Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Can't wait for Mintyukov to run the Anaheim powerplay unit. Mintyukov turning into a 1D would make it okay if Drysdale turns into only a 2nd pair Dman.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Paywall. What are the biggest takeaways? Any predictions on how is offense will develop?
Grrr on paywalls.

Dedicated, hard worker, focused on career. 6'3", 210 pounds, 8.3% body fat. Not too much discussion that you won't find if you dig through the Internet. The article was by Scott Wheeler, so you can take it or leave it based upon your opinion of Wheeler.

“He’s one of the strongest centers playing in our league. He can do everything in our league. On the power play, in front of the net, penalty killing, skating, faceoffs. He’s one of the best in our league at all of those things,”

“You can see right away the respect he brings, his work ethic in practice, the way he acts to prepare for anything we’re doing during the day. He’s always the first guy in for everything. Breakfast, lunch, meeting, practice, whatever, he’s always there,”

“He has a big heart. He’s a very good kid, he’s a very positive guy, he likes to sign autographs and work with the young kids after practices and games."

The only specific discussion on offense was not a prediction, but a history of what he has done over the past three seasons.

"On a Remparts team that has been virtually unbeatable with him in the lineup, he’d registered 14 goals and 29 points in the 24 games he played before leaving Quebec City to re-join Team Canada."

"Some of that progress has already been made with the help of the Ducks, too. Since getting picked, they’ve been in constant communication with him. They’ve also arranged for him to do some power skating with a company from Toronto."

Reactions: tomd and Zegras11

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
“You can see right away the respect he brings, his work ethic in practice, the way he acts to prepare for anything we’re doing during the day. He’s always the first guy in for everything. Breakfast, lunch, meeting, practice, whatever, he’s always there,”
That seems to be something similar with a lot of recent picks on the Ducks. In addition to being able to play hockey, they are drafting guys with character and work ethic. Hopefully this translates to a team culture thing in the future... once this crop of kids become leaders for a new crop, they'll instill this work ethic in them. Assuming a lot of these kids become NHL players that is.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Grrr on paywalls.

Dedicated, hard worker, focused on career. 6'3", 210 pounds, 8.3% body fat. Not too much discussion that you won't find if you dig through the Internet. The article was by Scott Wheeler, so you can take it or leave it based upon your opinion of Wheeler.

"Some of that progress has already been made with the help of the Ducks, too. Since getting picked, they’ve been in constant communication with him. They’ve also arranged for him to do some power skating with a company from Toronto."

The piece of info worthwhile was the Ducks assigning Gaucher with a skate training company. Improving his turns and getting out quickly from that turn will help him out at the NHL level.

On a tangent, is Barb Hill still training Pasta since Pasta's been traded or is Pasta being trained by another company?

Reactions: Beckett and Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Anaheim picked Gaucher to be their future shutdown center who's value will be more realized in playoff type environments

That's a good spin, even I stated something similar. It's early, but if Kulich and Snuggerud take off in the NHL, then it's gonna be difficult to wanting a shutdown C for the far future when the team could use potential top-6 scoring forwards.

Verbeek went with a safe pick in Gaucher for his first drafted forward. All we can do is hope for the best and that his shutdown, physical play will outshine any top-6 scoring forwards drafted after him. The team helping Gaucher improve his skating will hopefully lead to a long NHL career.

Reactions: tomd

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I think there is solid offense present in Gauchers game. It just doesn’t show as well on stats sheets because he has been relegated to pp2. I think he could likely become a player similar to Joel Eriksson Ek in terms of impact. Although Ek doesn’t have the center talent pushing him down the line up that Gaucher will. He has tons comparable of success stories that show his lowish production is of no concern.

Oct 18, 2011
I think there is solid offense present in Gauchers game. It just doesn’t show as well on stats sheets because he has been relegated to pp2. I think he could likely become a player similar to Joel Eriksson Ek in terms of impact. Although Ek doesn’t have the center talent pushing him down the line up that Gaucher will. He has tons comparable of success stories that show his lowish production is of no concern.
Gauchers offense is going to come from the dirty areas which I'm perfectly fine with. Look how soft this team is and how little netfront presence it has...I see Gaucher becoming one of those type of guys

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
My projection for Gaucher, personally, is that he either plays top 6 minutes on the wing to create space, win board battles and pick up dirty goals in front of the crease--or that he takes on a checking role at center. I think he can probably be effective at either and it will depend more on what the team needs.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Agreeing to look like lundestrom is getting either pushed out of the line up or moved to the wing here in the future

I think it may be Gaucher playing the wing. He can take draws on the right side in the process. Him and Lundy together could make a pretty good two-way line down the road.

I hate to temper offensive expectations on guys both drafted in the 1st round, but maybe the organization wants to find that strong matchup 3rd line like the good old days, and let Z, Terry and McTavish lead the top 6 for years to come.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Russian kid playing in the CHL on an American team that was in last place. Perfect recipe for his hype to be lower that it should have been.

That and having only one season in the CHL due to COVID shutdown for the OHL after playing in Russia. Not a lot of scoring history and scouting when compared to Canadians Korchinski and Mateychuk. All three are high scoring defensemen in the CHL and a tier below two-way D's Nemec and Jiricek.

Reactions: Kalv

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
The Ducks have had 3-4 prospects on the last 3 WJC gold teams

2021: Zegras, Thrun, Lacombe, and Helleson

2022: McTavish, Gaucher, Zellweger

2023: Zellweger, Gaucher, Hinds

Add to this if the Ducks get the privilege of drafting Fantilli or Bedard. If they get Bedard then that means the Ducks will own the last 3 MVPs lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad