2022-2023 AUS Thread

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
For the FISU Winter games. Is it just going to be players from the AUS?
Lake Placid 2023

Bulletin #1 page 4 states a "national team" for M&W hockey.

The coaching staff for both M&W are comprised of personnel from multiple conferences. I expect the players to be the same, not just from AUS.

Reactions: Rob

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Does anyone know who the US is sending? Last year it was supposed to be Northeastern representing the States.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
3-1 UNB over UPEI…gritty tight win and Panthers didn’t really see much at all in the second or third. Nurse had a great game and thought he was everywhere tonight.
Glad to see Nurse finally get a goal. The man has been snake bitten so far this season.

STFX finally breaks out of their funk to light up SMU who are now struggling a bit.

Reactions: FreddyFoyle

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
UNB with a fairly dominating win over Acadia. Pretty lifeless Tuesday night game until some rough stuff late.
Same teams play again Friday night.

Tropical storm Nicole due to hit the Maritimes on Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a cancellation or two. Especially on the Island

Reactions: 902RedIslander

902RedIslander

Nov 2, 2022
UNB with a fairly dominating win over Acadia. Pretty lifeless Tuesday night game until some rough stuff late.
Same teams play again Friday night.

Tropical storm Nicole due to hit the Maritimes on Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a cancellation or two. Especially on the Island
UNB cruises tonight in Wolfville, despite shots being somewhat close at 27-20. Acadia will be in tough on Friday and you have to think that Gards will have the troops ready come Saturday night against SMU, given the loss last time the two faced each other.

Heard an interesting call tonight on the Acadia webcast…I wasn’t aware Gards bussed the team back to Wolfville to watch the semi final game following the loss to Ryerson at UCup last season. That must’ve hurt!

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
UNB cruises tonight in Wolfville, despite shots being somewhat close at 27-20. Acadia will be in tough on Friday and you have to think that Gards will have the troops ready come Saturday night against SMU, given the loss last time the two faced each other.

Heard an interesting call tonight on the Acadia webcast…I wasn’t aware Gards bussed the team back to Wolfville to watch the semi final game following the loss to Ryerson at UCup last season. That must’ve hurt!
I remember thinking: "Why are they here? They're staying in Halifax." Never gave it any more thought until Len mentioned it tonight.

Reactions: 902RedIslander

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I remember thinking: "Why are they here? They're staying in Halifax." Never gave it any more thought until Len mentioned it tonight.
I was talking to a couple of the UNB veterans after they rolled in and watched two periods. It was the last place they wanted to be, but they understood that Gardiner wanted to send a message to the younger players.

Does anyone know who the US is sending? Last year it was supposed to be Northeastern representing the States.
Drummer pointed me to a story that said that the US will pick a select team from NCAA Div III players.

902RedIslander

Nov 2, 2022
Big road win for UPEI tonight over X. Panthers have seemed like much more of a cohesive group so far this season vs years past. Still a bit unsure of their composure and ability to hold the lead though when it counts. Two wins over X in the first half…they have to be happy with that!

Reactions: Rob

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Big road win for UPEI tonight over X. Panthers have seemed like much more of a cohesive group so far this season vs years past. Still a bit unsure of their composure and ability to hold the lead though when it counts. Two wins over X in the first half…they have to be happy with that!
2 wins over SMU as well.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Not everyone can be the Red Army.
I'm certainly not gloating over this. I feel bad for them.
I played on on a 0-30 midget team, it was impossible to show up and be motivated , I have nothing but respect for Dal, even down 6-0 to UNB guys were diving in front of pucks and they played right to the buzzer . They definitely are lacking on skill but that is a high character group.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Off topic but is Dalhousie building a new rink? I thought it was being discussed.
I think so. I really haven't heard much about it for a while and I don't get to the big city all that much and if I do, I avoid going to the south end. But, next time I'm in (probably next Saturday for ACA), I'll try to swing over to DAl and see what's up and make a report.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Not everyone can be the Red Army.
I'm certainly not gloating over this. I feel bad for them.
I'm not gloating, but stating a fact.
They were heading in the right direction last year, so the first half has been tough.

I think so. I really haven't heard much about it for a while and I don't get to the big city all that much and if I do, I avoid going to the south end. But, next time I'm in (probably next Saturday for ACA), I'll try to swing over to DAl and see what's up and make a report.
Is renovating the Forum just rumour?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad