Rumor: 2022-2023 Free Agency and Trade Rumors: STILL searching for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
They just signed Lehk Nuke MacK Manson Georgiev. No chance they would ever start a retool or rebuild a few months later. Nothing wrong with fantasy GMing of course, but realistically speaken its a complete non-starter.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
EJ for JT Miller straight up, 1 for 1 no retention. Who says no?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That's 100% negated by EJ who's playing like a 800k bottom pairing guy. The 6M that we "saved" with that contract we wasted it all on EJ.

That's like finding a $100 bill on the sidewalk and throwing it in the trash bin.
Can’t say I disagree with this. The Avs absolutely should have found a way to move that contract out.

EJ for JT Miller straight up, 1 for 1 no retention. Who says no?
Both sides say no. Avs do not need to pull a, well, Vancouver by trading away one bad contract only to acquire one that might be worse.

Reactions: Azrael89

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
That's 100% negated by EJ who's playing like a 800k bottom pairing guy. The 6M that we "saved" with that contract we wasted it all on EJ.

That's like finding a $100 bill on the sidewalk and throwing it in the trash bin.

Youre supposed to return the bill to its original owner, the Anaheim Ducks

Reactions: dahrougem2

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Hey if someone wants to give more trade value for him because they believe fancy stats vs eye test I'm good with that lol.
...but he also looked great? Not sure how anyone could think otherwise. We was clearly their best all-around D. Made great reads, cut gaps and was poised with the puck. Also made some great pinches in the offensive zone, though he did defer to Hughes a lot.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Well if he says no to a trade then he's definitely not coming back next year.

I'm not worried about him declining a trade for that reason alone.

In fact I think that if he's getting traded, he's getting traded at full cap hit for someone at full cap hit (like Domi) then he's getting flipped somewhere else.

Like I explained before, it makes no difference for the Hawks to retain on Domi or retain on EJ, either way it takes one retaining slot. So if they don't have to retain on Domi, they can retain on EJ and flip him for a pick.

Edit: I said Domi but it could be Horvat at full cap hit too.
We just have to straight up cheap the cap. Everyone does it. EJ with a terrible equipment rash on trade deadline day, only resolved on the eve of the playoffs. Do it.

Reactions: Azrael89

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Stop. They are not retooling.
After another Stankey Cup maybe a wrong choice if words but Byram will easily replace Toews, he's already far better, and I'd rather they get something for him then letting him walk.

But maybe you are right they should just go for a 3 peat and let him walk. I think it can be done without him .

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
After another Stankey Cup maybe a wrong choice if words but Byram will easily replace Toews, he's already far better, and I'd rather they get something for him then letting him walk.

But maybe you are right they should just go for a 3 peat and let him walk. I think it can be done without him .
Just like it was done without him before.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I’ve heard of a stankey leg, I’ve heard of a stankey mama, but I have not ever heard of a Stankey Cup.

I dunno if I wanna win that.

But in all seriousness you’re just on another planet if you think Byram will “easily” replace anyone. He needs to “easily” stay on the ice first.

The Avs do not need to, nor should they throw a season in their prime contention window away for fairy dust and grand hopes. That’s just plain foolishness and wastes the final year of MacKinnon’s discounted deal for nothing.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Gotta make the playoffs to have playoff success.

I have 0 idea what management is thinking right now. Between the off-season and the start it became apparent this team was going to struggle. I don't even know if this team when healthy would do much past the first round.

I've voiced this opinion a few times. They got their cup. This group doesn't look like they'll be able to do it again. Figure out some values, who is worth investing in long term and make some savvy moves to fight for longer in the future even if it means they lose a year.
I think management is thinking they can have both. Make the playoffs without making a big move that sacrifices the future. Maybe trade lower round picks or Eagles-level players for one or two low-end guys and then see what they can make happen from it. Injuries might have just convinced them not to go all-in for a 2C and hope Behrens and maybe a higher end signing to use up some of the space that will clear is the best path to a retool. Another lost regular season for Byram opens up the possibility they just sign the RFA years with him and don't give him the massive deal that would take up a lot of space.

I don't agree at all if the team is healthy that they can't do anything past the first round. The first round might be the toughest if they are a lower seed but this team if healthy has a decent chance to win the Cup. As always gotta get breaks to win one, trades and health don't guarantee anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad