Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LePerilsofPerreault

Mar 20, 2022
Tryna get away, man
There were a lot of players I would have preferred. Gaucher fits what we need atleast, hopefully we can improve his skating agility.
Definitely, I think he has a good shot to make the team next year. I liked Yurov as well pre-draft so it could sting in a few years if we’re still bad and don’t maximize Gaucher by having a deep team around him where he could become an x-factor floating in the lineup.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I don't get the people that complain that the roster is soft, then preferred another skill guy to Gaucher. He is exactly what this team needs.
Since the first round is the only place to find a player like that.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't get the people that complain that the roster is soft, then preferred another skill guy to Gaucher. He is exactly what this team needs.

Since the first round is the only place to find a player like that.

Both are true.

=== LotR Version ===
:popcorn: Read at your own risk! :popcorn:

We're lacking top-6 forward talent when looking forward and usually top-6 talent are nabbed in the first round. In the AHL, Perreault and Tracey aren't highly praised to be future NHL'ers. Not in the AHL, the Ducks are trying to bank on quicksand Pastujov and the enigma of Colangelo.

Gaucher has a high floor to make the NHL, but that ceiling may not be high (limited to bottom-6 role). At the rookie exhibition, Gaucher showed he's a willing and aggressive pugilist. Gaucher has great straight line speed and can score. He's like a scoring Max Jones who can't turn on a dime, but be a better figher. Max Jones was a late first round pick as well.

There were other prospects that have higher ceilings such as C Lambert, C Kulich, RW Snuggerud, or RW Yurov.

22. C Gaucher: 6'3 and 207 lbs​
23. RW Snuggerud: 6'1 and 188 lbs​
24. RW Yurov: 6'1 and 178 lbs​
28. C Kulich: 6'0 and 182 lbs​
31. C Lambert: 6'0 and 183 lbs​

The context needed would be, "Does Verbeek think we have the type of bottom-6 player like Gaucher in our system?" I thought we already did with both C Groulx and C Lopina, but Verbeek does not. Maybe Verbeek thinks there's a higher ceiling to Gaucher. Oddly, many on this board think Gaucher's path to the NHL will be at wing.

It's a bit weird on the selection of Gaucher considering how many picks we have this past draft and next past draft. There are potential top-6 talents drafted behind Gaucher. Grabbing top-6 potential with extra picks makes a lot of sense to take a swing on since top-6 forwards can sway games more than bottom-6 players. I think Verbeek went conservative with his first forward selection and wanted an NHL product into the future.

Right now, Gaucher seems to be blossoming a bit more. Maybe being a part of the WJC-20 team Canada helped him see the game differently. Gaucher's producing. Can't complain right now. We can look back at this pick years from now. At this early point, it looks like Verbeek did well.

Reactions: LePerilsofPerreault

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Prospect update, pt 1

Oct242022
NANon-proDuckProspects
RdFirst NameLast NamePosLeagueTeamGPGAPts.Plus/ minusPPG/ GAA
2​
OlenZellwegerLHDWHLEverett
7​
5​
5​
10​
1​
1.43​
4​
BenKingCWHLRed Deer
5​
5​
5​
10​
4​
2.00​
3​
SashaPastujovRWOHLGuelph
6​
5​
2​
7​
-1​
1.17​
3​
TysonHindsLHDQMJHLRimouski
10​
4​
6​
10​
9​
1.00​
5​
SeanTschigerlLWWHLCalgary
8​
1​
8​
9​
0​
1.13​
1​
PavelMintyukovLHDOHLSaginaw
10​
5​
10​
15​
7​
1.50​
1​
NathanGaucherCQMJHLQuebec
10​
6​
5​
11​
5​
1.10​
2​
NoahWarrenRHDQMJHLGatineau
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
#DIV/0!​
2​
TristanLuneauRHDQMJHLGatineau
10​
2​
5​
7​
6​
0.70​
5​
ConnorHvidstonLWWHLSwift
7​
2​
5​
7​
-4​
1.00​
5​
GageAlexanderGWHLSwift
4​
0​
0​
0​
0.855​
4.38​
5​
MichaelCallowCUSHLMuskegon
8​
3​
1​
4​
-2​
0.50​
7​
EthanBowenCBCHLChilliwack
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
#DIV/0!​
2​
SamColangeloRWNCAANortheastern
6​
1​
3​
4​
-2​
0.67​
4​
WillFrancisRHDNCAAMinn-Duluth
6​
0​
0​
0​
-3​
0.00​
5​
TrevorJanickeFNCAANotre Dame
6​
2​
3​
5​
0​
0.83​
3​
IanMooreRHDNCAAHarvard
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
#DIV/0!​
4​
HenryThrunLHDNCAAHarvard
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
#DIV/0!​
2​
JacksonLaCombeLHDNCAAMinnesota
6​
1​
6​
7​
3​
1.17​
4​
JackPerbixRWNCAAW. Michigan
7​
0​
4​
4​
1​
0.57​
6​
KyleKukkonenCNCAAMichigan Tech
5​
2​
2​
4​
-1​
0.80​

* RD Warren is probably still in recovery mode from his surgery and has not suited up for his junior team yet.

* Harvard has played only scrimmages. Thrun and Moore's first regular season game starts this week on Oct 28th, a Friday.

* The two 2022 first rounders are having a whale of a time with LD Minty and C Gaucher.

* LD/RD LaCombe is finally off to a fast offensive start. He currently leads his team in scoring.

* RD Francis has played in 6 NCAA games this year. I just want to see him play in as many games as possible to consider his season a win. With his 6th game this year, he has played more NCAA games than last year.

Reactions: Trojans86 and Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Prospects update, pt 2:

Oct242022
ProspectDucksProsor Euro
RdFirst NameLast NamePosLeagueTeamGPGAPts.Plus/ minusPPG/ GAA
1​
MasonMctavishLWNHLDucks
6​
0​
4​
4​
-3​
0.667​
FAPavolRegendaLWNHLDucks
5​
0​
2​
2​
-1​
0.400​
4​
ThimoNicklRHDH. AllsvenskanAIK
8​
0​
0​
0​
-7​
0.00​
5​
ArtyomGalimovCKHLBars Kazan
19​
2​
1​
3​
2​
0.16​
6​
AlbinSundsvikCSHLSkelleftea
13​
0​
2​
2​
-5​
0.15​
6​
VyacheslavButeyetsGVHLChelmet
16​
0​
0​
0​
0.923​
2.34​
3​
CalleClangGSHLRogle
6​
0​
0​
0​
0.898​
2.87​
1​
JacobPerreaultRWAHLSan Diego
4​
0​
1​
1​
-3​
0.25​
1​
BraydenTraceyLWAHLSan Diego
4​
2​
2​
4​
1​
1.00​
6​
HunterDrewFAHLSan Diego
4​
1​
1​
2​
1​
0.50​
2​
BOGroulxCAHLSan Diego
4​
1​
1​
2​
-1​
0.50​
3​
BlakeMcLaughlinLWAHLSan Diego
3​
0​
0​
0​
-3​
0.00​
2​
DrewHellesonRHDAHLSan Diego
4​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
0.00​
4​
JoshLopinaC/RWAHLSan Diego
4​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
0.00​
2​
AxelAnderssonRDAHLSan Diego
2​
0​
2​
2​
1​
1.00​
5​
OlleEriksson EkGAHLSan Diego
2​
0​
0​
0​
0.864​
4.58​
3​
LukasDostalGAHLSan Diego
3​
0​
0​
0​
0.882​
3.66​

* G Clang is creeping back up to 0.900 Sv %.

* G Dostal is also creeping back up to 0.900 Sv %.
* LW Tracey has been opportunistic.
* RD Andersson has only played in 2 games this season. Is it injury or a healthy scratch? It seems odd to scratch Andersson two games in a row.

* McTavish and Regenda seem to be very integral for the NHL club at this moment.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

LePerilsofPerreault

Mar 20, 2022
Tryna get away, man
I would choose a player like Gaucher over a player like Lambert 9/10.
Yeah, I’m glad it wasn’t Lambert, but there are skill players I’m higher on from the draft. I think finding Gaucher-type players in FA/trade is a little bit easier than acquiring someone who’s really blossoming into a scorer, and having their contract rights and whatnot helps. That’s not to say Gaucher won’t be a beast in his own role and become potentially more valuable/versatile. Hopefully the kids grow into a team together.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Leg injury, huh? That'll make it pretty hard for him to Stand By Me.
As long as Ben doesn't see his leg on a BBQ like Bob from The Walking Dead, six to eight weeks with Robitussin oughta do it.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Notably there are no prospects on this list who play outside of Russia. Safe to assume this will be the case for a long time.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Does make you wonder if Michkov will ever cross over.
Michkov is the only reason to go to KHL games in Russia. With how bad economic situation is over there they may want to keep him in order to keep selling tickets and if he has his prime years in KHL he will be it's biggest star ever.

Russia's FSB and SVR could be watching him 24/7.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Luneau has a PP goal for gatineau in the third period.

Also, from elite prospects scouting the Q early on here:

Luneau looks quicker this season. He seems to have refined his sprint starts, bringing his knees higher and leaning into his acceleration. There are still some mechanical inefficiencies in the way he moves, but if he retains his technique through the season and adds more fluidity to his pivots, his skating grade will receive a bump when we do our prospect pool rankings next season.

The defenceman also seems more confident and poised on breakouts, more willing to make controlled plays to teammates in situations where, previously, the forecheck would have forced him into rims and chips.

More than his skating and breakouts, however, it’s his ability to link plays with teammates in transition that has shone since the start of the season.

In the clip below, Luneau jumps into the play. He gets the puck in the middle of the ice and skates down the offensive zone. He freezes a defender, passes across to a teammate, and, after moving around the defender, deflects the return pass in an open cage.

These are the kind of plays we saw Luneau execute more often in his first season in the QMJHL. Last season, they mostly went away as he started focusing more on his defensive game. Hopefully, in his third year in the QMJHL, the defenceman will be able to integrate all of the pieces of his game -- his improved defensive engagement, his breakout ability, and playmaking skills -- and become a dominant quarterback for the Olympiques.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Also, from elite prospects scouting the Q early on here:

I love the details that the EP reports provide. Right or wrong, but they give a detailed explanation of their opinion. And mostly they are right (as I've done before, I'm pointing to their assessment of Zegras skating. They went against the grain explaining why skating will not hold Zegras back, if not be a strength. They went into detail, about leg movement, posture, etc. I remember at the time Zegras got some critique from general sources that he's not that good of a skater. Looking back, I'm pretty sure EP were right, there are plays Zegras is able to make because of his skating. It might look like he glides sometimes, but he can blow past guys if he sees he needs it. Reading or listening to EP explanations of what and why they see is so good) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad