Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Wonder if Minty makes a strong case to make the team next year. I know he still needs to work on things to be able to compete on the NHL level.

It’s kinda crazy with how bad our current D is, we likely have the deepest and most hopeful D prospect pool in the league. Just gotta be patient.

I saw the PV thread resurrected and re-read a couple of my posts on the last page. I'm spot on when I wrote that it doesn't matter what forwards we get if we don't address the blueline properly and it'll be a long season. LoL

We do have a lot of potential on the blueline that we just have to wait to mature some. Next season is gonna be exciting at the AHL level and maybe the NHL level if we win the lottery as well as get both NCAA boys to sign. Not looking at wins and losses next year, just more development.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wonder if Minty makes a strong case to make the team next year. I know he still needs to work on things to be able to compete on the NHL level.

It’s kinda crazy with how bad our current D is, we likely have the deepest and most hopeful D prospect pool in the league. Just gotta be patient.
I’ve said it since draft day he’ll def see nhl time next year(and I wouldn’t be shocked if he sticks up here).

Gulls hypothetically get zellweger thrun lacombe and hinds(I think )

Reactions: Leonardo87

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
What a joke. He has more NHL games played then McTavish does.
He isn't using anything concrete to judge a prospect vs. an NHL player, just his general feeling on if a player probably isn't going back to the minors again. In this case I think he's right.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He isn't using anything concrete to judge a prospect vs. an NHL player, just his general feeling on if a player probably isn't going back to the minors again. In this case I think he's right.

Except, McTavish doesn't have that option of going down to the AHL due to his age. So we had to develop McTavish on the fly at the NHL level.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Which is even more of a reason to believe McTavish is no longer a prospect. He's an NHL player now.

Eh... McTavish is an NHL player for Wheeler's pool ranking. McTavish is still a prospect learning how to play at the NHL level. 23 year old Regenda was sent to the AHL because the option existed. Regenda looked good better than some of our players, but was still sent down. We don't have that luxury available for us with McTavish.

Zegras had a whole off-season after his 24-game NHL stint to acclimate himself to the pro level. Even in Zegras' 24-game NHL stint, it was split into two parts: start in the AHL as a wing and then NHL as a wing; then start in the AHL as a center and start in the NHL as a center. Lindholm spent a season in the AHL before going to the NHL.

Zegras, NHL
D+2: 24 games, 54.2 ppg​
D+3: 75 games, 81.3 ppg​
D+4: 50 games, 84.0 ppg​

McTavish, NHL
D+2: 49 games, 57.1 ppg​

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
There are some U23 core evaluation lists around, I think it's in the same the Athletic. Those are much better representations of the state of the franchise's future.

I have no problem with how Wheeler lists those prospects, but if we compare just prospect lists like that, it's about seeing ''who else will this franchise have in the future to come in and make a difference'' instead of ''this is how well they are building for the future''. Have to set those expectations straight with these lists.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Well Kane was 3 years younger but thats still good

EDIT: there's one player that comes to mind that also got 130 points in his D+2 year, his name is Corey Perry. Albeit Pears had a better frame, a more translatable ''you will hate me and I will score goals whatever means necessary from your netfront'' type of a game and also his D+1 was far better than Pastujovs. And Pastas current stint which still isn't a full season.

But you know, if Pasta can be half as good as Pears, then we get a good one in the 3rd round.

Last edited:

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Well Kane was 3 years younger but thats still good

EDIT: there's one player that comes to mind that also got 130 points in his D+2 year, his name is Corey Perry. Albeit Pears had a better frame, a more translatable ''you will hate me and I will score goals whatever means necessary from your netfront'' type of a game and also his D+1 was far better than Pastujovs. And Pastas current stint which still isn't a full season.

But you know, if Pasta can be half as good as Pears, then we get a good one in the 3rd round.
I wish my nickname was worm also 😔

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He's added a couple more assists, now 0+3 in an 11-3 rout. He's up to 52 points in 46 games.

Rakell trade for two unknowns, fringe NHLers, prospect G Clang, and 2022 2nd round pick, D Luneau. The trade is looking good so far, considering Strome is assuming Rakell's role - providing offense and very little defense.

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad