2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I did not expect the Giants to win that game. I knew the Vikings were overrated, but I figured they were still better. Great performances from Saquon and Jones.

Jones in particular has really stepped up and shown his mettle this season. Found another level I didn't think he had.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I mean fair enough I guess

I just don't understand the comments overall. Nobody thought the Dolphins were an actual good team with any shot yesterday....they were like 14 point underdogs!!

The Dolphins still have to get past the perception of the tanking season which is unusual in the NFL. After this year, they will get more respect and with another good draft and offseason can build from this and maybe open some eyes next year. You should be really happy about this year. They did much better in the playoff game than anyone expected. They finish with a relatively young team that can presumably be better next season.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Dolphins still have to get past the perception of the tanking season which is unusual in the NFL. After this year, they will get more respect and with another good draft and offseason can build from this and maybe open some eyes next year. You should be really happy about this year. They did much better in the playoff game than anyone expected. They finish with a relatively young team that can presumably be better next season.

I hate them more than anyone in this thread probably but the Dolphins are fine, they got wrecked by Tua's brain getting caved in twice. The only game he looked off and probably cost them without injury concerns was the Chargers game. They'll be good next year, just not sure how they totally improve that team without a first. I have to look at their cap and contracts but maybe Byron Jones has an out on his contract since the guy is just collecting cash from them at this point but maybe they they trust he gets healthy to play opposite X again next year.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
nah, Byron is gone...something was up with that this year. McDaniel said all summer that they expected him back for week one and then he didnt play at all.

They don't have much cap space at the moment, but cap space is so easy to come by in the NFL. They'll have $30-40 million to spend just with a few simple restructures.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
nah, Byron is gone...something was up with that this year. McDaniel said all summer that they expected him back for week one and then he didnt play at all.

They don't have much cap space at the moment, but cap space is so easy to come by in the NFL. They'll have $30-40 million to spend just with a few simple restructures.

I figured that to be the case because I remember him seeing those reports as well. Not sure what happened because I was pretty terrified of that corner duo when he signed there. Reminded me a lesser version of Revis + Cro in their heyday with the Jets where you had an elite man to man guy with a pick artist. Restructures make sense for them but how much you do them with a core like Miami is up in the air.

Whats the trajectory looking like for Jax? They're future contenders, right? Im developing a soft spot for Lawrence, mostly cause of his hair cut :laugh:

They're probably in that second tier for the future behind Bengals, Bills, Chiefs and will go as far as TLaw takes them. The AFC South is utter dogshit so they should be perennial contenders for it.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Whats the trajectory looking like for Jax? They're future contenders, right? Im developing a soft spot for Lawrence, mostly cause of his hair cut :laugh:
Lawrence looks to be ascending towards being an elite qb. He may already be there. Has s couple more years before he gets real big money. Thats a window they need to take advantage of.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Question- do you think injuries to some depth WRs is the same as injuries to your top 10 QB?
A) you’re wrong on the Giants injuries at that time. It wasnt just depth receivers.

B) you’re moving the goalposts. From injuries are not a excuse. To some injuries are not an excuse.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
so again, you won't answer my simple question, so you're being disingenuous

I've already said I was wrong about the Giants. Jones played great down the stretch and yesterday.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
so again, you won't answer my simple question, so you're being disingenuous

I've already said I was wrong about the Giants. Jones played great down the stretch and yesterday.
Why do i need to answer some strawman question? It’s you who are being disingenuous by asking it.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm the one who already admitted I was wrong on the Giants. You won't answer a simple question and are intimating that all NFL injuries are equal.

Who is being disingenuous again?

Really weird stuff.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I did not expect the Giants to win that game. I knew the Vikings were overrated, but I figured they were still better. Great performances from Saquon and Jones.

Jones in particular has really stepped up and shown his mettle this season. Found another level I didn't think he had.

Credit to Daboll for bringing in a system that plays to Jones strengths.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
what the f*** are you talking about? lmao

the Dolphins had their third string QB and half their team injured and went into the Super Bowl favorite's stadium and lost by 3. The Giants played the team that everyone knew was a huge fraud all year. Totally the same thing!

real weird f***ing post.

How would the Giants have fared with their 3rd string QB? hmm I wonder.
Dam bro, didn’t mean to trigger you with a sarcasm post. You sat there and dished it out to everyone who wasn’t a dolphins fan lol

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Dam bro, didn’t mean to trigger you with a sarcasm post. You sat there and dished it out to everyone who wasn’t a dolphins fan lol

winning a big playoff game and the immediately thinking "I'm gonna go troll that dude on HF" is weird bird shit but to each their own

go Giants or whatever

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Credit to Daboll for bringing in a system that plays to Jones strengths.
Im not sure that is really it. Jones stopped turning the ball over. And he stayed healthy.

I certainly think play design and play calling we’re better but previous coaching staffs did try to run with Jones.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Im not sure that is really it. Jones stopped turning the ball over. And he stayed healthy.

I certainly think play design a play calling we’re better but previous coaching staffs did try to run with Jones.
His game took a step forward as a balanced QB. Career best attempts and completion percentage and ypa. You'd like to see the ypa go up a bit. His TD/INT ration was 3/1 well ahead of past seasons. He did all that even getting sacked more. He also ran more than in past seasons and only fumbled twice. I'll give Jones a lot of credit but the coaches figured something out to help him.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
winning a big playoff game and the immediately thinking "I'm gonna go troll that dude on HF" is weird bird shit but to each their own

go Giants or whatever
I’m not even a giants fan, just think it’s hilarious that you were giving everyone whose not a dolphins fan shit all year lol but once someone bags on the dolphins you turn into a third grader with a temper tantrum

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
His game took a step forward as a balanced QB. Career best attempts and completion percentage and ypa. You'd like to see the ypa go up a bit. His TD/INT ration was 3/1 well ahead of past seasons. He did all that even getting sacked more. He also ran more than in past seasons and only fumbled twice. I'll give Jones a lot of credit but the coaches figured something out to help him.
I definitely give the coaching staff credit. For what though is up for debate.

The fact that he played as well as he did with such pedestrian receivers makes it even more impressive.

The OL while not great is definitely improved though.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’m not sure why being a Jets fan would even mean you’d necessarily like a team that is a Giants rival? I don’t think of Giants and Jets fans as antagonistic.

I'm not totally a fan of the Giants but mostly just indifferent. They have won more in my lifetime but I couldn't care less for the Giants as a "city rival". I have a ton of friends who are Giants fans and they're seem of the best people I regularly talk football with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad