Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I said Guhle sucked the first time I saw him and most on here just thought I was complaining because we traded Montour, dude was only a good skater north/south and that doesn't cut it as a defensemen in the NHL. Glad we moved on from him and Larsson.
Everyone on this board was excited about his tools but he consistently showed lack of awareness and my biggest issue was that he was soft. I remember when he would get manhandled by Garland in front of the net when he was a Coyote and knew right then he wouldn't make it.

I wonder if his brother will also bust... he is being tremendously hyped by the Canadians, but probably because they passed on Schneider and they are hoping that they didn't make a mistake.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck and bsu

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Everyone on this board was excited about his tools but he consistently showed lack of awareness and my biggest issue was that he was soft. I remember when he would get manhandled by Garland in front of the net when he was a Coyote and knew right then he wouldn't make it.

I wonder if his brother will also bust... he is being tremendously hyped by the Canadians, but probably because they passed on Schneider and they are hoping that they didn't make a mistake.
Canadian fans overhype every player they get even if it's in the 4th round :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: cheesymc

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA

Canadien fans would hype a shiny ball of poop if they drafted it.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Top 7 in front of McTavish are:
1. Power
2. Beniers
3. Sanderson
4. Hughes
5. Wright
6. Slafkovsky
7. Edvinsson
Switch Edvinsson and Sanderson and then switch Slaf and Hughes and it's decent.

Oct 18, 2011
Don’t have a link but watching the nhl network right now, and they’re ranking the top 50 prospects in the league. McTavish (8th) and Zellweger (33rd) both on it.
It's amazing how McTavish is valued by professionals and by HF posters. I feel like people won't let go of him being a "reach" when he really wasn't at all

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It's amazing how McTavish is valued by professionals and by HF posters. I feel like people won't let go of him being a "reach" when he really wasn't at all

We really don't know until he performs at the NHL level. Just before the draft, McTavish was still considered a reach pick by the consensus.

2021 Draft Projections: McTavish
McTavish.Draft day.
Scouting Media, 20214-Jun23-JulDiff
Consolidated Ranking1486
Elite Prospects550
FC Hockey15105
Neutral Zone21912
McKeen's Hockey1679
NHL Central Scouting (NA)220
Sportsnet's981
Recruit Scouting1798
Dobber Prospects291118
Draft Prospects1495
Smaht Scouting321319
The Puck Authority17116
TSN/McKenzie1147

I don't mind people thinking it's a reach pick. If the pick pans out, then it reveals how great our scouting staff is. Right now, things are looking great for McTavish outside the NHL.

Lindholm was a reach pick by the consensus and that worked out for us.
Seider was a reach pick by the consensus and that worked out for Detroit.
McTavish was a reach pick by the consensus and ...
Zellweger was a reach pick by the consensus and ...

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
We really don't know until he performs at the NHL level. Just before the draft, McTavish was still considered a reach pick by the consensus.

2021 Draft Projections: McTavish
McTavish.Draft day.
Scouting Media, 20214-Jun23-JulDiff
Consolidated Ranking1486
Elite Prospects550
FC Hockey15105
Neutral Zone21912
McKeen's Hockey1679
NHL Central Scouting (NA)220
Sportsnet's981
Recruit Scouting1798
Dobber Prospects291118
Draft Prospects1495
Smaht Scouting321319
The Puck Authority17116
TSN/McKenzie1147

I don't mind people thinking it's a reach pick. If the pick pans out, then it reveals how great our scouting staff is. Right now, things are looking great for McTavish outside the NHL.

Lindholm was a reach pick by the consensus and that worked out for us.
Seider was a reach pick by the consensus and that worked out for Detroit.
McTavish was a reach pick by the consensus and ...
Zellweger was a reach pick by the consensus and ...

Zellweger was a reach? I thought he was projected to go in 2nd round?

Reactions: Kalv

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The problem with these prospect articles is the recency bias. 5 of the top 10 listed here are from this draft. I don’t really believe that 5 guys just drafted are among the top 10 prospects in the league when you look at who else is still eligible.
He has byfield 15…. I stopped reading there, surprised he didn’t have turcotte at 20, maybe he did, I stopped reading

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He has byfield 15…. I stopped reading there, surprised he didn’t have turcotte at 20, maybe he did, I stopped reading
He's 19 years old, Byfield at #15 ain't that bad. He hasn't been as impressive as his peers but he has super high upside if he ever puts it together, there's many more listed that are worst takes IMO (I've never been a huge Byfield fan, I said it even before the Kings got the #2 pick).

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Edvinsson should be top 5, McTavish top 10. I would take Edvinsson over Hughes personally but a team with no/barely any dynamic defensemen might differ.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Edvinsson should be top 5, McTavish top 10. I would take Edvinsson over Hughes personally but a team with no/barely any dynamic defensemen might differ.
I’d agree with that(Edvinsson over hughes)…. He’s prob the best dmen not currently in the nhl behind power imo.

I’d have him comfortably above hughes, nemec , sanderson and Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad