OT: 2022-2023 NCAA Hockey Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just switched over the the Huskies/CC game. Man, I like Peart. Seems to have grown a bit, and his skating is excellent. Also seems pretty composed under forechecking pressure, and looks really smooth and natural when he jumps up into the play.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't agree with that call. Knies didn't bring it in intentionally.
Doesn't matter anyway, Michigan cleared before touching it in the offensive zone anyway.

Delay offside, then they clear, then can reenter the zone.

Commentator and broadcast didn't show enough after, only the one glimpse, but my dvr showed it clearly.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Ping! x 3

You looking for a golf sponsorship?

g425_max-driver_mouseover_500x500.jpg

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't golf

So golf balls instead? Ya know, to throw at those dang kid who get on the lawn.

This may or may not be the reason I'm not allowed to have golf balls... It also may or may no have been my own kid who was on the lawn...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Michigan was just more efficient all game. Quick decisive turns from offense to defense and back. Gophers, once they got going offensively were fine, but sloppy and indecisive in the transition either way.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I guess I am the only one who doesn’t get the Faber hype.

Peart, though, I am somewhat excited about. He is developing very well.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I don't get it either. For me all of Faber, Hunt, Lambos, ROR, and Peart are roughly the same quality of prospect. They do have different strengths and weaknesses, but I don't see anything that separates any of them from each other overall. Faber has the new and shiny + #oneofus going for him. Lambos was a 1st round pick and has that going for him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’m told he doesn’t make mistakes, yet I turn on the tv and he makes a mistake, just about every time. Not that he is bad in that regard, just not the flawless paragon that I am told he is. Last night he allowed the winning goal to be scored against his team by letting his opponent get between him and the net(lazy?, unaware?), and losing a puck battle to him. If he can’t win a puck battle against an averaged size college player at a critical time, how can we expect him to compete physically in the NHL right away? Even the AHL is quite a step up in physicality, and takes time, and work to adjust to.

I see average size and strength, good but not great skating, average offensive skills, and nothing like Brodin’s composure and defensive IQ.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m told he doesn’t make mistakes, yet I turn on the tv and he makes a mistake, just about every time. Not that he is bad in that regard, just not the flawless paragon that I am told he is. Last night he allowed the winning goal to be scored against his team by letting his opponent get between him and the net(lazy?, unaware?), and losing a puck battle to him. If he can’t win a puck battle against an averaged size college player at a critical time, how can we expect him to compete physically in the NHL right away? Even the AHL is quite a step up in physicality, and takes time, and work to adjust to.

I see average size and strength, good but not great skating, average offensive skills, and nothing like Brodin’s composure and defensive IQ.
If Brodin is your expectation, then I think you are mis-reading the “hype”.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Gophers should have won imo. Oh well, it should make them hungry for the tourney. Faber is very patient on the ice; lots of folks hyping him, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a learning curve there. He should be compared to Spurgeon, not Brodin.

Last few times I’ve watched SCSU, Peart hasn’t looked strong, trending down imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad