2022-2023 AUS Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Avenir Centre would be an excellent location for a future Nationals.

Moncton is an ideal location for a lot of things. Basically 2 hr + from most AUS cities.

Glad you enjoyed it, bud. I would have been there on the UdeM chit but I had a previous "thing" on Monday. See if you can make it to Sin City sometime.

Preaching to the choir here, I would LOVE to host Nationals at the Avenir. The one hickup would be the dressing rooms, there's no where near enough room to accomodate 8 teams correctly, though I'm fully aware all rinks are like that now. I'd say there's room for 5 teams to be comfortably installed, if the Cats aren't in town.

Gonna try and make it down to Halifax the weekend of January 27-28. Just so happens everyone is on the road that weekend and I don't have to worry about any home games.

Reactions: 902RedIslander

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Preaching to the choir here, I would LOVE to host Nationals at the Avenir. The one hickup would be the dressing rooms, there's no where near enough room to accomodate 8 teams correctly, though I'm fully aware all rinks are like that now. I'd say there's room for 5 teams to be comfortably installed, if the Cats aren't in town.

Gonna try and make it down to Halifax the weekend of January 27-28. Just so happens everyone is on the road that weekend and I don't have to worry about any home games.
DAL game at the Fabulous Forum. Text me if you are going to show up.

Reactions: timbitca

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
I see D’Amico left Kalamazoo, I wonder if he’ll end up at PEI or another school
The K-Wings also announced Tuesday that forward Daniel D’Amico is electing to take his college package and will be attending Toronto Metropolitan University. As a formality, Kalamazoo has placed D’Amico on suspension to protect his playing rights.

Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Hope it is true. I have a free place to stay in Ottawa. 😁

I wonder if they would play their games at TD Place (home rink for the 67s) ?
For sure they would.

IF IT HAPPENS.

As far as accomodations, if Justin is still in power I can stay at his place.

Reactions: Rob

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
18 down - 12 to go.

UNB, UPEI and SMU will be missing three players for the next 2 weeks while SFX will be missing two while UdeM, DAL and ACD will have full rosters. Four of the league's top 5 scores will be missing along with three of the top 4 scoring D-man. It will be interesting to see if the loss of these players will impact the top three in the league (UNB, UPEI & SMU).

There is a lot of hockey over the next two weekends, but the following are the most interesting games for the top 3 (that I see);
Fri-Jan-06 SMU @ SFX
Sat-Jan-07 UPEI @ UNB
Wed-Jan-11 UPEI @ SMU
Sat-Jan-14 SFX @ UNB
Fri-Jan-20 UNB @ SMU
Sat-Jan-21 UPEI @ SFX

UNB has a six point lead over UPEI and nine over SMU. They don't have to win everything to remain 1st and they host 2 of the 3 games I've listed, so they're in a good spot to get through this phase of the term.

UPEI has a tough schedule - all of their tough matches are on the road.

SMU host 2 of three as well, but a win over UdeM on the 21st might be all they need to remain in 3rd.

UdeM ended the term on a 3-game losing streak while SMU won 3 which is how SMU jumped into 3rd spot. You don't want to be 4th, as it generally means a second round visit to Fredericton. This is their chance to get back on track.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
SMU, SFX and UPEI get to play 2 games with full rosters while UNB has 1.

They players will probably leave on Sunday/Monday for Ottawa.

Should be some interesting games during this time.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Some of you may have seen Brian around the rink at the Nationals, anywhere UNB played.
Brian was the "official" UNB photographer.

"He joined the team in early 2000 & volunteered countless hours to the program & became a favourite with players over the years."

Brian.jpg

902RedIslander

Nov 2, 2022
Some of you may have seen Brian around the rink at the Nationals, anywhere UNB played.
Brian was the "official" UNB photographer.

"He joined the team in early 2000 & volunteered countless hours to the program & became a favourite with players over the years."

View attachment 630682
Thank you for posting this. Brian has been fixture of UNB hockey for a long time. Very sad to hear of his sudden passing.

Rightfully, expect him to be recognized Saturday night at the AUC.

Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Back-to-back wins for DAL over ACA. Look out for the Tigers.

SMU with the win at SFX. van Loon gets his 1st AUS point. Helvig with the SO. He's gonna be the guy going forward, I think.

UNB, after a terrible 2-losses-in-a-row to start the season, wins their 16th with a 3-0 SO over UdeM.

I'll make the trek across the bridge tonight to see if DAL can get a win against visiting SMU.

4 AUS teams get whittled down when guys go to FISU. Great opportunity for them, playing with some of the best players in the country.

Reactions: Rob

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Back-to-back wins for DAL over ACA. Look out for the Tigers.

SMU with the win at SFX. van Loon gets his 1st AUS point. Helvig with the SO. He's gonna be the guy going forward, I think.

UNB, after a terrible 2-losses-in-a-row to start the season, wins their 16th with a 3-0 SO over UdeM.

I'll make the trek across the bridge tonight to see if DAL can get a win against visiting SMU.

4 AUS teams get whittled down when guys go to FISU. Great opportunity for them, playing with some of the best players in the country.
We're whittled down right now, missing our top 2 D's and 2 of our top 2 F's, so I'm finding it hard to feel bad for the other teams haha. Considering the lineups, wasn't that bad of a game last night. I've seen a lot worse than 3-0 games against UNB, unfortunately.

Reactions: Drummer and Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad