2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
@Rhodes 81

The Falcons finally did something smart. Their new defensive coordinator is Ryan Nielsen from the Saints. He spent thr last few years taking a group of relative nobodies and making them good defensive linemen. I bet Atlanta’s defense gets better over the course of next season.
Honestly I am fine with slowly stealing good people from the Saints and replacing all our front office and coaches with them. The Falcons spent the better part of two decades playing worse than the sum of their talent and now they are basically devoid of any outside of Pitts so there's nowhere to go but up

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Honestly I am fine with slowly stealing good people from the Saints and replacing all our front office and coaches with them. The Falcons spent the better part of two decades playing worse than the sum of their talent and now they are basically devoid of any outside of Pitts so there's nowhere to go but up
Nielsen is a very sharp guy. He should be very good once he gets settled.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
do you like Kris Richard? I know Miami hired Fangio, but I have always been intrigued by him

I would imagine he gets promoted to sole DC with the other guy gone though
I am not sure about Richard but only because I don’t know him as well. My youngest has met Nielsen and had dinner with him and they chatted football. My guess is that Richard will do well but it’s more of a guess on my part.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Great hire, reminds me a lot of the Giants coaching staff from this past year. Let an experienced defensive coordinator handle that side and let McDaniel handle everything on the offensive side of the ball. Hackett is going to get utterly chewed up in our matchups in the coaching facet. Makes it even more paramount that the Jets land Rodgers or at the worst Carr.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
If I'm an Eagles fan, I'm licking my lips at a hobbled Mahomes or this porous Bengals OL. The Eagles defense will show up in the Super Bowl, just need better from Hurts two Sundays from now.

Camille the Eel

They call the QB hits all season then today it all changes. Some dumb f**k lands on burrow with all his weight and now that is ok. I would be livid if I was the bengals.
Yeah I feel like Cincinnati must feel the game was half taken from them by the officials. As a neutral fan I hate to see the referees so involved in deciding the outcome. Sure that was a late hit that set up the game winning kick but I’ve seen such plays not be called too, it’s bang bang continuing out of bounds on a scramble. Anyway I wish they’d put the flag away, given all the shit they’d screwed up earlier. Let the kicker decide it if he can without the extra 15 yards.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm not a conspiracy theorist per-say but you gotta at least think MAYBE there are some external influences in football? This sport has the highest amount of "questionable" officiating out of all the major sports when it matters most IMO. Plus you can call some fugazi penalty on almost every play so it's relatively easy to do so.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I'm not a conspiracy theorist per-say but you gotta at least think MAYBE there are some external influences in football? This sport has the highest amount of "questionable" officiating out of all the major sports when it matters most IMO. Plus you can call some fugazi penalty on almost every play so it's relatively easy to do so.
In a sport where holding can be called every play, I’m right there with you with my tin foil hat. Also, after what happened in the NBA w Donaghy, how are we supposed to believe that every ref is totally clean?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I don't argue with your premise that NFL officiating is questionable, but I don't think it's worse than that in the NBA. There, fouls are completely subjective and can be used (by a hypothetical unethical ref) to adjust the score with something close to precision via free throws. And it's less detectable than a biased NFL crew calling bogus holdings on every play would be.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

Yeah, at this point I don’t automatically dismiss people that claim the NFL is rigged, at least in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad