GDT: 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 1 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 4/17/23 MOD Warning post #596

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Crazy thing is, I don't even know how helpful Fiala would be if he did come back given he'd be returning from a knee injury of some kind and not at all in game shape.

It'd be nice if Byfield, Kaliyev, Grundstrom, Kupari......they could take this opportunity to, you know....get paid?

What would cause Kings fan here to meltdown more....McDavid boarding Anderson again.......or Copley starting game 2?
Durzi playing 25:00.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
It's a mystery.

He had an awkward fall into the boards from a check IIRC. But the Kings haven't really said anything specific about what got injured.
Upper body? If they are silent about it. It's probably a concussion or shoulder related

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I predict Mikey will sever McDavid's Achilles, roundhouse kick Drai's jugular, and suplex RNH leading to paralysis from the neck down.
Hopefully that’s just for game one and there’s more to come lol

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
The Kings couldn't generate enough scoring chances. That's why they lost last year.

It's the same reason they lost against Vegas, and it's likely the same reason they'll lose this series as well.
Nah....I've been told Kings were just a few bounces away from advancing :sarcasm:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Reactions: chris kontos

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
the first playoff game is always tricky. now imagine lak winning this one, with some key players missing. ideal scenario, but it can realistically happen. consequences: lak locker room will grow massively, while oilers will be edging existential crisis. it's a huge game if it goes well, but also no big problem if lak loses, until attitude is there. and with anže & drew in there, i believe attitude will be 100%. without proper attitude they cannot dream of becoming true contenders.
The Kings won Game 1 last year and went on to lose the next two games by a combined 12 goals.

Reactions: mrkolice

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

1681768242902.png

Reactions: Schrute farms

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He got manhandled into the boards, flying in back first. Played one game after that and then mothballs.

I've been wondering about that injury. There were 4 days off after he went into the boards, then he played again. I thought it was a separate one that happen in the next game.

Edit: Valardi played 18 shift and just over 13:30 in the game vs the Jets . He was out there when lizzo got the major late in the 2nd and look fine. H e even took a bump into the glass right before. That all I could find.

Last edited:

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
No Fiala, no Vilardi, and no physicality. If LA wins, they overcame adversity. If they lose, they had key injuries.

Personally I love this setup, no sarcasm. Watching the team win 2 Stanley Cups in my lifetime is not something I'd have thought would happen. Didn't really care what happened last year and don't really care what happens this year.

LA in 5 and Edmonton uses all their fans tears as a sustainable replacement to water their agriculture.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
I think the medical staff has to come into question, Moore, Fiala, and Vilardi all went out then came back and then went back out again. Maybe it happened to Kaliyev as well? Can't remember. But that's pretty crazy, especially when there was no need to rush back any of them.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
No Fiala, no Vilardi, and no physicality. If LA wins, they overcame adversity. If they lose, they had key injuries.

Personally I love this setup, no sarcasm. Watching the team win 2 Stanley Cups in my lifetime is not something I'd have thought would happen. Didn't really care what happened last year and don't really care what happens this year.

LA in 5 and Edmonton uses all their fans tears as a sustainable replacement to water their agriculture.
I absolutely f***ing hate it. Blake gets another free pass due to the injury excuse while getting to say they were a 100 point team.

Of course, every playoff team in the West has 100 points except Winnipeg so that isn't as impressive as it usually sounds.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Anybody getting a torta?
Bro who started this ? Wow I totally forgot about the holy food

I absolutely f***ing hate it. Blake gets another free pass due to the injury excuse while getting to say they were a 100 point team.

Of course, every playoff team in the West has 100 points except Winnipeg so that isn't as impressive as it usually sounds.
I think if the Kings get embarrassed and it’s no contest. Heads will roll.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Please just no dumb penalties and stay out of the penalty box as much as possible. When we get the rare, PP -- need to make them pay by actually freaking scoring. If those two things happen, and we get good goalkeeping, then we have a chance and could make the world better again by having the Oiler go home in round 1. Otherwise, no chance at all.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think the medical staff has to come into question, Moore, Fiala, and Vilardi all went out then came back and then went back out again. Maybe it happened to Kaliyev as well? Can't remember. But that's pretty crazy, especially when there was no need to rush back any of them.
The medical staff is aids. I can’t remember a time when so many players were rushed back for no reason. It’s Todd’s fault too because he knew their condition and decided to play them even if the medical staffs stupidity cleared them.

Reactions: Maynard

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
The Kings have no one to retaliate or do anything. Thank Rob Blake.

Durzi is the toughest player when MacEwen isn't in the line-up. And the next toughest is the leading goal scorer. Pretty pathetic.
Especially after my boy doughty gave em bulliten board material comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad