston.
Questionable goaltending.
Lots of scoring but still questionable defense after adding, adding, adding...

Anything less than a finals run is going to be seen as a massive disappointment by everyone, even though they've shown nothing to make anyone think they're on that trajectory.

We're back to back and we're now here, and now we get to play spoiler. I love it.

Welcome, new people!
and the sad thing they always blame Mitch. yet nostrils had the same points vs habs last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad