2022-2023 AUS Thread

902RedIslander

Nov 2, 2022
From what I heard from a fan was that there would be 1 game in Halifax and 1 in Moncton.

But, as I stated in my Rumor post, no one seems to know much about this.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but if it does it's a well kept secret.
All I’ve seen on this is what Hockey Canada announced back in September. That announcement said pre tournament games in NB and NS communities. Not sure that there’s ever been a schedule released.

I agree that there’s likely not much appetite for schools to send guys east

902RedIslander

Nov 2, 2022
Interesting to note that UNB hasn't scheduled any games over the break.

That's my worry also. I was hoping that they would have a strong season after a good one last year.
Have thought about this as well. The exodus of players last year really shot any momentum they had going for themselves

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Is it too early to pencil DAL out of the playoffs?

Asking for a friend.....

And on a serious note I hope they don't go the way of STU.
Two things:
1. Covid damaged player commitment. We have yet to see how that will impact next year.
2. The problem with the AUS is the lack of mediocre teams. If they added 2 or 3 such teams a team going, say, 4-1-1 against them could see themselves in a race for 6th.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
A tale of two nights and two teams. SMU played a solid game with a short bench getting a 2-1 SO win over UNB. No idea where that team was last night.
On the other side, UdeM drops a 5-2 decision to ACA after scoring 7 against SMU Friday night.

A couple of games left in the 1st half.

Reactions: Rob

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Latest rumor on AUS vs TC:

2 games in Moncton 10 -13 Dec ????
Gards will coach with Naugs, Derek Cormier and perhaps Forbie.
Spoke with G-Mac tonight and he "confirmed" the coaching staff. Says that the team is picked but needs to talk to the players about exams and stuff.
I didn't ask who the players were and he didn't offer, but I can guess Montpetit, Welsh and probably Richard. Maybe even add Capriotti to the list.
The issue with goalies is that they don't get to play. TC uses their own goalies, so it's just a glorified practice for the AUS guys.
They play Sunday 11 Dec at 4 pm and Monday 12 Dec at noon.
He wants 2 practices, so the guys will probably be there on Friday.
I was thinking of going but realized I have an appointment on Monday that I can't/won't reschedule.

Still nothing "public" about this.
Not sure if I raised the subject, but I would imagine a lot of university presidents would be "uncomfortable" dealing with HC so perhaps it's not been pushed by CIS.
It's not a knock on the current TC players, but the optics would not be good.
Time will tell.....

Last edited:
Reactions: FreddyFoyle

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
A tale of two nights and two teams. SMU played a solid game with a short bench getting a 2-1 SO win over UNB. No idea where that team was last night.
On the other side, UdeM drops a 5-2 decision to ACA after scoring 7 against SMU Friday night.

A couple of games left in the 1st half.
Didn’t watch all of the game but it looked like a really gutsy effort by SMU with all the injuries. UNB losing both games at the Dauphinee Centre this season.

Big win by Acadia.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Didn’t watch all of the game but it looked like a really gutsy effort by SMU with all the injuries. UNB losing both games at the Dauphinee Centre this season.

Big win by Acadia.
They played well against a good UNB team. Huge win for ACA. Should be a confidence builder

902RedIslander

Nov 2, 2022
They played well against a good UNB team. Huge win for ACA. Should be a confidence builder
SMU has played UNB very tough at home this season and have been rewarded for it

Match up for the coming week for me will be UNB at UPEI on Sat night. Recall this game at the same point last season…Reds had a very short bench at the time and Panthers took the game leading into the break. Will be a very important two pts for both squads this time around and no doubt a tone setter ahead of the 2nd half/nearing U Cup

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink

Match up for the coming week for me will be UNB at UPEI on Sat night. Recall this game at the same point last season…Reds had a very short bench at the time and Panthers took the game leading into the break. Will be a very important two pts for both squads this time around and no doubt a tone setter ahead of the 2nd half/nearing U Cup
The Red Army will prevail.

Reactions: timbitca

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
ACA keeps rolling with a 5-4 OT win @sfx.

UPEI picks up another win.

DAL is .....DAL

Rumor mill has UPEI bringing in a current East Coast player for 2nd half.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB

UNB started that game with 13 skaters and finished with 12: 4 D and 8 forwards. Gutsiest performance I ever watched (online).

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
SMU 4-3 win over X
Looking at X, they are top heavy on offensive talent, but the defensive part of their game lacks big time.
SMU opened up a 4-0 lead before X battles back to make a game of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad