Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Zellweger finished tonight with an assist, four shots. The rare midweek back to back.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Mintyukov ties the game late then assists on the go ahead goal a minute later. Late game heroics.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Our journey starts with the one of the WHL's all-time great beatdowns, propelled by the man who single-handedly breakdowns entire teams like no other blue-liner in the CHL – Olen Zellweger.

Zellweger, the reigning WHL defenceman of the year, was on the ice for 55 of Everett’s shots and just seven of Edmonton’s

Zellweger’s defensive value. He’s probably the second-best rush defender in the WHL after Denton Mateychuk. He’s extremely aggressive, exploding to the middle to force an attacker outside, then closing space before the opponent can blink. He looks like a clear top-four defenceman with perhaps top-pairing ability. This won’t be the last beatdown he lays on an entire team.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Gaucher scores late, now 9+8 in 15
Why am I not that impressed with that stat line as good as Gaucher is in the Q. He also got a NHL camp and is bigger than anyone everyone. He might be taking both ends of the ice seriously tho if that's what the coaching staff told him to focus on.

Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Why am I not that impressed with that stat line as good as Gaucher is in the Q. He also got a NHL camp and is bigger than anyone everyone. He might be taking both ends of the ice seriously tho if that's what the coaching staff told him to focus on.
He is not utilized as the offensive focal point on his team and is frequently deployed as the matchup center. I don't think there is much to quibble about his season so far, he's been very good.

Lacombe has added an assist for Minnesota.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Lacombe is leading Minnesota in scoring with 3+8 in 8.5 games. Setting himself up to go to any franchise he wants if he so chooses.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He is not utilized as the offensive focal point on his team and is frequently deployed as the matchup center. I don't think there is much to quibble about his season so far, he's been very good.

Lacombe has added an assist for Minnesota.
That's fine and dandy but he was a first round pick playing in the Q... Do you know any of these players above him?

Screenshot_20221104-185502.png

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
The majority of those players are at least a year older than gaucher. The stats really don't tell the whole story with how gaucher is utilized anyway.
I mean he stood out against nhl prospects. He was great in camp. I expected higher production in the Q for a first rounder especially for a player that was standing out physically in camp like he was.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lacombe is leading Minnesota in scoring with 3+8 in 8.5 games. Setting himself up to go to any franchise he wants if he so chooses.

It's a good thing he did tell us that we had nothing to worry about at the dev camp. I'm so happy that his offense finally came to life to start the season instead of waiting like a dozen games in before turning on the offense.

Whoa. LaCombe is tied for first in scoring with Minny. Snuggerud caught up with him with 2 goals tonight. Snuggerud was one of the players I wanted instead of the safe Gaucher pick b/c of his upside in scoring. I wanted the upside of Snuggerud, Kulich, or Lambert. I think I'm happy to have a Robby Nieds clone, who can play that shutdown role, can pitch in offensively, and can throw down. We can't do anything about it now. Anyhow, we have a Pahlsson replica in Lundy. The only piece missing is a Moen. Maybe that could be Groulx or Lopina?

Reactions: Static

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
I mean he stood out against nhl prospects. He was great in camp. I expected higher production in the Q for a first rounder especially for a player that was standing out physically in camp like he was.
The dudes just never been a big point producer he was barely a PPG player the year before his draft year and in his draft year he regressed to quite a bit below a PPG.

I think he focuses a lot on being defensively sound over putting up points which is great and I think his coach in the Q also deploys him in that role primarily, so the fact he's still putting up a good amount of points is a good sign, it might not be top of the league or anything but it is a big uptick from his production last year

As you said though he was great in camp and certainly looked like he could hang with the big boys so I'm not too concerned about him not putting up an absurd amount of points

Reactions: Kalv

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
The Remparts are pretty much stacked on offense. In most teams Gaucher would be a first liner and on the first PP but in Quebec he’s on the 2nd line and on the 2nd PP. He’d probably have more points elsewhere.

You can’t only rely on points to judge him. His game is so much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad