Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Kind of a weird decision for Perbix to transfer. Wouldn't be surprised if PV isn't interested in signing him, but he had his best year there so I'm not sure why he'd want to leave.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Luneau finished today 1+2. Sarnia lost game six and will have a game seven, if they lose id imagine we see pastujov in San Diego.

King has an assist.

I'm very interested in seeing how Pasta handles that level. He's always going to be a below average skater but he's got elite offensive IQ and has some dog in him. I think he's going to have to play more physical to make up for his foot speed and that probably wont happen until he fills out a bit.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lacombe's Minnesota is playing Quinnipiac for the NCAAM title on ESPN2 right now.

I caught the 2nd period. LaCombe, imo, play was not so aggressive on the goal against (without even pushing is stick at an attempted pass/shot), but the intermission commentators identified it was the goalie's fault for allowing the puck to cross the crease without ever blocking it. I guess LaCombe did his job to let the goalie see the puck b/c none of the commentators thought it was LaCombe's fault.

Since then, LaCombe's been very good defensively and on the PK. He's been great at blocking shots. He did a great job in one helter skelter sequence where the puck popped loose in front of the net for the opponent, but LaCombe slide his whole body to block the shot attempt. Lucky LaCombe was wearing a cage b/c I think the puck could have have taken off his face even with a visor on.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I caught the 2nd period. LaCombe, imo, play was not so aggressive on the goal against (without even pushing is stick at an attempted pass/shot), but the intermission commentators identified it was the goalie's fault for allowing the puck to cross the crease without ever blocking it. I guess LaCombe did his job to let the goalie see the puck b/c none of the commentators thought it was LaCombe's fault.

Since then, LaCombe's been very good defensively and on the PK. He's been great at blocking shots. He did a great job in one helter skelter sequence where the puck popped loose in front of the net for the opponent, but LaCombe slide his whole body to block the shot attempt. Lucky LaCombe was wearing a cage b/c I think the puck could have have taken off his face even with a visor on.

Agree, I thought he was lazy and could've been more aggressive with his stick to prevent the pass on the goal, but also that pass across went through the blue paint and between the stick and pads of the goalie. His play is very calming, never looks like he's even trying out there. Literally looks like he's playing a rec league game, it's going to drive people nuts lol.

The intensity of this game is fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Agree, I thought he was lazy and could've been more aggressive with his stick to prevent the pass on the goal, but also that pass across went through the blue paint and between the stick and pads of the goalie. His play is very calming, never looks like he's even trying out there. Literally looks like he's playing a rec league game, it's going to drive people nuts lol.

The intensity of this game is fantastic.

LaCombe's actually pretty active, does use his body, and pretty good stick-to-puck coordination. He's always playing calm, but he's also got the speed to get where he wants. His slapshot, though, is wow. You don't think it's much, but the windup is fast and accurate.

He's not aggressive offensively, but he does a lot of support following when he's in position to be offensive. It's like playing defense is his priority. heh

The penalty call at the end was bullshit. Both should have gone off the ice b/c holding the stick is a penalty. Yet, the goalie messed up again. It's the second time he can't stop a puck crossing his crease. If Minny had a better netminder, they would have won in a shutout fashion. Although, Minny did turtle in the 3rd, like crazy movie large turtle playing not to lose.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad