GDT: 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 1 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 4/17/23 MOD Warning post #596

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Smith had close to .940 save percentage in round 1 last season. He was a big reason the Oilers beat the Kings. Who knows what Skinner does? Hopefully, he pulls a Jim Carey and stinks after a good regular season.
But he also did Mike Smith things.

I can't remember one good scoring chance in Game 7 for the Kings.

He was not a big reason they beat the Kings last year, IMO.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Lisa Dillman is saying JAD is back in, but Twitter won't let me copy the link to her tweet
Her account is protected.

I'm going to give Todd the benefit of the doubt. I can't possibly imagine he would have MacEwen in the lineup tonight.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Tonight is like most things in life: Keep your hopes high but your expectations low.
That’s where I’m at. Seems like a repeat of last season except Edmonton is better and our best players aren’t healthy yet again.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
But he also did Mike Smith things.

I can't remember one good scoring chance in Game 7 for the Kings.

He was not a big reason they beat the Kings last year, IMO.
The Kings couldn't generate enough scoring chances. That's why they lost last year.

It's the same reason they lost against Vegas, and it's likely the same reason they'll lose this series as well.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
f*** Drew, I like that the team is thinking this but no bulletin board shit.

Watch the clip, he barely said a f***ing thing, it's just typical canadian media mountain out of molehill shit, it was barely a moment in passing but they asked him directly about it, he went on to give a thoughtful answer about staying in the game and not taking dumb penalties, and they microfocused on that line alone.

I was half joking but I'd be happy if they didn't have to go in front of the dumbass media up there at all because they would clip three words from a 100 word answer and act like it's an honest quote

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Pissed that it's two years in a row going in without two top players. I think this is going to be a nasty series, but I hope it's not all one-sided. I just want to see some fight.

Reactions: Byfield

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The Kings couldn't generate enough scoring chances. That's why they lost last year.

It's the same reason they lost against Vegas, and it's likely the same reason they'll lose this series as well.
Yep. Special teams were inept as well. It's rough when you've got Roy out there in Game 5 playing the point on the PP.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The Oilers bullied the Kings in the last game - even RNH was bullying guys.

Now they are rolling out Kane, Nurse, Kostin, Bjugstad, and Desharnais and we are rolling out Kempe and Durzi as our toughness.

See you in the summer Rob Blake! Take off the pink skirt and sign or trade for some players with balls.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I mean there are a lot of concerns but I try to focus on the simple things: It is playoff hockey and the Kings are participating.
The NHL playoffs, especially the first round, is so much fun. I'm gonna try not to get too nervous or mad about this and just enjoy it, we've waited all season for this.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
So I guess now everyone will wonder if those guys will play if the Kings fall behind in the series. I wish they’d just say they’re done for the season so everyone could move on. I fail to see how these “mind games” work against the opponent. They’re going to prepare for the Kings best lineup and if those players aren’t available, even better. All this does is torture the fans. Maybe that’s the point?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Watch the clip, he barely said a f***ing thing, it's just typical canadian media mountain out of molehill shit, it was barely a moment in passing but they asked him directly about it, he went on to give a thoughtful answer about staying in the game and not taking dumb penalties, and they microfocused on that line alone.

I was half joking but I'd be happy if they didn't have to go in front of the dumbass media up there at all because they would clip three words from a 100 word answer and act like it's an honest quote
still, media makes a mountain and that mountain can stir shit up all the same.

So I guess now everyone will wonder if those guys will play if the Kings fall behind in the series. I wish they’d just say they’re done for the season so everyone could move on. I fail to see how these “mind games” work against the opponent. They’re going to prepare for the Kings best lineup and if those players aren’t available, even better. All this does is torture the fans. Maybe that’s the point?
or maybe they are actually close. I feel that way with Vilardi anyway.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
I was so happy when the Karaken took MacDermid....but now lamenting that some and
wishing he was line 4 tonight for the Kings.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kevin Bieska told me when he superman punched Andreoff, MacDermid was hunting him down all game challenging him.

There are things that like that we don't see...including in last years playoffs Lemieux staying after the pre-game skate as was Kane. It was a mental battle. Neither would go to the dressing room.

Also, after every face-off either Kassian or Lemieux was challenging each other.

Kassian then drilled Byfield with that hit and then Lemieux went after Barrie.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Kevin Bieska told me when he superman punched Andreoff, MacDermid was hunting him down all game challenging him.

There are things that like that we don't see...including in last years playoffs Lemieux staying after the pre-game skate as was Kane. It was a mental battle. Neither would go to the dressing room.

Also, after every face-off either Kassian or Lemieux was challenging each other.

Kassian then drilled Byfield with that hit and then Lemieux went after Barrie.
Now neither one are playing playoff hockey.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
the first playoff game is always tricky. now imagine lak winning this one, with some key players missing. ideal scenario, but it can realistically happen. consequences: lak locker room will grow massively, while oilers will be edging existential crisis. it's a huge game if it goes well, but also no big problem if lak loses, until attitude is there. and with anže & drew in there, i believe attitude will be 100%. without proper attitude they cannot dream of becoming true contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad