GDT: 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 1 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 4/17/23 MOD Warning post #596

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I preemptively told people a few days ago I’m having a watch party at my place and ONE of the posters on here told me to cancel it because the Kings will lose. You know who you are…

And you might be right...

but I already ordered Pizza..

Last edited:

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
What a depressing GDT. damn Folks! Cheer the f*** up. It’s playoffs.
Jesus Christ, thank you. Some of the same people who complain incessantly (and accurately, FTR) about a lack of toughness are the ones pissing and moaning about the Oilers and bedwetting over Drew's comments and whatever else. C'mon! Be the change you want to see on the Kings. I'm glad we get another crack at Connor and the boys.

1681780198634.png

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Jesus Christ, thank you. Some of the same people who complain incessantly (and accurately, FTR) about a lack of toughness are the ones pissing and moaning about the Oilers and bedwetting over Drew's comments and whatever else. C'mon! Be the change you want to see on the Kings. I'm glad we get another crack at Connor and the boys.

View attachment 690377
Id be the change i want to see but id be arrested for assault

Reactions: Rick Knickleback

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
All this talk about Doughty saying they need to target McDavid is ridiculous. Didn't McDavid say that their game plan was to go after the Kings' top players? Not injure (I assume), but to make life hell for them. Don't see how what Drew said was any different.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
All this talk about Doughty saying they need to target McDavid is ridiculous. Didn't McDavid say that their game plan was to go after the Kings' top players? Not injure (I assume), but to make life hell for them. Don't see how what Drew said was any different.
Where are you seeing this outrage?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Gonna have to weather the storm for the first few minutes, then hopefully get into our game, whatever that may be today
That's how they lost the last two games against the Oilers.

This is a team you have to punch in the mouth to force into a negative, overly emotional reaction in front of overly emotional fans to take the series lead. You can't just hand the Oil the front foot, you have to make them adapt to you to exploit their weaknesses. If you try to survive you are just keeping a likely loss closer on the boxscore.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

This is a team you have to punch in the mouth to force into a negative, overly emotional reaction in front of overly emotional fans to take the series lead. You can't just hand the Oil the front foot, you have to make them adapt to you to exploit their weaknesses. If you try to survive you are just keeping a likely loss closer on the boxscore.

1000% this.

If the Kings play passive, play not to lose Todd McLellan hockey, they will lose. Period.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023

With a heavy dose of punch in the mouth

bland

Jul 1, 2004
1000% this.

If the Kings play passive, play not to lose Todd McLellan hockey, they will lose. Period.
Think Mike Richards in Game 1 in Vancouver.

You spot a team just a nudge or two away from full tilt due to the fans and media who are salivating over themselves that "this is the year for McJordantzky", and you spit in their eye. Its such an advantage. Make them react, this team will not handle it well.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Those previous two games could have gone either way though. Oilers only scored 1 even strength goal in 6 periods.

How realistic is it to even think the Kings could come out and punch them in the mouth? They don't have the personnel. They're out gunned.

LA's best chance is still to grind it out in a defensive stalemate even if it favors the Oilers to a degree.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
How many times in the playoffs have a less skilled team take a supremely talented team completely off thier game just by intense physical play. Ive seen series won like this-the game will always lend itself to this

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Drew's comments are the first time I've heard the kings act like they had any swagger all year. Whether it fires Edmonton up is utterly irrelevant. What matters is whether or not the kings actually follow through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad