GDT: 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 1 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 4/17/23 MOD Warning post #596

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think on the road if you must play Edler and Durzi - Id split them up: 2nd pair: gavrikov Durzi, 3rd Edler roy.. then they cant just last change you into hell

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The Kings don’t have a single player capable of making that impact, sadly.

It’s going to be reactionary, emotionless hockey from the Kings for the most part, I wager.

I really would love to be proven wrong & for Kupari or Grundstrom to show up with some series-altering violent play, but there just isn’t anyone on this roster that has that fire.

Makes a guy really wish Turcotte could have even caught a halfway decent break on his health, because that’s about the only player in the organization (maybe Clarke too) who has even a little bit of that “f*** you, I’m here now” attitude.
Its not even violence, its about dictating pace, letting the opposition know that they are sucking hind tit and forcing a reaction that allows you to have a mental advantage for game 2 with them stewing in that media quagmire for a couple of days.

Winning a game is one thing, taking emotional control of the series is a different thing entirely.

I can see Moore and Grundstrom coming out strong - again - and the key will be Kopitar's line showing some heart instead of living to die another shift.

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Its not even violence, its about dictating pace, letting the opposition know that they are sucking hind tit and forcing a reaction that allows you to have a mental advantage for game 2 with them stewing in that media quagmire for a couple of days.

Winning a game is one thing, taking emotional control of the series is a different thing entirely.

I can see Moore and Grundstrom coming out strong - again - and the key will be Kopitar's line showing some heart instead of living to die another shift.

It’s the same thing the Sutter teams did. Finished every check, hounded you on the forecheck, and leaned on you with units like King at every opportunity.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Sucks, we got injuries again. Team was positioning themselves to be a hard out.... but Vilardi, Fiala are big holes to fill. Grundstrum\Byfield\Kaliyev need to step up. Bottom 6 looks weak.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
This series is Byfield’s opportunity to begin growing into an impact player in this league. Even if they ultimately lose, he is in the position to leave his mark on every shift and force teams to game plan for him rather than Kopitar/Kempe.

If he has another snoozefest 0-2-2 statline, hard to get excited about him going forward.

Reactions: chris kontos

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

… a little violence never hurt, either.

EmuRidingLuffy

Jun 4, 2022
QLD, Australia
all i want out of this series is some great reactionary shit posting, since i expect the Kings to get swept or lose in 5 with no Swiss Prince or Gabe.
reactionary. shit posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad