Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Zellweger is just an offensive machine. There’s going to be an adjustment but it’s hard to picture him not scoring 55 points in the NHL at least a couple times

Starting to feel this way, too. I know the inherent cons of a shorter dman and some inevitable zone adjustments in his own end are there, but the combination of tools and instincts are too good for me to believe he won’t end up being a very good NHL player

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I went to bed when Ollen was 0+2. I watched those plays on Twitter and I thought "well, he just passed the puck to a teammate and that's it, he just benefits from a great team in these plays". I wake up, dude added another assist and a hat-trick, lol. He is now tied for 2nd in WHL scoring (with Bedard), and is only 1 point from the scoring leader who is his teammate Stankoven.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
If our young D can figure out the defensive part of a NHL game we may look like a Sbornaja of the 80s/90s (or the red army line of the Red Wings)

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Wow and he missed so much of the season too. I really don’t understand the hate he gets.

I don't get the hate either. Too many guys only think a prospect is good if they put up huge points in junior and don't look at how they put up points.

I have watched Gaucher live a couple times and online over a dozen games, the guy reminds me of a Kesler, Jordan Stall, Danault type. Excellent defensively, and while very likely won't be a point per game guy in the NHL, I fully expect him to be a lockdown defender who chips in 30-50 points. The way he scores, he is not going to see the significant drop off in production that many junior players see when transitioning to higher levels.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Wow and he missed so much of the season too. I really don’t understand the hate he gets.

For me, it's a difference in philosophies and context.

• 2022 CSB Final Rankings
    • 11th for NA, RW Snuggerud (6'1, 188 lbs)
    • 16th for NA, C Gaucher (6'4, 209 lbs)
    • 13th for Euro, C Kulich (6', 178 lbs)

Do we go after a safe pick at the bottom of the 1st round or do we go after potential top-6 forwards? I would prefer a potential top-6 forward because they're harder to acquire and/or more expensive to acquire via FA/trade.

Verbeek reset the rebuild. We're going to lose Rico soon. We need to replace his production. In the pipeline after the 2021-22 season, Anaheim is hoping to see something from 2019 LW Tracey, 2020 Perreault, and 2021 Pastujov. 20/20 hindsight had Tracey and Perreault take a step backwards this year. Pastujov had a great scoring year, but his skating is still slow. We need more darts.

Tracey had 28 points in 62 games as a 21-year old with the Gulls.
Perreault had 19 points in 48 games as a 20-year old with the Gulls.

Snuggerud had a great NCAA season with 50 points in 40 games and +35 rating; finished 2nd in team scoring, 2nd in goal scoring, and 2nd in plus/minus. He finished 5th overall in NCAA scoring.​
Kulich had a great AHL season as an 18-year old. He had 46 points in 62 AHL games.​

We're fortunate to finish with the worst record in the league to land us one of Bedard, Carlsson, or Fantilli and it lessens the sting of missing out on Snuggerud and Kulich. OTOH, could you imagine having a Snuggerud or Kulich with one of the top-3 picks this year?

Anaheim did draft a tall, shutdown center with Sept baby Hvidston in the fifth round last year. He's 6'2 and 165 lbs as one of the youngest in the draft, a year younger than Gaucher and in the same draft year. Welp, Hvidston's offense perked up this year and matched Gaucher's offensive output. Can Hvidston put on weight, improve his shutdown capabilities, and continue to improve his offense?

Do I hate Gaucher? Nope. He brings that bite and size the Ducks need in the near future. He's good in front of the net, which is something the Ducks do need. Gaucher fits the vision that Verbeek wants. Can't have judgement on it until several years later, tbh.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad