B-Sens 2022-23 Belleville Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
In raw points, yes, and in goals and goals per game, yes. Not in pts/game though.

More importantly, though, 13 of Guenette's 19 points have been on the PP whereas only 4 of Thomson's 14 have been on PP. If Guenette can play an NHL PP, great. But if he can't, those points don't mean a ton in the context of projection (aside from the fact that he can do things with the puck).

Its about developing the offensive side to his game more than the points at this stage

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Comment was more of a slight towards Thomson than anything. This dude should be up there in points and farther along in his development than what he has currently shown. His development has really stagnated.

Guennette did open a lot of eyes during the camp and the preseason, and looked a lot better than Thomson at times. I wouldn't be surprised if he will surpass Thomson in the depth chart in the eyes of management by the end of the season. This is Guennette's 2nd season in the AHL compared to Thomson's 3rd.

Without watching much BVille, its hard for me to comment. I like them both "ok". I do think Thomson has the tools to be an interesting #5D. But haven't expected much more than that for a while. I like what I've seen from Guenette.

But I will just stress again that PP points can really skew the story when looking at AHLers.
Yes very very few teams give multiple players one way contracts when they expect them to play in the AHL.
I dunno about that. The best teams certainly have far more cases of it, and more salaries between that 400k-750k mark.

Bruins have Steen (800k), Lettieri (550k), Renouf (400k), Carrick (450k), Kinkaid (400k), not to mention Wagner (1m) and Mike Reilly (3m) seemingly down there to stay.

Nucks have Keeper (775k), Rathbone (750k), Pederson (750k), Delia (750k), Dowling (750k), Di Guiseppe (450K), and a handful of guys in the 250-350k range.

Even the Red Wings, with a bottom AHL team and a stacked system, have Czarnik (450k x 2), O'Reagan (450k x 2), Kampfer (425k), Olkinura (425k).

Columbus has Tarasov (750k, 2.4m over next two years) & Gaunce (475k x 2).

I looked at almost 10 teams, the only one with a similar salary breakdown as us was Carolina. If I am to extrapolate, I would guess that there are more teams with an AHLer on a 1-way deal than those without, and almost every team has 5+ players making more money than our highest paid AHLer.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Its about developing the offensive side to his game more than the points at this stage
I get it, and maybe I just dont have the expectations for Thomson that others have (5-10 goals, 25-30pts is all I expect as a peak). But if you take out PP points, these are the guys with more points than Thomson (10pts):
- Reinhardt (18pts)
- Sokolov (16pts)
- Sabourin (16pts)
- Greig (15pts)
- Cassels (12pts)
- Crookshank (11pts)

If Lassi is getting PP opportunity and doing nothing with it, that's one thing. But if he isn't, and is being used more at ES and on the PK, his offensive production is fine imo.

I would of course like more offence from him but I never expected him to be more than a 45-55 point guy at the AHL level and he's right around that with very little PP scoring.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I get it, and maybe I just dont have the expectations for Thomson that others have (5-10 goals, 25-30pts is all I expect as a peak). But if you take out PP points, these are the guys with more points than Thomson (10pts):
- Reinhardt (18pts)
- Sokolov (16pts)
- Sabourin (16pts)
- Greig (15pts)
- Cassels (12pts)
- Crookshank (11pts)

If Lassi is getting PP opportunity and doing nothing with it, that's one thing. But if he isn't, and is being used more at ES and on the PK, his offensive production is fine imo.

I would of course like more offence from him but I never expected him to be more than a 45-55 point guy at the AHL level and he's right around that with very little PP scoring.
So you’ve listed that forwards get more points than defenseman at even strength.
Not really that shocking.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
No idea
That forwards get more points than defence,
Is that some new theory none of us are aware of.
Lol. So, someone says Thomson has been struggling offensively. I point out that he leads our DMen in ES points and is only behind 6 forwards. From that, you get that I'm trying to show that forwards score more than defence? Smart guy.

Are you upset that I refuted your earlier claim or something? What a weird response.

Let me spell it out for you: my point is that Thomson is performing pretty decently offensively at ES, and that his lack of PP points might skew perception. I am guessing that you are the only one who didn't get that, so maybe this misunderstanding is a "you" problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensatauro

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Lol. So, someone says Thomson has been struggling offensively. I point out that he leads our DMen in ES points and is only behind 6 forwards. From that, you get that I'm trying to show that forwards score more than defence? Smart guy.

Are you upset that I refuted your earlier claim or something? What a weird response.

Let me spell it out for you: my point is that Thomson is performing pretty decently offensively at ES, and that his lack of PP points might skew perception. I am guessing that you are the only one who didn't get that, so maybe this misunderstanding is a "you" problem.
Lol

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Played twice the games.

This season? I was talking about this season for Donovan vs career for Boucher

Boucher : 29 pts in 41 games (0.71 PPG)
Donovan : 28 pts in 34 games (0.82 PPG)

Sorry but LESS games for Donovan. Yeah I was not talking about Donovan's PRE-draft season.

I like this game.

Josh Brown has more goals this year than Erik Brannstrom has in his career.

You guys can sway between denial and bargaining all you want but look at the numbers above and understand that Boucher is 15 months older than Donovan. Oh and that Donovan is a Defenseman.

It's just some facts, you choose to do whatever you want it but if we dig a little, I'm sure we could find a lot of CHL players from the 2022 draft outscoring Boucher, no matter which round. This is stuff I did with WHL draftees from 2021 and most were outscoring him, no matter which round. There's probably a bunch of UNDRAFTED players outscoring too, younger or not...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This season? I was talking about this season for Donovan vs career for Boucher

Boucher : 29 pts in 41 games (0.71 PPG)
Donovan : 28 pts in 34 games (0.82 PPG)

Sorry but LESS games for Donovan. Yeah I was not talking about Donovan's PRE-draft season.

You guys can sway between denial and bargaining all you want but look at the numbers above and understand that Boucher is 15 months older than Donovan. Oh and that Donovan is a Defenseman.

It's just some facts, you choose to do whatever you want it but if we dig a little, I'm sure we could find a lot of CHL players from the 2022 draft outscoring Boucher, no matter which round. This is stuff I did with WHL draftees from 2021 and most were outscoring him, no matter which round. There's probably a bunch of UNDRAFTED players outscoring too, younger or not...

• Wow
Reactions: Xspyrit

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
AHL Free view Jan 14. 1 day.
Chance to watch the BSens in lieu of watching the Sens thump the lowly Avs.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My mann Troy Interview.
One of if not the best interview in the organization.
He's going to need a promotion

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Fantastic development coach. Keep things where they are until the sale. Hopefully the new hockey ops recognizes his positive contribution.
I could see him start as an assistant in the NHL. Either way he'd be a good asset.
I would prefer at least 1 more year as HC in the A. There are still guys down there/in the system who we really need to pan out as good NHLers. If he forces the issue, though, I would give him an NHL role in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes: for tonight's game against Cleveland

There’s just one change to the Belleville lineup following last week’s six-point sweep. Jayce Hawryluk returns from a three-game injury break and will replace Chad Yetman, who continues his PTO. Hawryluk will slot onto Belleville’s second line, alongside Kyle Betts and Angus Crookshank. Mads Sogaard returns between the pipes, backed up by Kevin Mandolese, who earned the win in Belleville’s last game. Jack Dougherty and Antoine Bibeau will be the Sens healthy scratches tonight.

Injury Report:

#NamePos.Last GameGames MissedTimelineNotes
10Philippe Daoust CNov.23/22 @ UTC 17Season Ending Shoulder
20Matt Wedman CDec.31/22 @ UTC 3Week-to-Week Upper Body
26Brennan Saulnier LWDec.30/22 @ ROC 4Week-to-Week Upper Body
33Lassi Thomson DDec.21/22 vs WBS 7Week-to-Week Upper Body
34Roby Jarventie LWOct.29/22 @ RFD 25Week-to-Week Knee

Who to Watch:

The American Hockey League announced the rosters for the 2023 All-Star Classic presented by Bell this week and Sens forward Egor Sokolov has been selected to make his first appearance. The 22-year-old from Yekaterinburg, Russia is playing in his third professional season and has registered 35 points (11 goals, 24 assists) in 34 games with Belleville so far this season. He currently leads the team in points (35), assists (24) and power play points (19). Sokolov, who sits 12th in the AHL’s overall scoring race, had two assists last game.

19-year-old David Jiricek will be Cleveland’s representative at the All-Star Classic in Laval. The native of Klatovy, Czechia has 20 points (five goals, 15 assists) in 20 AHL games this season and returns tonight from the World Junior Hockey Championship in Halifax, where he had seven points (three goals, four assists) and earned a silver medal. Drafted by Columbus in the first round (sixth overall) in the 2022 NHL Entry Draft, Jiricek sits 18th in AHL rookie scoring and 16th in defensive scoring, and has also dressed in a pair of NHL games for the Blue Jackets this season.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game can be seen on AHL TV, or heard live on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

1673654295708.png

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
BSens down 1-0 in 2nd

BSens down 1-0 after 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad