Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lacombe has two assists for Minnesota. Fast start for him.

This was the only goal I wanted LaCombe to improve upon in his senior year.

In the previous seasons, LaCombe has had a slow start in scoring. It was very perplexing he didn't start scoring early last season after breaking out after the WJC-20's the previous season.

Year 1. 13 pts in 31 games. Finished in top-2 in blocked shots with 61. (Learning to play defense.)​
............... Plus/Minus rating = -1​
Year 2. 21 pts in 27 games. Finished in top-3 in blocked shots with 33 .​
.............. 2 pts in first 6 games. After WJC-20, 19 pts in 21 games.​
............... Plus/Minus rating = + 19​
Year 3. 30 pts in 39 games. Lead Minny in blocked shots with 64 blocks. (2nd in blocked shots was 45 blocks.)​
............... 3 pts in first 12 games. 27 points in 27 games to close out the season.​
............... Plus/Minus rating = + 23​
Year 4. 7 pts in 6 games. Leads team in scoring. Is 3rd in blocked shots with 9 blocks.​
............... Plus/Minus rating = + 6​

LaCombe went to the NCAA from a high school program to learn to play defense as a converted offensive defenseman in high school. He's as fast and agile in skating like Zellweger. And like Zellweger, both are are left shot D-mean who play on the right side.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
The good news as far as signing Lacombe and Thrun, you can't make the argument that there isn't any room on the blue line... in fact, next season you could argue we would need 4 new d men.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
LaCombe skating is definitely an asset. He's pretty good at blocking shots too. Hopefully he shows up more impressive than Helleson.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
LaCombe is the guy we need to sign. I’m pretty positive he’ll be a better NHL player by Thrun by a good margin

I want both to sign b/c the Ducks need a lot of talent upgrades on our blue line. Thrun and LaCombe are different types of players. Thrun is a shutdown D who's developing his offense. Yeah, he's got no fast wheels, but he's very steady on his end and probably a PK mainstay. As for LaCombe, he's a converted offensive D-man learning to play defense. Because of his wheels and offensive acumen, the org took a gamble on the high schooler.

Plus, I don't want to give away assets for free. According to CapFriendly, we own Thrun's right through Aug 2024 and Thrun is a senior this year academically. We should be able to sign both.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
The good news as far as signing Lacombe and Thrun, you can't make the argument that there isn't any room on the blue line... in fact, next season you could argue we would need 4 new d men.
Part of the issue is that, in addition to them, Zellweger, Mintyukov, and Hinds are also turning pro at the same time. All of them are lefties, too.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Part of the issue is that, in addition to them, Zellweger, Mintyukov, and Hinds are also turning pro at the same time. All of them are lefties, too.
Yeah.... plus everyone else.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I don't want players who won't sign because they're worried they have to beat out other prospects.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I don't want players who won't sign because they're worried they have to beat out other prospects.
I mean they are basically going to be UFA... I'm sure path to making the most money is on their minds.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I mean they are basically going to be UFA... I'm sure path to making the most money is on their minds.
If that's the case, then every FA should just go to the worst team every time because they'll get the most playing time.

And anyway they would make more money by signing here. They'd get to burn a year off their ELC and reach their next contract quicker.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If that's the case, then every FA should just go to the worst team every time because they'll get the most playing time.

And anyway they would make more money by signing here. They'd get to burn a year off their ELC and reach their next contract quicker.
That's not always the best place to make money. A team like Florida would sound good.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Tschigerl has three assists for Calgary tonight.

Gonna be a busy time for me updating that prospects table tomorrow/tonight. At least I'll be happier doing that than what we witnessed today.

brownies-daikini.gif

Reactions: Kalv and Static

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I like Gaucher but get the feeling I’m going to loath over Snuggerud being snagged right behind him.
There were a lot of players I would have preferred. Gaucher fits what we need atleast, hopefully we can improve his skating agility.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad